Spencer Gulmire

DCCATVOICE

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The best compliment I can give Spencer is that he is what high school football is all about. I have nothing but respect for the way he plays the game.

As Ole Dad says, U.T. probably don't know who Spencer or a Ryan Tallent are.

But after Saturday night and this season, I don't believe U.T.'s offensive coaches know too much either.

Edited by STARSNBARS

from a coaches stand point in the same region, he is by far the best high school running back I have ever seen in 12 years as a coach. He goes 100% every play. He has a passion and a desire that shows. It would not surprise me if he does get passed up by the big schools, but he can definitely play. He is going to make some college very proud he is part of their program. He seems to be a class act and leads by his example on the field. He is very deserving of the Mr. Football 5A award. Good luck in the playoffs and into your college career from Soddy Daisy.

I've watched OR football for 32 years, best I've ever seen! And we've had some darn good ones. Not the best from a pure athletic stand point, it's his toughness, heart, determination, etc, etc. . It's all the things that you can't measure. Plus such a team first guy, not to mention how humble and classy he is. The only thing Spencer is concerned with is the Gold Ball. Not that he is this good, but there are more running backs in the NFL under 5'-10" than over.

I'll just be glad when he moves on to college...can he go now... :thumb:

He's a great talent and certainly will be a top candidate for the Mr Football back. We have a pretty nice little running back as well but I'd have no argument if SG got the nod.

How are his stats this year?

He was banged up early wasn't he..sounds like he's fully recovered?

Is he playing tailback only or going both ways?

Good luck and hopefully we'll see you guys for Thanksgiving.

I've watched OR football for 32 years, best I've ever seen! And we've had some darn good ones. Not the best from a pure athletic stand point, it's his toughness, heart, determination, etc, etc. . It's all the things that you can't measure. Plus such a team first guy, not to mention how humble and classy he is. The only thing Spencer is concerned with is the Gold Ball. Not that he is this good, but there are more running backs in the NFL under 5'-10" than over.

And those shorter backs are generally in the 225-235 pound range. Spencer doesn't have the frame to get to that size.

Like i've said, he's a great high school running back, an outstanding kid, and he will do well for a college program somewhere.

I've watched OR football for 32 years, best I've ever seen!

That would be hard to argue, but I'd have to give Shawn Summers the nod myself.

I'd put Shawn as 1 and Spencer at 1A. I think both of these were similar type players, the only thing that separates them at this point is Shawn led his team to the state championship. I'm hoping Spencer can do the same for us this year.

I don't think he will have the size and speed big time programs will look at as far as being a RB, but I think he would be a great SS from some school.

He would be me vote for Mr. 5A football, but that's being biased because we get to see him every Friday.

I'll just be glad when he moves on to college...can he go now... :D

He's a great talent and certainly will be a top candidate for the Mr Football back. We have a pretty nice little running back as well but I'd have no argument if SG got the nod.

How are his stats this year?

He was banged up early wasn't he..sounds like he's fully recovered?

Is he playing tailback only or going both ways?

Good luck and hopefully we'll see you guys for Thanksgiving.

TDCman go to www.oakridgefootball.net and click on cumlative stats.

You heard it first from Ole Dad 24 hours before the news broke. The Great Pumpkin gave us a Halloween present.

Ole Dad

Heck, If Randy Sanders was to get ahold of him he could turn him into a negative gainer. That guy can take the most and turn it into the least of any coach I've ever seen. There are too many great offensive minds out there to keep that riding that dead horse. Heck he wasn't even a good player. The Great Pumpkin needs to bite the bullet and can Randy.

I would love to see Spencer go to Tennessee though and just pray that Sanders leaves. I understand that the old offensive coach (Cutcliff) moved back to Knoxville when he left Notre Dame over health issues. Heck, I know what he must be going through....watching Tennessee's offense made me sick too.

Ole Dad