White County Vs. Maryville

FBEmeritus

Here's my take on the game tonight:

Maryville is primed for another state run. They are in this position every year and are accustomed to it. Business as usual for the Rebs.

Ryan Tallent gets plenty of time to rest and heal up in preparation for the remainder of the playoffs.

The 3-5 defense of White Co gets exploited tonight as they learn that our offense is plenty smart enough to figure out who to block. That being the case, we find the holes and their DBs are forced to make a lot of tackles on Tank and Singleton after they've already gone ten yards. Our running game clicks tonight.

Tyler Maples will find the end zone at least twice. Probably two passes, but could just as easily be a special teams play. The establishment of our run game will open up the passing game.

On defense, well...what to say. The Rebels are just amazingly dominant on this side of the ball. I see White Co having some minimal success but not finding the endzone on their first couple of posessions. But, the D holds. We bring in fresh bodies. Their big boys get a little tired and we get a little wired. Their big RB finds out what a swarming shut down defense looks like. Their big WR finds that they can't get the ball to him.

Wake up call to all in the Rebels path: it's playoff time, it's Rebel time...we own the postseason.

Maryville 42

White Co 14

Papa, you asked for more clarification...this post is what I meant perfectly...

I am in agreement with the score...

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my take on the game tonight:

Maryville is primed for another state run. They are in this position every year and are accustomed to it. Business as usual for the Rebs.

Ryan Tallent gets plenty of time to rest and heal up in preparation for the remainder of the playoffs.

The 3-5 defense of White Co gets exploited tonight as they learn that our offense is plenty smart enough to figure out who to block. That being the case, we find the holes and their DBs are forced to make a lot of tackles on Tank and Singleton after they've already gone ten yards. Our running game clicks tonight.

Tyler Maples will find the end zone at least twice. Probably two passes, but could just as easily be a special teams play. The establishment of our run game will open up the passing game.

On defense, well...what to say. The Rebels are just amazingly dominant on this side of the ball. I see White Co having some minimal success but not finding the endzone on their first couple of posessions. But, the D holds. We bring in fresh bodies. Their big boys get a little tired and we get a little wired. Their big RB finds out what a swarming shut down defense looks like. Their big WR finds that they can't get the ball to him.

Wake up call to all in the Rebels path: it's playoff time, it's Rebel time...we own the postseason.

Maryville 42

White Co 14

Like most times, I agree with you, but Maryville's D is peaking as well. They are big on film which means they will be bigger in person, but speed kills in football.

Maryville's D will shut down White Co's running game and when the passing starts look for some Int's for run backs. Last week Maryville's D line got an Int and Fumble for a TD. Also a gang of lineman put LC QB in the end zone but that safety was ruled down at the 3 with progress. Maryville's "O" is still a concern at this point in the season and we are banged up some. We'll score enough to win the game by a safe margin with the starters resting by the fourth.

Nope, that's the score of the Cookeville vs. Cleveland game. ;)

Having fun sitting at home?

I'm not from Cleveland TN or anywhere else near Chattanooga- that's why I know a little bit about football. I can assure you that my team is alive and well and ready to do their part in sweeping all the Region 4 Powderpuff teams back to Chattanooga where they belong

Let me clarify something as well, many of us here in Maryville don't really care what you think of "Our" football program and you couldn’t take anything away from the Reb's with any of your silly posts, wishes, thoughts or dreams if your tried. You Cookeville fans should stick to Girls Golf as that is the only type of team championship you have had ever!

Let's see for Cookeville to get to the state game you'll have to go past DB, Oak Ridge, Ooltewah and/or most likely Riverdale. I don't think you'll beat Wilson Co. myself if you even make it past the first round.

Like I said stick to Girls golf and leave the football to real state powers, not teams who make the play-offs every 4-5 years in a weak region! Check the numbers in your region, your wins have come from a region that has a combined win-lose record of 19-31!

Maryville may not win another state title this year but, no question the Program is one of the best in the state.

IGNORANCE...

And I thought you were supposed to know football. :)

Obviously you just know about your own little world of Maryville.

That's Wilson CENTRAL not Wilson Co.(Who,by the way,would beat Maryville too)

By the way,Cookeville has made the playoffs 8 out of the past 10 years and it's not normally a real weak region.Every few years Lincoln Co. has a state championship caliber team.Franklin Co. is normally a good 5A squad also.

Keep your insults to yourself if you don't know what you are talking about. ;)

THE SQUAD

Edited by THE SQUAD

Maryville MUST be better than Riverdale as well, am I right?

Hmmmm, looks to me like Cookeville is very similar if not better than Riverdale, therefore your big egos would put Maryville on top of......the world?

Actually some polls have them higher than Riverdale.

Maryville could easly be a 5A program.

They would beat 95% of the 5A programs out there. Farragut is still ranked 9th in the state and beat Ooltewah.

The Rebs beat Central that beat Farragut. There are so many games to compare that would point out that Maryville would probably be in the top 5 in 5A.

In a few years when they bump them up to a higher division you may get to see what kind of program they have. They have won a State Championship in every Division they have played in.

Good luck to both programs.

best season ever?sparta warrior please dont make us look any worse,keep your dumb posts to yourself thank you!!!!!

:o

Name a season that's been better and I might change it.

Congrats, Maryville fans. It was more lopsided than it should have been (ARGH! MISTAKES!!!), but you pretty conclusively proved that you were the better team out there. Good luck the rest of the way. :o

At least we did better than Gatlinburg-Pittman. :o

Great win Rebels by beating a tough opponent, no cream puffs in 4A. Mistakes do kill drives but the way I saw it, Maryville’s Defense forced those errors. Maryville’s front four put allot of pressure on White Co's QB even though WC had a Man-Beast in the back field! The kid was fast and huge, but not enough for Maryville’s quick D. The offence made some plays but the running game was not full speed. The officials were so-so and let allot of dirty stuff after the play things occurred. Maples keeps getting better and the passing game was pretty good. Glad Maryville has gotten back to being militi dimensional and peaking as the play-offs have arrived.

I was bothered by how long GQ left the starters on the field on O and D, and we may have lost two LB's in the process. Good win but we got a little banged up and we have another physical game to play vs. Powell next week.

Really enjoyed Akins’ run and Bowman’s TD, that capped off a great night of HS football.

Also I would like to thank White Co. for participating in the TSSAA play-offs this year.