Carter County Predictions (week 10)

#1 Hampton Bulldog Fan

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the 4 teams in Carter Co. did really well this year. I really would like to see the Bulldogs line up against the Cyclones right now because Hampton is a much better team now than when Johnson Co. beat them in the first game. Can anbody tell me why the most of the county teams don't play each other? I know Hampton plays Unaka, Cloudland, and Happy Valley. But I would like to see some other matchups. Hampton vs. Elizabethton, Cloudland vs. Happy Valley, and Happy Valley vs. Elizabethton. A couple of years ago these games were played except for the Elizabethton and Hampton game. I was wondering why they stopped.

I think the 4 teams in Carter Co. did really well this year. I really would like to see the Bulldogs line up against the Cyclones right now because Hampton is a much better team now than when Johnson Co. beat them in the first game. Can anbody tell me why the most of the county teams don't play each other? I know Hampton plays Unaka, Cloudland, and Happy Valley. But I would like to see some other matchups. Hampton vs. Elizabethton, Cloudland vs. Happy Valley, and Happy Valley vs. Elizabethton. A couple of years ago these games were played except for the Elizabethton and Hampton game. I was wondering why they stopped.

Don't you kinda think that all teams improve thru the season? Hampton isn't the only improved team around, although I think they have had a dandy season. The Longhorns have improved also. As far as playing each other, I don't think that will happen for years. I just don't see Betsy dropping Science Hill or Greeneville ever. Been there too long. The only other possiblity is when Dobyns Bennett's contract runs out. The rest of the games are conference games. Hampton might want to 'beef' their schedule up a bit because the conference is sooooo weak. There you have it.........take care!

King, you are such a disgrae to this website and to being a fan of Cloudland's. I have seen to many and talked to too many people that know who you are and everyone says the same, just a kid trying to relive what he never had. It's great that you enjoy football, but it is very sad in how you do it. I am just wondering if you will have as bad a time handling a loss as you do overreacting to a win. Cloudland has had great teams in the past, and has had a good season this year, but you have beaten no one that you shouldn't have. Cloudland has not been tested. Even lowly Cherokee beat you all and Cloudland struggled with Sullivan East. Your real test comes tonight, and tonight you will fail. But when everything is said and done and tomorrow morning comes, just know that Cloudland and Hampton could meet again. And beating Cloudland twice in one year will be all to glorious.

Hey Nemesis, I'm glad that you would take the time to ask people about me. I'm even glad that you would create a user name against me. It just proves that the King can bring it out of the fans. As for reliving what I never had, I will correct you in saying that when you go from a 5'4 100+ lb. freshman bookworm to starting left guard in only 4 years, then you've done something. I don't have to relive anything.

As for handling the loss, I'm doing very well. In fact, I respect Cloudland more and Hampton less. Cloudland basically whipped the dogs all over the field when they were healthy. Hampton just took advantage of key injuries and I give coach Lunsford credit. He's one smart cat. He took advantage of Horney and Turbyfield not being out there on defense. He ran that same dive play through the C-gap because he knew that freshman was the only one that fat 71 could block. And he knew that his QB could not throw the ball against a superior defensive backfield. With that being said, we shall meet again. The outcome will be very different. Playoff time is Cloudland time. Whooooooooo! :thumb:

Cloudland has alot of healing up to do, physically and mentally, they took a pounding both ways. When you play the whole season for 1 game and get beat, tough to get over. I hope they can recover. There is a good chance Hampton will still be there in the 3rd round, they could get a chance at redempion. Their road is quite a bit tougher after the loss,but anything can happen in highschool football. Good luck and play like you did last night. I'd like to see another one.

Hey Nemesis, I'm glad that you would take the time to ask people about me. I'm even glad that you would create a user name against me. It just proves that the King can bring it out of the fans. As for reliving what I never had, I will correct you in saying that when you go from a 5'4 100+ lb. freshman bookworm to starting left guard in only 4 years, then you've done something. I don't have to relive anything.

As for handling the loss, I'm doing very well. In fact, I respect Cloudland more and Hampton less. Cloudland basically whipped the dogs all over the field when they were healthy. Hampton just took advantage of key injuries and I give coach Lunsford credit. He's one smart cat. He took advantage of Horney and Turbyfield not being out there on defense. He ran that same dive play through the C-gap because he knew that freshman was the only one that fat 71 could block. And he knew that his QB could not throw the ball against a superior defensive backfield. With that being said, we shall meet again. The outcome will be very different. Playoff time is Cloudland time. Whooooooooo! :D

Good Job King, it only took you 4 years. As for the game, I am quite sure that look in the paper today was the same as it was Thursday night. You must have seen a different game than I did, because i think we started out running down your throat and ended running down your throat. The entire offensive line did a tremendous job against Cloudland defense, and after some adjustments, handled Cloudland's running game also. As for the injury's, it was sad to see so may get carried off, but I believe someone on here said Hampton was badly coached, not conditioned, "fat players". These same players were out there the entire game and to my recollection, no one was carried off or even laid on the field. I only hope that we meet you all again, because a whooping on your home turf will not be as good as a stompng at Hampton. Once again, congrats on the starting after 4 years, sure it is something you are proud of.

Cloudland has alot of healing up to do, physically and mentally, they took a pounding both ways. When you play the whole season for 1 game and get beat, tough to get over. I hope they can recover. There is a good chance Hampton will still be there in the 3rd round, they could get a chance at redempion. Their road is quite a bit tougher after the loss,but anything can happen in highschool football. Good luck and play like you did last night. I'd like to see another one.

I agree, but knowing those guys they DEFINITELY want a second chance at Hampton, so they'll be playing their butts off! Those guys can recover from pretty much anything and some key players will probably be back in the game Friday night. Good Luck Landers!!!! :D

As for handling the loss, I'm doing very well. In fact, I respect Cloudland more and Hampton less. Cloudland basically whipped the dogs all over the field when they were healthy. Hampton just took advantage of key injuries and I give coach Lunsford credit. He's one smart cat. He took advantage of Horney and Turbyfield not being out there on defense. He ran that same dive play through the C-gap because he knew that freshman was the only one that fat 71 could block. And he knew that his QB could not throw the ball against a superior defensive backfield. With that being said, we shall meet again. The outcome will be very different. Playoff time is Cloudland time. Whooooooooo! :D

Well that "fat#71" wooped up on those coudland boys pancakeing 77 and 61 countless of times

i do to hope that cloudland wins and gets to come to the Dog House cuase it will be alot worse than up at orr feild!!

u know what the funny thing was it seemed like thier was more Hampton fans up at orr feild,, when the D needed to get the crowd pumped ###### was loud as if they were at home