JCS Eagles (11-1) @ Union City Tornadoes (9-3)

Maybe the people from JCS have more than a life than posting on coacht. And about the game. The eagles came out sluggish and didn't decide to play until the 3rd quarter, where I'm sure they gave the "golden tornados" a scare when they cut it to 14-20. However, it should have only been 0-6 going in to the half, since UC had a very obvious false start and clipping penalties that wern't called on the 2nd TD run. No doubt, UC had a good game and came out ready to play. But, they shouldn't even be in 1A. For the size of their town to only have one highschool is beyond belief. From the looks of it, UC is a little more than half the size of Jackson and Jackson has 3 private schools and 5 public schools. Maybe if we took JCS, USJ, and NHS and put them together JCS could be the size of UC? (But JCS still probably wouldn't be lucky enough to have a hurricane victim land on their campus). And for the "OVERATED" cheer at the end of the game, JCS isn't overated for 1A, but maybe for 2A, where UC should be. Nevertheless, it's been very fun and excited watching the eagles play this year, especially the defense. Hats off to the eagles on a hard working summer and good season. Watching you play will be misssed.

JCS should be thankful they survived the multiplier and stayed in 1A.

Great game UC. You can win the gold ball in 1A this year.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew when Union City would win we would hear why UC shouldn't be in 1A...I am so tired of hearing that....

But congrats to JCS on one heck of a season, and making it to the Quarters...Also a big Congrats to UC to making it back to the Semi's, and hopefully making it to the 'Boro......

yeah it funny one day they say they can beat u easily then the next u need to be in 2a i even heard someone say that jcs would have been the second place team in 7-2a lol what a joke

i listened to game the game on the radio and it sounds to me like JCS had there most sluggish game this season and UC had the best game of thier season i have also heard JCS recieved many bad spots and the refs missed a big false start and clip on UC second TD and some others

Edited by The football feel

You'll have to excuse the JCS fans...some have a hard time dealing with defeat. I watched them bemoan the lack of calls in the boys sectional game with Peabody earlier this year. A game which the Eagles lost.

I do have to ask - who is the victim of a disaster? I guess I missed that.

I was on the sideline and watched each play...each team gets away with penalties during a game. You see or think you see the ones that affect your team's misfortune. As for the bad ball placements - both teams received poor spots during the game.

The sad part is that people get online and start making excuses for losing. I don't think JCS started sluggish, UC just started out better and ended up that way as well.

. I was just stating that, by the looks of it, Union City (the town) looked big enough to have more than one H.S.

ballfan25...you`re observations are probably correct about the size of Union City. But A lot of folks who live in the city go to Obion County HS over in Troy.Which is one reason why they are building a new HS at Obion County. So that has moved UC`s student enrollment down to a 1A level. I will say that you won`t find too many 1A schools with the facilities that they have at UC.

Ballfan25... Your comments don't hold water. JCS could do like Trousdale County and opt to play up if they're scared to play the likes of UC. The Yellowjackets were a AA team for years but didn't want to play Goodpasture and Lipscomb so they opted to play AAA ball. Job loss has hurt the community and therefore the enrollment at school and now they are a legit 1A team. Classification is based on enrollment period...

Huntingdon enrollment has dropped for the last several years where we're one of the smallest AA school in the state along with Peabody. We're projected to be 1A next classification but the powers to be will have to decide if we play "small ball" on not.

Granted UC is not Middleton or Halls but they are a legit 1A school. JCS had a fine team this year and you should be proud. It really is tough losing but you knew beforehand that only one team would come out of this game and advance.

1) The public school team started the argument about private school's being stupid for paying so much to begin with. I garuntee you if you had your son in a private school for a day, you'd wish you'd always had him there (atleast that's what everybody who ends up at JCS says). The students who are lucky enough to attend JCS are very thankful for the sacrifices their parents make for them so they can attend a private school. Parents aren't stupid for wanting their kids to have a good education and be in a good enviroment where they can worship and learn about God everyday.

2) Saying JCS came out sluggish is not an excuse, it's a fact. I think the way UC came out pumped and ready to play was an advantage and gave them edge in the first half. That's not an excuse, for it was JCS' own fault for coming out like that.

3) JCS has barely over 200 in their highscool. I was just stating that, by the looks of it, Union City (the town) looked big enough to have more than one H.S. And I still don't think they belong in 1A, but it's ok. For the USJ comment. They just aren't good this year. It's not a matter of them being in 1A or 2A. JCS wouldn't have done as bad as they did this year. McKensie would have looked like USJ, not JCS. JCS doesn't pull players from around the community. Just because they are a private school doesn't mean they can recruit. If you took the Eagles' starting line-up, with the exception of a few, most players have gone to JCS since middle school, if not elementary. Obviously public school kids can go to different schools too, seeing that the enrollment went down at Union City enough for them to drop to 1A?

4) I wasn't trying to say anything bad about the Katrina victim. JCS raised thousands of dollars for Katrina victims like him and I'm glad he is ok. Just stating, without him UC wouldn't have been as strong and that JCS isn't the kind of place that gets lucky with stuff like that.

5) The false start was very obvious. Not saying that if the refs would have called it that UC wouldn't have scored on the next play. Just stating it was a very obvious call that was somehow missed.

6) I find it very funny that McKensie and Union City people can get on here and post comments and stand up for their team, but when a JCS fan does, they haven't had class and have disrespected their team. McKensie and Union City made various uncalled-for comments, inlcluding ktrain himself.

7) Ktrainfan aren't you a dad? Surely a man of your age and wisdom is more mature than to be on here trying to pick arguments with younger people.

If I offended you, then sorry. You probably offended a bunch of people, too. That's what happens when a bunch of people from a bunch of different places state their opinions. I just thought I was allowed to put in my two cents too. I did congradulate the Eagles on a great season. They will be back next year just as strong and I can't wait. For Union City, good luck. Ya'll were a very good team and deserved to win with the way you came out and played. Hats off to JCS for making a comeback in the third, though. I was glad the game was actually worth my $7, unlike the first two rounds of the playoffs.

I don't know about everyone else, but I feel like I've gotten more than my moneys' worth this year. Great season all around..Let's be grateful no one was seriously injured this year.....

I want to congratulate JCS on a great season and esp. UC on the win. I was at the game and both teams looked good but JCS just couldnt get it going until the third quarter and i geuss they maybe got wore down and give up the last two td's for UC.

Hey Ktrainfan were you at the game?

I want to congatulate both teams on a great season and good luck UC next week against Jo Byrns and maybe yall can bring the Gold Ball to West TN. Good look from a South Fulton player.