Memphis Melrose @ Jackson Central-Merry

VolunteerGeneral

JCM dominated East last night. Gives me hope for Melrose game, but will be a tough game. Should be a great game. I was surprised how easily JCM handled East--really dominated the game offensively and defensively.

I was surprised @ the margin of victory, and JCM holding East to a mere 6 pts. I felt both teams would get its fair share of pts.

I hated to see East lose, though. I kinda' wanted to see a Melrose/East rematch....

Anyway, I stated several posts ago that East was, in a sense, overrated--mainly because its defense was too porous. Sure, they ran up a lot of pts and posted 5 shutouts. All that came against a bunch of cupcakes--weak teams. Nevertheless, that streak had some people suggesting that East was the best in West Tennessee! I knew better. Heck, my thought all along was that they were not even the best in Memphis, let alone West TN.....JCM proved me right.

Now, I look forward to the JCM vs Melrose matchup. I expect it to be another great game, similar to their matchup last year.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway, I stated several posts ago that East was, in a sense, overrated--mainly because its defense was too porous. Sure, they ran up a lot of pts and posted 5 shutouts. All that came against a bunch of cupcakes--weak teams. Nevertheless, that streak had some people suggesting that East was the best in West Tennessee! I knew better. Heck, my thought all along was that they were not even the best in Memphis, let alone West TN.....JCM proved me right.

Well I saw in consecutive weeks # 8 #9 and #10 Melrose beat RE 26-7, JCM beat RE 26-0 and then East comes in and beats them 70-0. That really caught my eye. They put up 3 times as many points on RE than either Melrose or JCM and this was at the end of the season and should have given a good comparison of the teams. I will say though that I believe JCM finally stepped it up a notch last night. The sky is the limit for them if they play smart.

Well I saw in consecutive weeks # 8 #9 and #10 Melrose beat RE 26-7, JCM beat RE 26-0 and then East comes in and beats them 70-0. That really caught my eye. They put up 3 times as many points on RE than either Melrose or JCM and this was at the end of the season and should have given a good comparison of the teams. I will say though that I believe JCM finally stepped it up a notch last night. The sky is the limit for them if they play smart.

VG,

Congratulations on a big JCM win over East. It looks like your team is for real, again.

This JCM vs Melrose matchup will likely be a barnburner! As for playing smart--the same thing applies to Melrose, as they definitely rack up more than their share of silly penalties. So, I would not be surprised...the JCM/Melrose game just might set a record for most combined penalties in one game. No kidding.

As for the East high school "best in west..." comparison thing-- You know, VG, I was not going to call any names. :thumb:

Good luck to both teams, Friday nite.

I want to thank the Hardin County fans that showed up at the Rock last night. It was very nice to see fellow region foes at the game. I have no doubt if Milligan would have been able to go against East that they would have been sitting on the visitor`s side last night instead of the JCM side. There`s no doubt in my mind that region 7 was a bit better overall than region 8 this year. Hopefully JCM will show that next Friday.

I want to thank the Hardin County fans that showed up at the Rock last night. It was very nice to see fellow region foes at the game. I have no doubt if Milligan would have been able to go against East that they would have been sitting on the visitor`s side last night instead of the JCM side. There`s no doubt in my mind that region 7 was a bit better overall than region 8 this year. Hopefully JCM will show that next Friday.

Your welcome VG...We sure wish we could have been playing yall again. We will be bringing many fans to support yall next friday night. Should be a great game and we will be cheering for yall all the way.

Your welcome VG...We sure wish we could have been playing yall again. We will be bringing many fans to support yall next friday night. Should be a great game and we will be cheering for yall all the way.

Thanks...I know the JCM players and fans sure would appreciate all the region 7 support they can get. Melrose fans will be out in force. Get there early if you can. Last time we played Melrose there were very long lines at all 4 ticket lines.

I have to go with JCM on this one. The Cougars are playing with unity now. I too believe that 3rd times a charm. This team wants it bad and I feel that they're going to get it!

Thanks goes out to Hardin County fans for coming to the game and look forward to seeing all of you again! I hope that Henry County will come and show us some support also.