Maryville @ Morristown West

FBEmeritus

Maybe you are correct in hind sight. Maybe I'm not giving West enough credit. They do have a good line and good RB's. I still say they would be much better letting some of their studs go both ways though. A lot of high school coaches make this mistake I think. Put you best 11 on the field and let them play. They are only 15-18 years old. They should be in good enough shape to play 3/4 of a high school game. I'm telling you, #40 would be a GREAT LB. And, I'd get #10 the ball more on O. Maybe put him at TB every now and then. #3 is very strong, but he does not hit the holes hard enough. Please believe me on this. You'll see when the play a Def. with bigger Def. line than what we had. West's O line did a great job of blocking our smaller line and gave West's RB's more time to get into our Def. backfield. I may be wrong, but I think Maryville will win big. Once again, congrats to West and congrats to South on a good season.

Listening to the UT game on Saturday while they were announcing the seniors I heard them call out a kid named Shipley from Kingsport. Did he play for South? I'm not sure how much he played for the vols but that must be pretty special to have his name called as a senior and get to run through the T one last time. Congrats

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listening to the UT game on Saturday while they were announcing the seniors I heard them call out a kid named Shipley from Kingsport. Did he play for South? I'm not sure how much he played for the vols but that must be pretty special to have his name called as a senior and get to run through the T one last time. Congrats

Yes. Kevin Shipley was QB at South a few years ago. Passed for a lot of yards his jr. and sr. season. Walked on at UT, but never got to play any. Good kid.

You won't hear the players or coaches saying the game will be an easy win, because Coach Woods is a class act and has the Rebels respect, mainly because MW's ruined what could today be an attempt at a 6 peat! Beside the reb's have fans like me to do that for them! ;)

Seriously, the main difference is the Maryville Players Know they are going to win and the Morristown players think they can win. Big difference!

I think when Maryville puts 14 or 21 points on the score board around the end of the first quarter or early in the second, Morristown could have a tough time keeping their composure. Region 2 is nothing like Region 3 where there are 5 teams that can beat any team east of knotzville. Now you might want to point out MW's success vs. Knotz West where MW got an OT TD from the 10. If that is giving you comfort think about this fact. The top 4 teams in 3-4A hung 127 points on Knotz West in four games. Knotz West scored a huge 68 in return. Knotz West also hung 38 points on those trojans in the process. I also noted that MW's QB King tossed a total of 49 yards passing in this 4 qtr game plus one overtime series.

You might be able to get away with being one dimensional in Region 2 but you won't make the play-offs in Region 3 playing that way. If those facts are not enough, I’ll have more thoughts later after some of the MW’s posters get on here and start calling me names and telling me I am stupid.

I think Maryville soundly beats Morristown West

I am not calling you names or calling you stupid, I just think you believe in your team. If my team had won all but 2 games since 2001 I would be very confident also!

I just think it is very nice of Morristown West to actually show up for the game this week and give Maryville a light workout before the State Championship game.

I am done with this thread, gotta get ready to eat some Turkey! Happy Thanksgiving to all and good luck to both teams!

I am not calling you names or calling you stupid, I just think you believe in your team. If my team had won all but 2 games since 2001 I would be very confident also!

I just think it is very nice of Morristown West to actually show up for the game this week and give Maryville a light workout before the State Championship game.

I am done with this thread, gotta get ready to eat some Turkey! Happy Thanksgiving to all and good luck to both teams!

I don't want to sound disrespectful to Coach Woods and the Trojans, they are a good football team and will play hard till the end, but Maryville has had a much tougher road and beaten some very good teams in Halls, Powell, Central, White Co. and knotz west that took MW to the mat a few weeks back. Sure the rest of the teams Maryville has played this year were soft but not like the top of Region 3-4A.

It is going to be a fine night of football but I think Maryville is ready to put the "L" on MW's season. Enjoy your turkey.

i realize mo west is good, and that their running game is awesome and blah blah blah, but we are still going to pound the life out of them. our defense is going to swallow their running game, we always have three or four people there ready to make a tackle, and gang tackles can stop a succesful running game. and i dont see their defense doing anything at all with tallent in the open field or baker in traffic, im calling over one hundred for both of them. If their special teams is as poor as i hear then tyler maples better stretch good because he is going to be making a lot of runs on punts. prediction, MHS by 20+

Edited by RebelRaider

Well this is one of the games maryville fans look foward to all year.

MO. West has some big running backs and line but, as raider has said if their deffense and speacial teams aren't up to par,... oooh maples could have his way with them.

We will see how this week of practice goes.

Two undefeted teams playing for a chance to go to the Ship. Couldnt ask for a better game. :rolleyes:

MO-WEST is the only team to give Maryville a lost in the playoff & the reg season.

I do think Maryville will be able to move the ball on Mo-west defense, but can they

stop Mo-west power running game? Maryville has not played a team that run right

at them like Mo-west. If Maryville can stop Mo-west from running the ball they will

win by 3 TD. Looking for a great game.

PS: The last time Maryville came too Morristown they got beat!

I agree!!! We all know how good the Rebels are, offensive and defensively. I agree District 3 is probably the toughest in the state. BUT... most people have to agree that Mo West has a pretty good reputation itself. All this BS about Maryville being scared of MoWest is, like I said BS, and anyone saying MoWest is afraid of Maryville is also BS. MoWest will come into this game with the same mentality as Maryville, KNOWING they are going to win. It's like I said in earlier post with the first, second and third rounds, IF your team can Stop our offense, then you deserve and have earned a win. Maryville fans probably think the same about their team. Our defense doesn't get enough credit! I think you will be surprised by our linebackers, #44 and #90 are as good as anyone. You will see what I mean come Friday. MoWest fans and players have looked forward to this game all year! I mean, we "kind-of" knew we were the best in District 1 & 2 throught-out the year and "kind-of" knew we would eventually meet up with Maryville in round 4. Well, it's here! My prediction is MoWest in a close but high scoring game. At this level, most of the time, the offenses' will score points, no-matter how good the defense is. We have probably the two best two coaches in the state on the same field come Friday night. It doesn't get any better than this! Go Trojans!

TrojanE, Good post and I agree I don't think anyone is scared. No question MW was the best team over those week regions to the east so that is not saying to much. No disrespect meant, but simply put those regions are way down this year. Greenville normally tough, down. TN HI down & rebuilding. Elizabethton has had most of the success years past next to MW can't kick it into gear. Who else gets near a 8 win season everyyear?

I don't agree it will bea high scoring game because Maryville won't let MW score to many points. maryville's Average yeild is a mear 10 per contest. Maryville has given up only 131 total and 68 have come in the 4th qtr, when many of the starters are resting. That means for the first three qtrs Maryville's Defence has only allowed 4.8 points over 13 games and vs. 4-5 teams many would agree are better than MW. MW has only given up 166 or 12.8 per contest themselves but during the first three qtrs MW has given up 95 pts or 7.3 per. That is half of Maryville's yeild. MW has shown to be tough in the 4th Qtr only giving up 18 all year but does that mean the other teams gave up or does it mean MW has played its starters late to preserve the win?

I am not saying MW is weak but they have clearly not had the road Maryville has had and I am sure Knox Central, Halls, Powell and maybe one or two others in Region 3 and 4 could also handly defeat MoreWest. More later.

Maryville will win this one by at least 3 touchdowns.

Mo West has some big backs, but they are slow.

It may take 5 or 6 to bring them down, but that is how Maryville plays.

Good luck in the Blue Cross Bowl

MO WEST HAS SLOW BACKS? You have no idea. If their slow, you will watch them slowly run down the field, time after time.

GO MO GO