William Blount At Sevier Co.

ddd5725

This should be a great game.

Can Sevier County prevent the big play and can W.B. play consistent on defense?

Simplistic but true observation.

WB raced all over the place the first of the game with their superior team speed until SC started containing them midway thru the 2nd quarter (our DE's continually lost containment early). If we can limit WB's big plays by neutralizing their speed with D line penetration then we stand a good chance of getting the win. However if the Govs can bust some plays returning kicks or via their rushing game we will lose. We have got to keep WB in third and long situations and force them into beating us with their passing attack.

One important note is since that first game SC has changed their offensive identity and is now more balanced with Watson running the veer mixed in with the occasional pass along with the emergence of Blake Wallace at TB. Wallace finally gives us a true threat from the TB position that we have lacked for most of the year (he has rushed for over 100 yards in each of the last two games that he has started, Jeff Co. & Bearden). That first game we were more reliant on Chaney's eradict arm and a pretty anemic rushing attack. Hopefully having a duel threat at QB now will keep WB from walking their LB's up to the line and also make their CB's play honest.

The one concern is despite the emergence of Wallace the offense has sputtered at times the final three games due to penalties and a lack of execution (specifically the passing game has been eradict). We will see if the open week gave them a chance to work out the kinks.

However, as has been the case all season, the catylist for this teams success has been the defense and ultimately they will determine how far we go.

SC - 20

WB - 14

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got a little message for SWINGIT

B*I*T*E* ME

I guess I do know a couple of things about WB & SC. Did I not say that the WB pass defense was not up to par. CHECK

Coaching can overcome a poor first half performance. CHECK

Walker & Osborne were not going to run wild. CHECK

WB always losses at SC in the playoffs. CHECK

I'm still waiting to see if WB Fans start complaining about the refs. (it was pretty much equally bad). They let plays run too long which got SC a 8 yard loss in the 3rd quarter and then cost WB a touchdown when Walker was stood up and stripped. Gotta love those Upper East crews.

It is just hilarious that SC converted 3 long 4th downs on the final drive. I bet Wb fans still wished they had the D coordinator that went to Alcoa after '03.

I really do hate for some people at WB that it came down to the last 13 seconds. As for Meadows couldn't have happened to a "nicer" guy. I guess now that Walker and Osborne are gone it is time to move on. I can't see 2006 being much fun of county farm road.

Hey Govman how are you feeling???

Yes WB figured out how to defend the deep ball... Congratulations... Unfortunately the Slant was open and is still open right now at 11:14 pm.

A 2 to 3 TD victory was bold but wrong.

It is going to be so funny to see what the excuses are this time.

Very MATURE responces outfielder and 5473. Hows the baseball and basketball teams looking... ready to get your eyes drilled.

As for the refs

1. Is there face guarding in highscool or not?

2. How can a team keep their regular defence in the game and have 12 guys on the field during the punt return... beats me.

3. Walkers fumble... why did the line judge come into mark him down and then forget to blow his whistle?

4.Y do you call a block in the back 30 yrds behind the play. what about when he grabed thew WB guys facemask i guess the refs missed that.

5. Who called timeout for Sevier Co on 4th and 11 when the playclock ran out... I'll tell you who did the refs did.

As for the reason why WB lost they couldnt stop the 4th downs and shot theirselves in the foot too many times. When we lost the first time i just thought it was a fluke and about 100 people told me that you cant beat sevier co at sevier co and its been that way for 40+ years. Now i believe them.

As for 5743 you we dont really miss the guys from 2003. Hes a great coach when he out mans people but what about when you dont outman people then you show how good you really are.

Great win for Sevier Co but ask Oak who they wanted to play theyll tell you Sevier co. Coach might not want to publish another book quite yet. After a undersized and really dinged up WB team got what they did on his Defence. WB injuriers( Back up QB, 4th sting Center, Osborne @60% tonight,2nd string Guard, 2nd and 3rd string wingbacks).

Outfielder do realize how bad your baseball team is goin to be, and how bad we are gonna beat you guys swingit will probably hit 4 homeruns alone on your team.

So go take your azz whooping next Fri. then get ready for some round ball(bet Feezel doesnt get Game winner in basketball

I just got a little message for SWINGIT

B*I*T*E* ME

I guess I do know a couple of things about WB & SC. Did I not say that the WB pass defense was not up to par. CHECK

Coaching can overcome a poor first half performance. CHECK

Walker & Osborne were not going to run wild. CHECK

WB always losses at SC in the playoffs. CHECK

I'm still waiting to see if WB Fans start complaining about the refs. (it was pretty much equally bad). They let plays run too long which got SC a 8 yard loss in the 3rd quarter and then cost WB a touchdown when Walker was stood up and stripped. Gotta love those Upper East crews.

It is just hilarious that SC converted 3 long 4th downs on the final drive. I bet Wb fans still wished they had the D coordinator that went to Alcoa after '03.

I really do hate for some people at WB that it came down to the last 13 seconds. As for Meadows couldn't have happened to a "nicer" guy. I guess now that Walker and Osborne are gone it is time to move on. I can't see 2006 being much fun of county farm road.

I completely agree with 5743 on this one. Now, Willie Blount Fans, do you see what happens when you talk smack all week, you go home with a loss..................AGAIN!! GO BEARS!!!

well good, because there were quite a few rediculous delay calls first game, and for anyone who was at the game . . . it was crazy how when wb was up 14-6 in the 2nd quarter the refs said there was 2 minutes left in the hald. . . and then . . .two . . just two plays later . . . "William Blount you got 33 seconds left." ahhh remember it like it was yesterday. . . a dropped kickoff , two phantom clips on punt returns for touchdowns later, and an other mirage clip on an 88 yard interception return that would have put wb inside sc's 10 later, its 25-14 Sev. Co

wb can not waste thier bresth about officiating. it got you a win over Ooltewah. now sugar up go home and we'll go play Farragut again.

Well there you have it. The Refs s*c*r*e*w*e*d WB again.

I did say that the Walker fumble could have been blown dead but it wasn't. The same crew did the SC/SH game in Johnson City and made the same exact call against SC.

AS for the Timeout Brewer called it from the sideline which is legal. Even if it had been called a delay it wouldn't have mattered because SC got enough yards to get the first down. Giving up 3 4th and longs inside of the last 2 minutes is just plain awful.

As for taking a beating at OR maybe so. But wouldn't the Govs be in for the same fate??? OR isn't invincible after self destructing vs. Ooltw. If the game was played on paper SC wouldn't even show up but they are not. At any rate after all the BS that was spewed over the last week I think people from Sevierville should enjoy this victory for a day or 2.

As Jim Rome says: I'm Out.

Edited by 5743