JCS Eagles (11-1) @ Union City Tornadoes (9-3)

There is only one big difference in this game; offense. Both teams have a very athletic and good defenses. They both gave up alot of yards to Hayes and Mckenzie, but who doesn't. JCS didn't give up hardly any points to them though and UC held them enough to win the game. Both teams also have a very solid kicking game as well, although I think UC's may be a little bit better. However, on offense they're much different. JCS is very balanced, mixing the run and the pass well. UC has balance as well, running it to the left side or the right side, and who to run it with. I think JCS will win this one by a fairly close margin because their offense is a little bit harder to stop. However, if JCS makes some mistakes, i.e. penalties or turnovers, this game will be up for grabs.

very good analizition there bushman

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D should be good game with athletes on both sides of the field.. Good luck to the squads on what should be an excellent.. Keep turnovers to a minimum and win the kicking game and things may go your way :D

BTW , if you are at the game or can't make it out, you can check out the broadcast beginning at 6:00 on 104.9 FM .. Kickoff is set for 7:00.. :D

Another side note to your post....

To the idea Union City doesn't have any concept of what football is...

Just in recent history...Union City has 3 LOSING seasons since 1982..2 in the last three years..Union City has played in the playoffs,oh once or twice in those years..Union City has had undefeated regular seasons,Union City has played in TWO state championship games and multiple semi-final games..The Tornado program has played some of the most storied and tradition rich programs in the entire state..Have the last TWO seasons been fun??Of course not..People have very short,what have you done for me lately memories....I'm wondering when the last time JCS played for a state championship in football..Any??..I don't think so..Has the sports program at JCS ever played for a state championship??..In anything???..Because Union City has competed in state championship contests in football,basketball,baseball and oh yea tennis and track..Don't be so naive to post something as DUMB as Union City doesn't have any concept or understanding what football is...

Back to the game..Some of the reasons JCS is going to beat Union City....They beat Jax South Side and played DCA close...OK, granted the Eagles did defeat a solid 3A team in the South Side Hawks and UC didn't beat a higher classified team...Truth is, Westview and Milan are BOTH better than South Side...For the record,I don't think JCS would have beaten those two either..And DCA turned out to be a mediocre to decent 2A team that lost in the first round to Camden...JCS held Hayes in check..Well,he did pass for 290 yards...The team as a whole threw for 310 or so yards...I imagine had Hayes thrown 72 TIMES and completed 46 against JCS he would have probably thrown for the yardage he did against UC...UC by the way RUSHED for over 500 yards against McKenzie..Why throw the ball???JCS is 11-1 and UC is 9-3..UC hasn't been ranked in the state in 1A..JCS has been ranked all year...So what??..UC is 9-0 vs 1A competition..Last I checked Union City is playing in the 1A playoffs....

The keys to the game are going to be..can JCS match up athlete wise with UC...The only team JCS can say they have played with the type of athlete UC has is Jax SS...They did well vs them..They will have to have the same type effort..They(JCS)will have to stop the UC run game..For the 6-0 score vs FA,UC did rush for over 200 yards and Nate Coleman did rush for over 100 yards...The kicking game is going to huge...Field position is going to be a key...Both these teams seem to be solid in those areas of the game...Union City will have to be able to control the Eagle passing game...Not many people did stop Drew Hayes...One BIG area I haven't seen mentioned is coaching...In my mind the jury is still out on Fishel..Will he crumble under the pressure...Will he keep the Tornadoes on an even keel this week or will he do things he hasn't done in the last 12 weeks due to the pressure of the game..Can he and his staff find that one or two weak spots in JCS's game that he can exploit..Every team has them,JCS included...As for crowd support,this is nothing new and really shouldn't shock anyone...Would the players and coaching staff like to look up in the crowd and see a jam-packed stadium??..Sure,but if you are good enough it shouldn't matter where you play or how many you play in front of...All that said,I think..Just a gut feeling,that Union City will win this game..It will be close, but I do think it will be Union City...

