Best Freshmen in East Tennessee

philip2003

Nicole Dickson from Greeneville. Should dominate with her size and agility. Will be big time college prospect if continues to develop and keeps her head on straight.

She is a great freshman and has carried Greeneville this year. But I have seen her play 3 times this year and have yet to see her hustle or get back down the court. I would love to see her give some effort. She could be a great one if she does.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still say Kayla Christopher. She is awsome. I seen her play against Coalfield who was ranked very high at the time. She only scored 8 or something like that but she made some wicked cool passes. She is in the running for Region MVP. This is pretty weird because this Region Possess 2 State Teams from last year. Both teams only losing 1 starter a piece. She controls that flow of the game and is gonna go somewhere very good.

Christopher received the District 4A Player of the Year award along with Coalfield's Kristen Conlon and she was named the District 4-A Tournament MVP. There's probably no clear cut way to say who's the best, but she's in that group.

Christopher is a very good player. I think she is in the top 5% of all players Freshman or not. I also think that even though the Wartburg program was down some this year they have some good freshman as well. To get back on topic, Kayla has all the tools and if she grows to be 5'8-9 she'll have a solid chance to play college ball.....she might anyway.

She is a great freshman and has carried Greeneville this year. But I have seen her play 3 times this year and have yet to see her hustle or get back down the court. I would love to see her give some effort. She could be a great one if she does.

Nicole is deceptive. I have seen her play four times this year, and several times in AAU. It just LOOKS like she is not moving very quickly. She actually is moving quite swiftly, but it just doesn't appear that she is working at it that hard.

She has things to work on, but just like Glory Johnson will be the # 1 big girl being watched for her early comittment next year (as a Junior), Nicole's time is going to come two years from now, if she keeps making progress. Unfortunately for me and my daughter, I get to see her at least 4 more times in High School.

Kayla is more than in the top 5 percent of all freshman players in tennessee.

A more accurate assesment would be she is the top 1 to 2 percent (top 1-5 freshman players in state) of all freshman in Tennessee & one of the top freshman players in the country ( top 5 percent).

Regarding her height, rememeber Laura Hall was only 5'4-5'5 and she was recruited & a 3 time AA all state selection & 2 time all State AP ( all classifications with 1 first team all state her junior year & 2nd team her senior year). Many wondered if her height would be an issue and its clearly not been a case. as Laura made all 1st team all freshman team & has finally broken out of her scoring sophomore scoringslump. She is on a scoring assault leading the surging UTC Lady Mocs who went undefeated in the Southern Conference & beat Auburn, UAB, and other very good OOC teams and their RPI is in the top 30. look for the Lady Mocs to be a threat to make a run at a 16 appearance . Theyhave the talent to just do that with laura quaterbacking the ultra talented Mocs team with other Tennesee players like katasha brown leading the team in scoring.

The point of this is, height is not as important. If Christopher remains 5-7 or 5'8, she will still be heavily recruited if she evolves the way many are forecasting. Christopher led a yong and talented OS team who was rebuilding this year in scoring ( 14.5 ppg), assists (4.0), and steams as OS won a district regular season & tourney championship. She was named the district co-mvp with a senior from Coalfield ( not sure I agree with that).

She's the best freshman in East TN IMO & top 2-3 in the state & one of the better freshman in the country considering OS is 22-8 ( playing a very very tough OOC schedule against Tennessee's best teams). :thumb:

I agree with you to a certain extent. But, I also believe Nicole's talents are being under-utilized. She is deceptively quick, however.

Edited by TennTarpon

I think Walker Valley have a great freshman goup, Lacey Allen, Brooke Hamby, Laura Whitehead, Paula White, and Kasey Brownfield. They did pretty good against the greatly touted McMinn central. W.V.'s JV were undefeated :ph34r:

This is a very good group of girls the 5 listed could really be a force in the future. I have seen all play AAU ball also and they are very good with their various teams. I hope they get their chance over the next few years to prove what a good group they can be.

This is a very good group of girls the 5 listed could really be a force in the future. I have seen all play AAU ball also and they are very good with their various teams. I hope they get their chance over the next few years to prove what a good group they can be.

"I think Walker Valley have a great freshman goup, Lacey Allen, Brooke Hamby, Laura Whitehead, Paula White, and Kasey Brownfield. They did pretty good against the greatly touted McMinn central. W.V.'s JV were undefeated"

I have watched several McMinn Central varsity games and they are a very solid team (most of the time) but what about their true freshman team, are they as good as the comments I am seeing?