Memphis Melrose @ Jackson Central-Merry

VolunteerGeneral

Judging by the history of these two, it should be an awesome game.

I have not seen JCM play this year, but from the likes of it they seem to have come together pretty well over the last few weeks, which is exactly what you want to see if you are a JCM fan.

Being from the Memphis area I know what kind of team Melrose has. And much like JCM (by the sound of it) it seems like Melrose has really come together as well. After finding a solid qb in Wilson, Melrose really started to put up the numbers everyone had been expecting they would from the get go. It used to be, shut down the running attack and Melrose is helpless, now they can open the field up and use their athletic wr's to more of an advantage.

All in all I think this should be an awesome game, but I have to root for the Memphis boys to get the job done. Good luck to both!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ticket lines will be extremely heavy. Tickets will be going on sell Wednesday at JCM. Still $7.00, but it will keep you from having to stand in line forever.

Come out and support the Cougars! These boys have been working hard and have proven that they are a team to be wreckoned with. They have represented Region 7 and Madison County well!

This is the year of the Cougar!!!

I rarely stick my nose in 4A football, but I saw Melrose play in the state championship last year in the Boro and was very impressed with their defense. I have never seen JCM play, but have reasons to root for them to win. Go JCM :D

Is Coach Collins still at Riverdale? Is that your rooting interest?

VG, thanks for keeping in touch. I wish you guys, and especially your boy, good luck against Melrose. Its been a lonely week not having a game to look forward to (for Henry County that is). But JCM is still alive and I think that you guys can beat them. I was a bit surprised that JCM could hold East to such low output. That tells me alot and also tells me that you can keep Melrose in check. HC made a great goal line stand in the second half. Our offense wasn't clicking very well. JCM appears to be clicking much better and more consistently now.

I wish that I could make it down to the game Friday, but have other commitments. I know there are some folks from Henry County coming though. I am confident that you will represent Region 7 very well. Go get 'em Cougers!!! :rolleyes:

What can the HC fans tell us about what to expect from Melrose on Friday night. Any insight would be great.

Just got back to work from being up at the school. Boys were at there going at it. I spoke with Bryson Lewis for a bit. He got clearance from the doctors but the coaches had just told him "not this Friday." He was pretty bummed. He really wants back out there. I asked him about his strength and endurance levels and he said it wasn't 100%. Told him to be patient and to be out there pushing his teammates so that he'll have a chance next week.

Yanker, where are you???? What's your take on this Friday? We need your "Five Star" opinion!

Bryson would definately help out, he seemed to be WIDE open at least once or twice in every game. However, the receivers have really played well the last couple of weeks, especially umber 18 Josh Young and number 23 Wayne Boykins. Another big, sure handed target that the Cougars have is Jeremy Akins. I think they need to use him much more than they do. He has very good hands and is a tough guy to bring down. G0 COUGARS!

Bryson would definately help out, he seemed to be WIDE open at least once or twice in every game. However, the receivers have really played well the last couple of weeks, especially umber 18 Josh Young and number 23 Wayne Boykins. Another big, sure handed target that the Cougars have is Jeremy Akins. I think they need to use him much more than they do. He has very good hands and is a tough guy to bring down. G0 COUGARS!

Good point. That`s one thing that to me has really improved as the season went on is the passing game and our receivers. They seem to have been getting better each week at getting open and makiing the catch. And don`t forget Jay Perkins. He has been solid all year long. Jay has great hands, but he`s also out there throwing those downfield blocks. Ricky doesn`t do it all on his own ya know. <_<

Hey all you Henry/Hardin County fans thanks for all your support. We`d love to have any of ya`ll come down (or up) and see how this one turns out. I really mean that. I have no clue who`ll win, but I know it will be a game worth seeing.

And we need ya to stay on here until this plays through. Cause let me tell ya..if we beat Melrose, next week, there will be all sorts of Middle Tennessee folks talking JCM down. Not only that they will be dissing West TN football in general. So please don`t log out now. <_<

Hey all you Henry/Hardin County fans thanks for all your support. We`d love to have any of ya`ll come down (or up) and see how this one turns out. I really mean that. I have no clue who`ll win, but I know it will be a game worth seeing.

And we need ya to stay on here until this plays through. Cause let me tell ya..if we beat Melrose, next week, there will be all sorts of Middle Tennessee folks talking JCM down. Not only that they will be dissing West TN football in general. So please don`t log out now. <_<

No worries VG. I will be staying on and checking out the thread. Since there isn't a new Henry County thread for Yanker, the prophet, RedPride and others to fret over, this one will now become the most interesting one on CoachT! I know I will comment every now and then. The Yanker probably will too. And I won't let those peskie Murval fans keep putting West TN football down. Providing JCM wins (which I am predicting now), I am hoping for a game against Whites Creek. I had a little run in with them many moons ago. So get fired up JCM and take out Melrose!!!

Good point. That`s one thing that to me has really improved as the season went on is the passing game and our receivers. They seem to have been getting better each week at getting open and makiing the catch. And don`t forget Jay Perkins. He has been solid all year long. Jay has great hands, but he`s also out there throwing those downfield blocks. Ricky doesn`t do it all on his own ya know. :lol:

This is very true, Jay is a solid wide receiver. He is a little undersized but has very good hands. I would have really liked too seen more balls thrown his way throughtout the season but that didn't happen. But when his number was called it seems like he would catch the ball 9 out of 10 times. Also I would really like to see the Cougars use big Akins(#89) more often. He is a big target.