JCS has been to the state championship game in baseball 2 or 3 times. I am very aware of uc rich sports tradition Keep in mind that jsc has not been around that long. we are starting to build our own tradition. GO EAGLES!

Sure would be sad Friday night if a 1A school beats a school that used to be 3A...... Maybe UC has played for more state championships but that doesn't change the fact that JCS is going to be playing in one on December 2. I believe this is the year for JCS football. UC's running game may be good, but they shouldn't expect to be able to get through Doyle, Ragan, and Mangrum. Whatever UC can do, JCS can do better. Hopefully this game will actually be worth the seven bucks. I think UC will be a little tougher than McKensie was, but still not really a problem for the eagles.

This is a very ignorant statement. Union City has not played 3a ball since the early 90's. But the steady decline in enrollment has forced UC to drop classifications over the years. And with the enrollment as low as it is, UC should be in the 1a classification. Say you do make it to the 'boro and you play Trousdale County, they were 3a LAST YEAR. How much complaining would you do then? The truth will come out Friday night to just how good these teams actually are. As for right now, the teams are very evenly matched. Its a tough call, but UC by 14. :D

I-don't-nv-you,

Posts like yours is why folks on here don't like Union City as a whole. You give them a bad name. JCS is for real. We have played both and you are in for a wakeup call Friday night. I don't understand why VolunteerGeneral let that post get by but, you will "see the light Friday night".

I quess... we will see the lights... the lights on the field and we will continue to see those lights all the way to the Boro'. Too bad your team don't see the lights anymore.. Yall just got the lights knocked out of you last week so i would just be quiet if I was you.

Gah, here we go again. Last week, I had intended on driving up to Jackson and watching JCS and McKenzie go at it because I knew it was gonna be an exciting game. After reading all those UC ignorant posts talking about how FA didn't belong on the field with them, I had to go up to UC just to see what they were about. I will say, I was impressed by Union City's speed on both sides of the ball, but by no means were they on another level than Fayette; as the score indicated. I didn't want to bring this up, but all this UC is better than all 1A teams has given me no choice. UC is lucky that we are even talking about this game right now. On the last play of that UC/FA game the Vikings ran a reverse to the tight end who then threw it downfield, but the pass was incomplete. On the opposite sideline away from the ball was the QB, Feathers, running wide open (nobody on that side of the field with him). Apparently the rest of the UC fans didn't see that because if that kid would have turned his head back across the field we would be talking about a JCS/FA rematch. I have been trying to be polite and respectful and give UC some credit because I do believe that they are a very good football team. Also, because I am concerned that not having Sheffield will hurt the Eagles at some point. However, its time for me to make my prediction and I hope that my disgust with the UC fans ignorance doesn't have an effect on it, but it probably does. JCS by 14. Your right u-nv-me. Volunteer General deleting ur post won't stop uc from stomping a "mood"(did u mean mud) hole in JCS's backside. I promise you JCS will have something to say about that though.

There is only one big difference in this game; offense. Both teams have a very athletic and good defenses. They both gave up alot of yards to Hayes and Mckenzie, but who doesn't. JCS didn't give up hardly any points to them though and UC held them enough to win the game. Both teams also have a very solid kicking game as well, although I think UC's may be a little bit better. However, on offense they're much different. JCS is very balanced, mixing the run and the pass well. UC has balance as well, running it to the left side or the right side, and who to run it with. I think JCS will win this one by a fairly close margin because their offense is a little bit harder to stop. However, if JCS makes some mistakes, i.e. penalties or turnovers, this game will be up for grabs.

Very interesting observations on the game. .... The more I look at this game, the more I believe it will come down to the intangibles of coaching, mistakes, discipline, execution, desire, etc.

Should be a great one at War Memorial.

By the way, all UC fans should make it to the pep rally tonight! :)

Just a little food for thought, it was 41 to 0 before McKenize scored on JCS>

GO EAGLES!