Livingston @ Catholic rd 3

Rocking Chair

To the players on this thread I have this to say. Fans come and go, that is the reality of it. True fans are always there for you and should be loved and appreciated. There are those, however, that will leave when the going gets tough. I am not refering to those with other plans, money issues, etc., because in the course of a season life happens. Those fans that stop supporting during hard times should just be let go. Fans on Friday night in the stands can sometimes turn a game, but the brotherhood of sweat and blood and hard work is the important thing. That being said, dt76, let it go and concentrate on the task at hand, not what people say on this board. You guys post your message on the field. :blink:

And for those that may think that I am a johnny come lately, while I am new to coach t, I am a long time supporter of the program and for many years deeply involved in Overton Co. football. And yes, I did play, and yes I have coached most of the upperclassmen when they were younger.

H-O-G, E-Y-E

Hogeye, Hogeye

T-N-T :thumb:

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Rocking Chair @ Nov 15 2005 - 05:48 AM)

Any Catholic fans out there? What's your take on this game?

Besides hoping caddy comes out on top!!!!

Being a Catholic fan I am going to pick them to win and I know everyone for LA is going to do the same, but my reasons for taking Catholic are that they are hitting on all cylinders and the coaches are going overboard on preparation. They're not the kind of team to take anyone lightly especially 3rd round of the playoffs. From what I saw last time they played Livingston looked way too one dimensional but so did Catholic and I don't know how Livingston is playing now but it sounds like they are keeping with the same type of scheme. I believe Catholic will have to make mistakes like last time for Livingston to have a chance (two fumbles on two plays late in the fourth quarter). As far as the tight end #81 over the middle they won't be running that play that was put in for Fulton because that is the only pass of the season they have thrown to a tight end (in fact i think that was the first route they've run with him. But I'm looking forward to seeing the game this friday, #8 for livingston can definately play. Best qb in the region in my opinion.

I really don't know what brought all this.... fan or not... talk all about but it's not the place for it. The LA Wildcats are playing for a chance to host one of the Semi Final games if they can get past a real good Catholic team.

I hope for the teams sake that we don't have players on here talking trash. Their main focus should be like blue74 said. MAKE A STATEMENT ON THE FIELD. Let us old has been's like me talk the trash. KEEP YOUR FOCUS ON THE GAME. I'd bet none of the coaches know this or it would be somebody's....!

QUOTE(Rocking Chair @ Nov 15 2005 - 05:48 AM)

Any Catholic fans out there? What's your take on this game?

Besides hoping caddy comes out on top!!!!

Being a Catholic fan I am going to pick them to win and I know everyone for LA is going to do the same, but my reasons for taking Catholic are that they are hitting on all cylinders and the coaches are going overboard on preparation. They're not the kind of team to take anyone lightly especially 3rd round of the playoffs. From what I saw last time they played Livingston looked way too one dimensional but so did Catholic and I don't know how Livingston is playing now but it sounds like they are keeping with the same type of scheme. I believe Catholic will have to make mistakes like last time for Livingston to have a chance (two fumbles on two plays late in the fourth quarter). As far as the tight end #81 over the middle they won't be running that play that was put in for Fulton because that is the only pass of the season they have thrown to a tight end (in fact i think that was the first route they've run with him. But I'm looking forward to seeing the game this friday, #8 for livingston can definately play. Best qb in the region in my opinion.

I understand POINTMAN22 about what your saying. I going to pick LA because they are hitting on all cylinders as well. Especially on the defensive side of the ball. And I saw the first game and yes LA was pretty fortunate to get those turnovers but that's part of the game. And the team that don't have any will more than likely advance.

Just think if LA hadn't come into the game a little intimidated and somewhat scared and got behind. We would have IMO won the game.Catholic just let us hang around and our guys finally realized that they could play with them. That game pretty much has been the fuel that has sparked this team the rest of the season.

As for being 1 dimensional yes we probably are but the Cats don't hide that fact. They simply line up and say to beat us you will have to stop our run game. And that has been a big chore for most teams.

Cates is a great athlete and if you saw the first game you know what I mean. But this team has found some more weapons besides him. This IMO makes him even more dangerous.. ie Austin East game is a prime example.

Believe me we all know about Harrison Smith from the last game. He is one of the best 2 way players that I've seen in a long time.I know he's not all you have. Catholic has the best of pretty much everything.I for one am really exicited about the game and what it means for our team,coaches,school and community.

Hopefully we can keep the ball rolling our way. B/c nobody gave LA much of a chance to make the play-offs much less get to the third round. A win against Catholic will just make it even sweeter.

Oh I hear you I wasn't trying to say turnovers aren't a part of the game and mistakes don't happen but those were Harrison's first two fumbles of the year and he only had two more all year both against Scott. Catholic is just so disciplined that they normally don't make mistakes like that, but yes Livingston had a big part in causing those turnovers as well. But as I see it if Livingston just runs the same sort of formations as last time Harrison will probably be moved to outside linebacker instead of cornerback giving Catholic a lot more size and speed inside to defense the option. If you didn't get to see any highlights of the Catholic-Fulton game one of the biggest plays of the game was when Fulton had the ball at midfield 3rd and 2 and tried to run a quick pitch to Rogan who was on his back as soon as he touched the ball. I know what you mean about no one thinking LA could get this far because at the beginning of the year I didn't even think Catholic would do as well as they are doing.

Oh I hear you I wasn't trying to say turnovers aren't a part of the game and mistakes don't happen but those were Harrison's first two fumbles of the year and he only had two more all year both against Scott. Catholic is just so disciplined that they normally don't make mistakes like that, but yes Livingston had a big part in causing those turnovers as well. But as I see it if Livingston just runs the same sort of formations as last time Harrison will probably be moved to outside linebacker instead of cornerback giving Catholic a lot more size and speed inside to defense the option. If you didn't get to see any highlights of the Catholic-Fulton game one of the biggest plays of the game was when Fulton had the ball at midfield 3rd and 2 and tried to run a quick pitch to Rogan who was on his back as soon as he touched the ball. I know what you mean about no one thinking LA could get this far because at the beginning of the year I didn't even think Catholic would do as well as they are doing.

Hey we all know how good Catholic is and we are not in any way saying that it will be easy to win but we have been on a roll as of late. And our kids believe and if they play like I know they can it will be as good of a game as you will see anywhere. Good Luck to your team and I hope that no player gets hurt.

I think this will be a really good game but I just think LA is gonna win. I just don't think they can stop cates, he has probably played the best of his career in the last 2 games and I don't see that changing in this one. I haven't seen anybody shut him down all year, he is a hard guy to tackle in the open field because he is so fast and also quick. Not to mention how good Vaughn, Jones, and Reeder are playing on both sides of the ball. If LA can mix it up with the pass a little I think that could make a big difference in this one. I am gonna say LA 28 KC 21