Knox Central Bobcats

TheJudge

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rebel Ron, Pep Vol and MLREB.....

I have read many of your posts in the past, and I consider you guys the more polite and knowledgeable Maryville fans. I also inculde FB Emeritus in that as well. You guys seem to truly appreciate high school football for what it is and all of you deserve the right to be proud and do a little trash talking.

But please notice that I said SOME fans - and not ALL. And yes, I agree that there are SOME CHS fans that get on here and do the same things.....but not ALL of them. Regardless of what SOME Maryville fans post, I don't judge ALL Maryville fans based on the "actions of a few kids". As I said previously, I respect the Maryville program and the run that they have had has been phenomenal.

Also, please notice that I said trash talking can make the game more fun...which it defintiely can. I love reading these posts, especially when it's time for us to do battle again - I just don't like the personal attacks on a kid, whether it's a Maryville OR Central player OR any other kid from any other team. I personally don't care for that on ANY webiste or chat room.

That was the point that I was trying to make in my previous post.

Rebel Ron, Pep Vol and MLREB.....

I have read many of your posts in the past, and I consider you guys the more polite and knowledgeable Maryville fans. I also inculde FB Emeritus in that as well. You guys seem to truly appreciate high school football for what it is and all of you deserve the right to be proud and do a little trash talking.

But please notice that I said SOME fans - and not ALL. And yes, I agree that there are SOME CHS fans that get on here and do the same things.....but not ALL of them. Regardless of what SOME Maryville fans post, I don't judge ALL Maryville fans based on the "actions of a few kids". As I said previously, I respect the Maryville program and the run that they have had has been phenomenal.

Also, please notice that I said trash talking can make the game more fun...which it defintiely can. I love reading these posts, especially when it's time for us to do battle again - I just don't like the personal attacks on a kid, whether it's a Maryville OR Central player OR any other kid from any other team. I personally don't care for that on ANY webiste or chat room.

That was the point that I was trying to make in my previous post.

Nice post , i totally agree with you about personal attacks on the kids . I don't like personal attacks against college players either . Most of the people who personally attack high school kids are kids themselves who have never played a down , or even worse , an adult who never grew up .

As a reminder to everyone...from the very short list of teams that have gotten past MHS in the playoffs in the past 10 years, NONE of them have brought home a gold ball. Sobering facts...

I wish any team that finds the luck to get past MHS the best of luck going forward. I wanna see an all East championship again, regardless of Friday's outcome.

Gotta get past the Rebs first though....

We will get the respect we deserve when we beat them finally. I hope and do believe that will happen this week. I really believe our QB will be the difference in this big game. Enjoy B'ball season rebs. Central Bobcat

Now don't take this wrong but, the difference in Maryville and other teams is that words like "hope" and "believe" are not in their vacabulary when it comes to winning football games. Maryville takes the field "knowing" they "will" win!

Well, then it never gets better probably. One of two things is gonna happen. Maryville, Central and Powell are all growing at roughly the same rate in student body size, as far as I can tell. That means they'd probably all 3 move up to 5A in 2009. So, Central is stuck with Maryville, no matter what happens.

The other thing that might happen is that the TSSAA might slide the scale on what consitutes each division 1A thru 5a, student population wise. If that's the case, Central and Powell might stay in 4A in 09. Someone with more insight into Central and Powell's growth rate and student population size currently could answer that question better...medman...HTV?

Well, I don't know about Central or Powell, but Halls' #of students has decreased quite a lot. I believe they're down around 1100 students nowadays and it might even be less than that. All the rezoning to Gibbs has done that. It's crazy...kids on the other side of maynardville highway that live within the 1 mile "no bus" rule, or whatever you want to call it, have to go to Gibbs even though there within that 1 mile rule. How's that for logic!!! And uh, let's not even talk about the kids starting at other schools that SHOULD be going to Halls.

No Powertone lets Start i believe Central, Maryville, and Powell are growing so well is because there getting a lot of Halls Kids because they all have good recuiting classes

I might agree with you about Central. Gosh how good would Halls had been if a certain Little league footall coach hadn't gotten mad at the former head coach and told all the kids and parents they should go to Central.

I am not sure about Powell. who do they have that is zoned for Halls.

The kid at Maryville father didn't think Halls was good enough for his kid so he shopped him around until he found a taker. Don't think it was much of a lose. After Halls knocked him around a little bit he hasn't been the same since.

As far as Central getting respect. I think they get the respect they deserve. Until they beat Maryville Prep they will be considerd an also ran.

No Powertone lets Start i believe Central, Maryville, and Powell are growing so well is because there getting a lot of Halls Kids because they all have good recuiting classes

I might agree with you about Central. Gosh how good would Halls had been if a certain Little league footall coach hadn't gotten mad at the former head coach and told all the kids and parents they should go to Central.

I am not sure about Powell. who do they have that is zoned for Halls.

The kid at Maryville father didn't think Halls was good enough for his kid so he shopped him around until he found a taker. Don't think it was much of a lose. After Halls knocked him around a little bit he hasn't been the same since.

As far as Central getting respect. I think they get the respect they deserve. Until they beat Maryville Prep they will be considerd an also ran.

...ummmm....with reguards to the Knoxville area High Schools and changing classes due to area population "adjustments'...is there not a new High School planned for Knoxville?.....therefore, in all likelyhood, leaving the current Knoxville HS's in their present classifications in the future?

And on point: Central has my respect....and I'm old!

Reguards to the Board, (Hi Ron)

Mapp