William Blount At Sevier Co.

ddd5725

When was the last time WB won a state champi... wait they havent! When was the last time Meadows won one at Alcoa? Sevier Co won it and has contended in a region that usually has superior tallent across the the LOS every week. They also play a very tough non-conference schedule, and before anybody says anything I know that WB also plays a very tough non-conference schedule, but my point is when Sevier Co. wins it can attributed to the fact that they were prepared for everything a team could possibly throw at them. How many books has anyone on the WB coaching staff had published? Because Coach Ratledge has had I think 6 and is working on another. :lol:

A "very tough non-conference schedule"? WB - Halls - South Doyle - Seymour ... heck yeah, that's a virtual "who's who" of East Tennessee powerhouses.

Good thing about your "writing coach". He'll have something to keep him busy (book 7) after Friday night.

-Blount by 2 to 3 touchdowns.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A "very tough non-conference schedule"? WB - Halls - South Doyle - Seymour ... heck yeah, that's a virtual "who's who" of East Tennessee powerhouses.

Good thing about your "writing coach". He'll have something to keep him busy (book 7) after Friday night.

-Blount by 2 to 3 touchdowns.

Yeah very tough, I know that South Doyle stinks, but I guess they shouldnt have included the Govs as a part of that "who's who" list because they usually stink! :D As for Coach Ratledge he is without a doubt the best high school DC in the state! If WB can't find a way to throw the football, and I doubt they can this will be a blowout for the Smoky Bears, obviously Govman seems to think they have figured out their airial attack but this coach is not so sure, SC by 10! Go Bears, by the way, has WB beat SC in the last 15 years? B)

I don't care about the officiating. Will the clock work this time????? Or will we be guessing how much time is left the whole game. You would think Sev County would have checked the clock before the season started.

What a crackhead! Those clocks can work fine one minute and be out the next. Pepsi just gave my team a brand new one, and it's been out two games this season. Worked fine for lil league games and one hs game in between those two. I'd really find somethin better to whine about.

Mr. Chaos, (Can't bring myself to call you papa) As far as the Dolly comment, what can I say; pretty funny :rolleyes:

5473 You are not more involved in the WB program more than swingit is OK. He is right about region 1 being weak. Everybody seems to think South Doyle would have made the playoffs if they had still been in region 1.

Swingit change your name to slingit(lol) I'll see you tomorrow if not tonight(i may be a little diffrent when you see me).

What happened after your coach wrote that book on how to stop the wing t, they played Bradley and they put like 60 on yall so i would tll him to come up w/ another hobby.

I sure hope the clock works also this time.

WB 22

SC 21 GO GOVS!!!!

I don't care about the officiating. Will the clock work this time????? Or will we be guessing how much time is left the whole game. You would think Sev County would have checked the clock before the season started.

Agreed! It was very fustrating guessing the whole game, especially with a brand new scoreboard being used!

To make it up however (provided Coach Meadows agrees to allow there use) we will have in operation our endzone play clocks for your viewing pleasure this time. They are sweeeeet and no other local high schools have any that I am aware of. No more guessing about delay of game penalties :rolleyes:

The clock has worked the rest of the season. The new scoreboard clock is operated without wires. Apparently something caused interference with the signal for the game on week zero. If it happens again on friday perhaps it is the wireless headsets that WB uses. All I know is that it has worked for the other 4 home games (and yes SC uses wireless headphones as well).

As for South-Doyle competing in 1 5-A that is total BS. SC beat them by 40 just like everybody else that is a good team. Maybe they could have competed with CCHS but nobody else. Would have had a better chance in 2 5-A vs. McMinn, Heritage and Bradley who are on their level (ie. crappy teams) I saw the WB/Heritage game and Heritage despite the 4-6 record isn't much better than 2002-03. Gotta give them credit for scheduling Seymour and CCHS so at least they have a prayer of getting to 5-5. Perhaps South Doyle should have done the same in picking non-region games.

Use of the 25 second clock (it was used at SC/DB game) would remove any doubt if there were any true delay of game fouls.

well good, because there were quite a few rediculous delay calls first game, and for anyone who was at the game . . . it was crazy how when wb was up 14-6 in the 2nd quarter the refs said there was 2 minutes left in the hald. . . and then . . .two . . just two plays later . . . "William Blount you got 33 seconds left." ahhh remember it like it was yesterday. . . a dropped kickoff , two phantom clips on punt returns for touchdowns later, and an other mirage clip on an 88 yard interception return that would have put wb inside sc's 10 later, its 25-14 Sev. Co