Gallatin (9-2) Vs Brentwood (10-1)

Gtowner

We get so much support from the Gallatin fans over here in Cookeville, that I have to send some back. Good luck to the Green wave this week. ;)

It is good to hear from a Cookeville fan. Good luck to you guys as well in your tilt with Wilson Central.

Edited by Gtowner

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raven - don't be so quick to assume Brentwood or Gallatin want a quarterfinal matchup with Franklin rather than Ravenwood.

Last two years Franklin Eliminated Brentwood, and 3 years ago Franklin knocked off Gallatin at Gallatin in the playoffs.

Both Ravenwood and Franklin bring a tough quarterfinal matchup for whoever survives the BHS GHS tilt, as do BHS and GHS to the winner of FHS RHS.

First of all i never said that they WANT franklin. Brentwood could probably care less but would want ravenwood more, same wit gallatin. All about revenge my friend

Gallatin is only concerned about Brentwood. Let the chips fall where they may but McCordy and that solid defense are the only things on our mind.

I was told today that Brentwood has some very tall recievers ala Wilson Central. Luckily unlike the Wilson Central game all of our db's are healthy. Will that matter....we will see. I too am anxious to see what Hardy will do against this style of offense. Walls was known for playing the nickle and more of a containment type system which he did against Jennings last year and Wolke from Smyrna. That made the lanes smaller but less pressure from the linebackers gave the qb more time. Hardy might employ more blitz packages since we have good speed at the linebackers. It will definitely be interesting.

The G-TOWN crowd will be loud this Fri. we have waited a long time for a game this big this late in the season its been awhile. As has this group of SRs. So needless to say its gonna be loud and crazy Fri. night i hope the group of fans with the horns are there. i have seen them practice this week and they seem to a confident team the defense looks quicker than i have seen them all year and healthier and the offense seems to be peaking at the right time. Forget everything that has happened in the past years and earlier this season and what might happen next week they are focused on BRENTWOOD. SO I PICK the wave 21 to 17 . c-ya at the PIT Fri nights menu BBQed bruins GO WAVE

I should probably pull for our fellow Will Co. team .... no

I just think that Gallatin's Defense will limit Brentwood and in particular McCurdy.

The other thing is that Brentwood the last few years has had too many mental mistakes in the playoffs. A ton of false start penalties and just too many things that end up shooting themselves in the foot.

Gallatin 24 Brentwood 12 (on 4 field goals)

Edited by BigDogDaddy

If this one ends up anything like the '01 playoff game then we have a great game to look forward to.

I don't expect either team to deviate from it's normal gameplan.

Gallatin will try to control the clock and keep its defense off the feild.

Brentwood will try to score some points and play solid defense.

While Gallatin definitely can win this game, they have a very small margin of error. They can't afford any turnovers and very few penalties.

Brentwood can probably survive a turnover or two and get away with it.

Due to the crowd and atmosphere at Gallatin, I give them the edge in this game. Over the past four years, Franklin's playoff game in Gallatin in 2002 was probably the most intimidating place they have played. I think Brentwood and the Bruin faithful are going to be in awe of that atmosphere.

In addition, there is the "light factor" in Gallatin. :thumb: Remember the night the lights went out in Gallatin? :) In that 2002 playoff game, Franklin went up by 21-0 early in the 2nd Quarter when the field lights suddenly went out. Lights could be seen in the areas all aroung the stadium, but the lights were out on the field. After approximately 30 minutes, the lights were back on and there was a total shift in game momentum. Franklin hung on to win 21-14.

Again, field advantage definitely gives an edge to the Green Wave! Would love to see the game. Will be a shock to Brentwood! :)

I hope Gallatin wins this game, but Brentwood, as someone aluded to earlier, may have more margin for error. I don't get to go to many games, but I got to see Wilson Central @ Gallatin and the Wave's pass D was exposed a bit in that game. Brentwood has some similarities to Wilson Central, so that is why I give them the edge. I hope I am wrong though. I have always respected the Gallatin program. Gallatin needs to have some long possessions that end in 7's.

Quack,

In the Wilson Central game Gallatin was without our two best cover guys. They collided head to head in the Glencliff game and took them both out. They are also two of our best receivers. All the previous posts are right though. Gallatin can not afford to make the mistakes that were made in the first half of the season. Brentwood's ability to move the ball quickly allows them more room for mistakes. The wave's passing game has looked sharp the last few games but that grind in out running philosophy kills us when you have to come from behind.