Whos The New Coach @ Os

BBALLTN

Bigdave25, I would like to know the AAU stars and what team they were on. And like I said before, if you have good talent you will be good. Another thing, you can't coach heart and hard work. I know that many of those girls wouldn't have stayed if he was the coach. But I'm sure he wouldn't have cared because he would have found a way to win. Right??

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Os91 and Bigdave good posts except os91 you cannot use one isolated incident that could had a lot more factors beside who the coach is. The bottom line is why do you not give a coach that has a long history of success(By the way cookevegas3, when he coached boys he never had a losing season--whats your definition of successful?) a chance because the last time I heard about someone looking for a coach at a school with a lot of tradition and pride like OS they looked for a proven winner first. I think coach Christopher is a great person and will work hard and do good this year, BUT she can only coach one year. Will someone please explain that one to me!!!

As for Ace44, how many starters at the middle school have sat on the bench in high school or not even played--to say he has just had talent is just crazy--he has had girls that he molded into players or got the best out of in his system. If you don't believe that look at last years high school team had at least two starters that did not even go to OS elem. and there have been many more girls transfer in to get playing time over all that talent you say coach B. had!! As for the only way to get better is AAU is..., well all I know is you get some experience and do learn some if you have a good coach(a gamble), but nothing will ever take the place of getting out in the driveway, sneaking in a gym, or finding a goal somewhere and working on your game when it is ninety-nine degrees outside and everyone else is swimming or sleeping until noon. Do you know why AAU was formed? So college coaches can watch a lot of good players in one game in one place so all players try to score the most and look the best---Did you ever play AAU? Also, what do you mean weak schedule??

I do wish the lady bobcats and Coach Christoper the best this year because there are bunch of great girls with a lot of talent and they have a great chance at winning the state in single A if they continue to work hard

Oh goodness. Let's see. Where shall I begin?? Yes, you do have good talent. Look at highschool teams. How many good players do you think there is on a team? Let me rephrase that. How many excellent players are on a highschool team. NOT MANY!!! If you are lucky, two. You always have a highschool team with one or two great players and the rest are good. And yes, I believe that one player can take a team as far as they can, even if that means taking them to state. Seen it done. So don't tell me that he hasn't had talent because I know. Oh and the comment about getting out in the driveway, sneaking in a gym. The ONLY players that do that are players with HEART. As far as AAU goes, if you are good and people have seen you, you will be on an awesome team, with an awesome coach. Wizardofwood, you are right, if you are on a good AAU team, you will learn. But everything else you have said, isn't real smart.

Edited by Ace44

So if you have a great AAU coach and team then the you don't even need a good high school coach. Just let them go and they will be fine. As for AAU stars Sam's girls beat a ton of em up at the East Tn Tournament. You get better by being coached by a great coach. Just going out and playing games will not make you better ie AAU. Love him or hate him you are what your record says you are, and his record says he's pretty good. The coach at O.S. will do quite well. However, their Middle School Program is suffering without Sammy B. I hope they will get over the problems that will surely come up during the coaching change.

I really could care less about this topic but it seems you know not near of what you think you know. AAU is not something where all players go out and score as much as they want. You are right in a way why AAU was formed but the majority of players that play at big time colleges prove they are worthy of playing at that level by playing AAU. AAU is formed to get the best players from ALL OVER THE NATION playing each other. Alot of people talk about how great a kid is cause she gets 25 points a game in at a single A school. Until a kid proves it playing the best players in the nation in the summer then you really can't judge how great a player is. Coaches can not judge a kid on how they play againist teams that can't dribble which you run into alot of schools like this in high school, they judge the kids on how they do againist the best players in the Nation.

Your coach didn't get the job. Instead of being on here and being mad cause he or she didn't get it, you should be giving support to the coach that recieved the job. I personally watched OS junior high teams play this past year and I for one would say that OS fans should be happy with they coach they have cause from a outsider watching, I didn't see a junior high coach that could handle a high school team.

:DB)B)

Great post bigdave. Showtime7, the middle school went undefeated and won the sectional championship--the furthest they could go--can he not handle the high school because he does not wear a shirt and tie? Showtime7 and ace44--have you ever played AAU? Yes coach b. has had talent, but you dont win 65 out of 66 with one or two talented players unless the other 3-4 are doing their best and playing their roles. My point was earlier that he has had players he has gotten more out of them than anyone else could and when those players went to high school they never played, quit, or got cut because others from other schools moved in and took their place. you are right the only players that work on their game do have heart, but I have seen many players play AAU that dont have heart. AAU is for players to compete against the best, which I said earlier, but it is not to make the the team at os play as a team only for that one player to be seen and help them individually which can help the team indirectly but not win a state championship. So what is the goal?How do you accomplish it? Working 5-6 days a week 1-2 hours a day with a coach that teaches fundamentals and gets the best each practice and game out of their players. how many days a week does AAU teams practice? YOU DONT GET BETTER BY JUST PLAYING!!!!!!! Go ask high school coaches and see how many have had players develop bad habits playing AAU

By the way coach b. won a tnt state championship with laura hall(one very talented player who is playing division 1 now) but she did not win one in high school--interesting

Wizardofwood. If you only knew my friend. I have played AAU. Like Showtime said, you don't just go play. Have you ever been to AAU Nationals?? Probably not. Evidently you really love Sam Bilyeu. Don't see how. But you do. You also don't know anything about basketball. Don't start talking about middle school TNT tournaments and state tournament in highschool. Two totally different things. I am truly upset that Sam Bilyeu didn't get the job, as you can tell!!! HA! But we will just have to go on, as hard as it may be.

Do you really think AAU makes or breaks a player?It is great experience for a kid and yes I have been to AAU nationals as a scout with one of my former college coaches because they knew that they could see how good they were individually against other good players but one of their deciding factors in recruiting was how successful they made their high school teams. Other factors were how hard they worked in practice and what kind of peron they were. It never was how good their AAU team was. Have you ever played in a state tourney or coached in one?Do you know what it takes to get there?(it is not playing AAU)And what personal grudge do you have against bilyeu?Did he make your daughter mind and not let her shoot all the time?