Alcoa vs. CAK

Tornadofan15

Ok, the game, because its time and many don’t get the point anyway.

I think CAK has a chance to beat Alcoa based upon some of these thoughts.

CAK was soundly defeated by Alcoa in week two 56-7 with Alcoa’s starters playing till the 4th qtr. One must remember this was the next game after Alcoa got soundly pounded by Maryville and the first 2A game of the season. I think they were trying to regroup and were looking to solidify their place in the pre season ratings and set a precedent in the region. CAK was able to move the ball some on Alcoa but shot themselves in the foot by throwing 3 interceptions, one for a TD and then fumbling another away. Alcoa did not fumble but did throw 2 Interceptions themselves. To beat Alcoa, CAK will have to play nearly mistake free. Alcoa during this game, was heavily penalized, 8 for 40 yards. Alcoa has improved in this area as most teams have as the season has progressed while CAK had one for 15 yards.

The key for CAK to be successful is to slow the run game by being physical and contain the long pass. If they can do this and frustrate Alcoa and give them some adversity they might get rattled because they have had little competition since the Maryville game. Alcoa’s passing yards average 22 yards per throw, showing me they go for the long ball more often. But there is no information I can get that shows how many yards Alcoa’s receivers get after the catch and with those athletes but I would say plenty in the open field. CAK’s QB Harp only averages 13 yards per throw with a completion average of 55% where Fieglar is about 67%. CAK will focus on the pass but will have to be able to run the ball as well to have a chance. CAK only averaged 77 yards per contest during the season, to win this game they will have to double that output IMO. CAK has done a good job of pass distribution using 6 different players where Alcoa tends to focus on Warren, Lanxter and Sommers primarily. Alcoa also effectively throws 2-3 passes to the RB out of the backfield to add to the defensive team’s trouble.

In closing I say Alcoa wins this game and tries to hang as many points on CAK as they can. For CAK to have a chance they will have to play mistake free, throw under the coverage, establish the run and be patient with small gains of yardage thereby controlling the clock and winning the time of possession stat, being physical and emoically know they can play with Alcoa. IF CAK’s players lay down, Alcoa will destroy them. IF CAK can keep Alcoa’s Offence off the field and tire most of them who play both ways they can add to any advantage they may have. Alcoa is hugely confident to a point they maybe overlooking CAK as they have demonstrated they have little respect for their opponents.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The loss of Rae Sykes will become more and more evident as Alcoa moves through the playoffs. It won't matter against CAK but it will next week against Loudon. Next year Alcoa's talent will be significantly less and the year after that they won't be scoring no 91 points in their wildest dreams. Karma is gonna be wicked for Reid in the near future.

From what I have been told the loss of Rae Sykes was a real stupid move as the team was going full speed in pads and a back up LB went in the pile full speed and broke Mr. Sykes arm. Rae Sykes is a great player and may be healed enough to go in the semi or state game. You know he wants too!

That's my rumor!

Well its good to see that at least the last page of this 7-page thread is about the CAK-Alcoa game. I am pulling for CAK in this one, and I expect the CAK seniors to put up a hard fight and play harder than they have played all season. If CAK can get their nerves under control about this game and realize that Alcoa is just as human as they are, then I say CAK takes this one by a few. Like someone else on this thread said, CAK will have to play mistake free. Go Warriors!

BLAME IT ON TSSAA!! G-P shouldn't have been there!

As for Friday Night ALCOA has gotten 30 points better than the last time these two have met. Be Careful CAK you might get 91 rung up in you.

But I'll say ALCOA by 55

Good Luck!

BTW, I booked rooms this evening in the Boro' @ the Hampton Inn on I-24 is going fast. you Blount Countian's better get to booking!

:justwrestle:

BLAME IT ON TSSAA!! G-P shouldn't have been there!

As for Friday Night ALCOA has gotten 30 points better than the last time these two have met. Be Careful CAK you might get 91 rung up in you.

But I'll say ALCOA by 55

Good Luck!

BTW, I booked rooms this evening in the Boro' @ the Hampton Inn on I-24 is going fast. you Blount Countian's better get to booking!

:thumb:

By 55? You are sick- CAK has gotten better too. Alcoa returned players in what, 21 out of 22 slots? A good deal of the CAK players were playing their first real high school football game when the two teams met earlier. Just look for this one to be closer than last time. And there will not be 91 points scored on CAK- they are no Gatlinburg-Pittman.