My Gold Ball Predcition in all three classes

Unionvegas

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats alright with me. Let 'em write off the Lady Bears and put the pressure on someone else. :thumb:

Mt. Juliet has all the pressure on them this year. They obviously won last year and only lost two players....both I know were key to the teams success, but they still should be contenders once again. Mt. Juliet beats Heritage in the finals and win for the second year in a row.

Mt. Juliet has all the pressure on them this year. They obviously won last year and only lost two players....both I know were key to the teams success, but they still should be contenders once again. Mt. Juliet beats Heritage in the finals and win for the second year in a row.

If heritage makes it to the finals cait isn't going to let them lose. not taking away anything from mt juliet cause they are obviously good...and i am sure someone will say that one person can't win a big game by themselves...but actually she can, and has done it before numberous time..... powell her sophmore year (she scored 40) oak ridge in region her sophomore year (she brought back her team from an 18 point def. half way through the third quarter), so if they get there i doubt they lose!

Hey, PG12. Really wonder if you think my post merits a response? Believe me the Lady Indian Nation is ready to rock and roll this year. :thumb:

Kaz

I wanted to wait until after the Clarkrange/Oneida game tonight to give you a response. After losing to Clarkrange by 14 (and I heard they were up by even more at one point), I think Oneida is exactly where they should be. Oneida has a considerable amount of offense, but I question their "athletic defense" as you put it. They are giving up quite a few points in these early games: 61, 52, and 63. That type of defense will not get it done and won't get you back to the State Tournament. All of the teams ranked above Oneida would not give up that many points regardless of who they are playing.

Sure Oneida returns everyone from last year, but you have to realize that so do alot of other teams. For the time being, Oneida will stay in that #8 spot.

Well im just going to comment on the class i know about and thats AAA heritage will be tough to beat id go ahead and punch their ticket to be there....Shelbyville of course.....now it gets a little tough with MJ, Smyrna and WC.....Smyrna returns the most players, Mj is coming of a state championship they have lost their best player and when they havent played with clark they havent been all that great.....Mcfarlin( i know that isnt spelt right) doesnt really scare me down low they will have good outside shooters though....Van Atta will have to get a little more speed on her but she is a very good player....as for WC the team im most familar with...Well i really dont know what to expect ive watched practices and gone to camps and games....the loss of Gassie is huge she was the rock on that team that held it togther....WC has a great post game or should atleast as long as they stay healthy....Williams, Jenkins,and Hassel will be very difficult for anyone to guard i dont know if anyone can stop that they have size and speed they can guard wings and guards with no problem....but the problem will be in the guard play im extremly worried about who will fill the shoes of gassie and o'connel. If Calhoun plays like she did in the state tourny last year and the get some outside shooting from farmer or someone else this team will be very difficult to stop.....right now out of those three im going with smyrna oliver is a great leader on that team. Im giving myself the option to come back and change this pick though ha ha....If WC gets guard play they will Win it all....Its great to have basketball season here agian. Good luck to everyones teams.

Well im just going to comment on the class i know about and thats AAA heritage will be tough to beat id go ahead and punch their ticket to be there....Shelbyville of course.....now it gets a little tough with MJ, Smyrna and WC.....Smyrna returns the most players, Mj is coming of a state championship they have lost their best player and when they havent played with clark they havent been all that great.....Mcfarlin( i know that isnt spelt right) doesnt really scare me down low they will have good outside shooters though....Van Atta will have to get a little more speed on her but she is a very good player....as for WC the team im most familar with...Well i really dont know what to expect ive watched practices and gone to camps and games....the loss of Gassie is huge she was the rock on that team that held it togther....WC has a great post game or should atleast as long as they stay healthy....Williams, Jenkins,and Hassel will be very difficult for anyone to guard i dont know if anyone can stop that they have size and speed they can guard wings and guards with no problem....but the problem will be in the guard play im extremly worried about who will fill the shoes of gassie and o'connel. If Calhoun plays like she did in the state tourny last year and the get some outside shooting from farmer or someone else this team will be very difficult to stop.....right now out of those three im going with smyrna oliver is a great leader on that team. Im giving myself the option to come back and change this pick though ha ha....If WC gets guard play they will Win it all....Its great to have basketball season here agian. Good luck to everyones teams.

Yep - WC guard play is THE question for the Glade. I know you follow the team, and your observations indicate a nervousness there. You know how MJ presses and traps...January 13 - I guess we will see who is missed more Clark or Gassie/O'Connel

in AAA the only teams that i think are locks right now to make to state oak ridge, heritage and ridgeway middle tennessee i think will be a mess come tourny time one district 9 teams will out in region and another one could go out in sub-state to either hillsboro or mcgavock region 3 and 4 has about 8 teams that can get to state so it will probably be upset city

why is everyone so high on Dyersburg in AA this year??? Do u remember that they lost everybody but Holloway and one other contributer??? They'll be decent but didn't they just hammered by a SINGLE-A Gleason team??? Theyll be decent...but the wont even make it too Murfressboro.

probably because some of the posters here saw dyersburg this summer and how they performed against some very good AAA teams (shelbyville, mt juliet, wilson central, etc...) and even the AA beast from the east........

dburg getting beat by a very good gleason team pre-season means nothing.........

it is all about playing good when tourney time comes....

and by the way, the other "contributor" you failed to call by name was strayhorn, who was a "all state tourney player" and has signed a letter of intent with belmont.....

she is out until jan....so the team that is on the floor right now is next years team..

Edited by mg