New Shirtale Rule?

bigAsports

Have any of you heard about the untucked shirt rule for this year? I have not been to a rules meeting yet but a fellow coach told me that at his meeting it was stressed that shirts untucked at (ALL) during a game could result in a "T". Actually untucked while on the floor period during the game or not. He said even after the game is over and your kids are walking off the floor and untuck their shirts the officials could have the teams come back out and shoot technical free throws. I am all about looking clean and neat, shirt tales should be in but give me a break. Is there any truth to this or am I hearing exagerations?

Have any of you heard about the untucked shirt rule for this year? I have not been to a rules meeting yet but a fellow coach told me that at his meeting it was stressed that shirts untucked at (ALL) during a game could result in a "T". Actually untucked while on the floor period during the game or not. He said even after the game is over and your kids are walking off the floor and untuck their shirts the officials could have the teams come back out and shoot technical free throws. I am all about looking clean and neat, shirt tales should be in but give me a break. Is there any truth to this or am I hearing exagerations?

I think it was removal of a shirt that would get a T.

i dont know of any refs. that hang around after a game. most run to the dressing room.

My kid's coach said that if a players shirt comes untucked during play, the referee will point it out during a dead ball (same as last year), and if a player is caught untucking his/her shirt during play it could be called as a "T", but what the new rule is ment to stop is a player after a negative play or call from showing their disaproval with untucking and "showing attitude". Most often witnessed after a fifth foul call while the player is walking to the bench. It's not such a bad rule. Now if there could just be a waistband bagging limit on shorts. :lol:

If you untuck it in a manner that would "show-up" an official it would be a technical foul. If the jersey is removed in the confines of the gym for any reason, it is also a technical foul. There is only a small window for judgement if the shirt is removed because an official tells a player it must be removed (blood on the uniform). In fact, the window is so small it should not be tried.

Give me a break? Untucking after the game is over is a technical? That is ludacris! I can understand the part about untucking to try and show up the refs, but as long you untuck it in an appropriate manner, then whats the big deal, those players get hot and its a relief to be able to get some of that clothing away from your body! But yes if a player untucks it just showing attitude, then "T" them up! :thumb: