Livingston @ Catholic rd 3

Rocking Chair

Any Catholic fans out there? What's your take on this game?

Besides hoping caddy comes out on top!!!!

I think KCHS wins this game. They are focused and the win ove Fulton is way behind them. However both teams have done an incredible job to get to this point. Catholic has been here before in DII, having lost in the championship game in 2003 and making it to the semi-finals in 2002. Don't count on Catholic making 2 fumbles in the fourth quarter again like they did in the last game.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't count on Catholic making 2 fumbles in the fourth quarter again like they did in the last game.

I'll respond as a Catholic fan.

First, congratulations to both teams. Moving into this Region and advancing says a whole lot about the players and coaches at both schools and both should be very proud of their accomplishments this fall.

I was at LA v. Catholic, round 1 and I thought it was a great game. The teams were well matched and both played with intensity and intelligence. I truly felt that the Irish had the game well in hand before commiting the two uncharacteristic turnovers in the 4th quarter. LA, being a very fine team, capitalized on Catholic's mistakes and nearly took the game.

If both teams bring their "A" games---which I expect---and if both teams take care of the ball---which I also expect---I think Catholic should have the overall edge. I think Catholic's defense is generally stronger than LA's and Catholic's offense has more options than LA's. That said, I also need to add that LA's quarterback is very likely to be the best individual player on the field tomorrow night. He was outstanding in the first game and has had a tremendous fall.

If Catholic takes care of the ball, Catholic by 3.

I agree that both Catholic and LA have done very well in this new region. I pretty much expected Catholic to make the play-offs but was unsure if the Cats could.I saw Fulton last year in the Semi's against Smith Co. and they were a real talented team. I was so glad that Catholic beat Fulton b/c I think they are probably the best team in 3A IMO. And IF they hadn't lost their QB I believe they would have had a good chance for a 3 peat.

I just hope that our boys don't start off slow like the first game and let Catholic get out to a big lead b/c we may not be as fortunate to get those turnovers. If we play like we did the first half at Fulton and the AE game I think our kids can play with anybody. B/c as you all know the road to the gold ball has went through AE and Fulton the last few years and beating those 2 programs speaks well of both LA and Catholic.

Good Luck to your team and which ever team wins I hope can take it all the way to the BORO. :huh:

I won't count on it if you don't count on LA letting Catholic jump out to a big lead. Wonder how Catholic would respond if LA jumps out on them ? Could they make a comeback like the Cats did ??

They came back against Fulton twice last week, the last - scoring the winning touchdown with about 40 seconds left. Neither team got here not being able to face adversity.

If both teams bring their "A" games---which I expect---and if both teams take care of the ball---which I also expect---I think Catholic should have the overall edge. I think Catholic's defense is generally stronger than LA's and Catholic's offense has more options than LA's. That said, I also need to add that LA's quarterback is very likely to be the best individual player on the field tomorrow night.

Your not the first one that has made those statements.

Our Defense has been our Achilles Heel all year. We haven't made the stops that it takes to win the big games. But these last 2 games the defense has given the team a chance to win. All I'm asking for is our defense to give Cates and Co. a chance and I like our chances to win.

I agree Catholic has alot more weapons than we do. Our coaches have pretty much stayed with a scheme that best utilizes our talent. So far it has worked pretty well. Our offense is smashmouth pretty much like Catholic's and other teams out of this region.

As for our QB yes he is an excellent talent. He plays every aspect of the game as well as anybody I've seen at this level. I hope he can end his career on a good note. Jamie Vaughn is another Wildcat that has been one of the mainstays in our teams sucess. He needs to continue playing the way he has defensively b/c it will take our best effort to stop the green machine of Catholic.

#22 Smith will be also be one of the best players on the field. He is one of the best 2 way performers in the state. This game will feature some of the best players anywhere.

I won't count on it if you don't count on LA letting Catholic jump out to a big lead. Wonder how Catholic would respond if LA jumps out on them ? Could they make a comeback like the Cats did ??

I thought the key play in the first LA-KC game was fifth play of the game! LA had KC stopped with a fourth and 6 or 7 yards to go around the KC 30 or 35. KC ran a fake punt and got the first down and eventually scored on the drive. Extremely bold move by KC staff. Game could have been much different if they had punted or not got first down. But that's in the past! I don't think KC can contain LA's running game like they did in first game. Cates and Cats are on a roll!! GO BIG BLUE!!

I thought the key play in the first LA-KC game was fifth play of the game! LA had KC stopped with a fourth and 6 or 7 yards to go around the KC 30 or 35. KC ran a fake punt and got the first down and eventually scored on the drive. Extremely bold move by KC staff. Game could have been much different if they had punted or not got first down. But that's in the past! I don't think KC can contain LA's running game like they did in first game. Cates and Cats are on a roll!! GO BIG BLUE!!

That was definitely a crucial play so early in the game. Another one was when Catholic took it down before the half and got the big fg a 40 something yarder to make it 17 to 7. That ended up being the difference in the game.

You can bet catholic's coaching staff will have the Irish prepared for LA. Coach Pemberton and staff are one of the best in these parts. I'm sure one of their main objectives will be to try and stop Cates. I agree with OldCatFan our offense has come a long way since their last meeting.

Coach E and staff deserve a little credit as well they have the Cats playing their best ball where it counts the most in the play-offs. Good luck Wildcats leave it all on the field and whatever the out come you gave your all.

Game Day

Good Luck LA. Have a safe trip and bring back a big win. For the fans wish you a safe trip as well.

I hope this game is as good as the first time these 2 met. It was one of the most exiciting games I have ever watched. Both teams played a good clean and smashmouth game. Hopefully this one will be just as good. The only difference is that I hope Hog-Eye comes out on top.