How you beat Maryville

Stormytruck

Seems as no one has come up with a way to defeat Maryville,15-0,Congrats to the Rebs.

Its simple really, FIRE Quarles or put a multiplier on all open enrollment and tuition paying schools. It would be interesting to see a list of players for both Alcoa and Maryville whom are tuition paying students. Then if none of those kids contribute a great deal then all their respective fans could show the world their is no advantage gained and every body else could shut up about the issue.

Edited by PigSkinRules

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know how to beat Maryville...actually having school zones like the rest of TN

AWWWWWW...do i sense some jealousy, since we don't have to cheat to win, and my guess is that we stomped you into the ground once or twice or fifty times in the past??? I think so...now run along and play with the rest of the neighborhood kids and i will give you some candy later.

Edited by rebelguy21

So after following the Rebs, I was wondering who you consider your tuffest game? Looking from the sidlines I would have given it to Central but wanted to hear from the Reb faitful! :thumb:

Great season, God help us from the Reb posters in 2006. :) LOL :) I know your heads will be bigger and chest pounding louder but hay your kids on the field back it up. :huh:

Edited by MasterBlaster 1

There are two ways to beat Maryville. The first way is simple. Put them in Division 5A were they should be. The second is hit them early with all your bag of tricks. If you can get them against the ropes early you got a chance.

I know that this post will ruffle some feathers with the Maryville folks but I'm sorry. Last year the TSSAA asked for all the schools student populations and those schools with a population of 1,358 or more were put into 5A. It's a little strange how on coacht.com Maryville High School is said to have 1,351 and on the Maryville High School site they are said to have 1,350. If you check the Tennessee Department of Education website you'll notice that Maryville's net enrollment was 1,445 for the fiscal year 2003-2004. So, maybe in 2009 Maryville will be in the classification that they should be.

ridge.jpg

Well I just watched them play and they would have beat Ravenwood or Oakridge on Saturday night!!!

So after following the Rebs, I was wondering who you consider your tuffest game? Looking from the sidlines I would have given it to Central but wanted to hear from the Reb faitful! :o

Great season, God help us from the Reb posters in 2006. ;) LOL :lol: I know your heads will be bigger and chest pounding louder but hay your kids on the field back it up. :thumb:

Just my opinion.... Melrose ... then Central . Melrose has more team speed and a tougher defense , plus Cooper is the best back we faced this year .

Maryville shot themselves in the foot and made the first Central game a close game .

As far as big headed fans go , i think the majority of Maryville fans are very humble ... sure we have a few brash kids , but let some other school have the same kind of success and see just how humble they are . What really amazes me though is that Maryville fans are always having to defend their school . Myself , and most Maryville fans would rather treat all the other teams with respect , just like we would expect to be treated .

So after following the Rebs, I was wondering who you consider your tuffest game? Looking from the sidlines I would have given it to Central but wanted to hear from the Reb faitful! :P

Great season, God help us from the Reb posters in 2006. :P LOL :P I know your heads will be bigger and chest pounding louder but hay your kids on the field back it up. :o

um...Melrose is the toughest for sure. After that, probably Central and then Powell most seasons.

Well, as for our alleged braggadocio...come on. I mean we defend ourselves because we get attacked. We predict ourselves to win every week because we're always the favorite. That doesn't mean that we think we're God's gift to football or anything...we've just earned the right to be confident in our players and coaches and the product that is the outcome of our program.

We'll be back next year and win or lose we'll have the same amount of pride in the mighty mighty Rebels.

So after following the Rebs, I was wondering who you consider your tuffest game? Looking from the sidlines I would have given it to Central but wanted to hear from the Reb faitful! :thumb:

Great season, God help us from the Reb posters in 2006. :lol: LOL :lol: I know your heads will be bigger and chest pounding louder but hay your kids on the field back it up. :lol:

I would have to say melrose deffinatly. Their front four were amazing. But we just had our best game of the year agiants them.

Four all those who say marville should move up to5A Melrose would have stomped both Oakride and Ravenwood..

Edited by rebelman16

I would have to say melrose deffinatly. Their front four were amazing. But we just had our best game of the year agiants them.

Four all those who say marville should move up to5A Melrose would have stomped both Oakride and Ravenwood..

Yeah...Melrose most definately...GQ even said that, and i think we all believe what GQ says...AS Rebel man said we played one of our best games of the season against Melrose and won by 13...we played bad (offensively) in the first game against Central and gave up a few more points than we are accustomed to in the second game but we still won by 10...As for Ravenwood and OR...I'm sure we could handle our own as we do every year with every team that we play...I talked to a couple Maplewood coaches at the game Saturday and they said that Maryville would definately beat both of those teams playing in that game...so except for people that get on here and say otherwise....just listen to coaches all over the state...they know who the best is

As for the people that constantly accuse us as cheaters because we recruit...the only recruiting that Maryville does is win..over and over and over again...parents choose to put their kid in the best school in the state and the BEST football team in the state (period)...the last thing i have to say about all you jealous people is this.....U WISH U WERE A REBEL..OOOOOH AAAAAAH

Hey rebelman16 im sittin in Marketing II working very hard as usual...haha

Yeah...Melrose most definately...GQ even said that, and i think we all believe what GQ says...AS Rebel man said we played one of our best games of the season against Melrose and won by 13...we played bad (offensively) in the first game against Central and gave up a few more points than we are accustomed to in the second game but we still won by 10...As for Ravenwood and OR...I'm sure we could handle our own as we do every year with every team that we play...I talked to a couple Maplewood coaches at the game Saturday and they said that Maryville would definately beat both of those teams playing in that game...so except for people that get on here and say otherwise....just listen to coaches all over the state...they know who the best is

As for the people that constantly accuse us as cheaters because we recruit...the only recruiting that Maryville does is win..over and over and over again...parents choose to put their kid in the best school in the state and the BEST football team in the state (period)...the last thing i have to say about all you jealous people is this.....U WISH U WERE A REBEL..OOOOOH AAAAAAH

Hey rebelman16 im sittin in Marketing II working very hard as usual...haha

• 2 weeks later...

Believe me coach gaylor does not make as much money as the principal...and you dont even know the real reason that he left so do not question a coach's character about money when you dont even know the reason...

First off, don't tell me what I don't know, because I do know. He may not make as much money as the principal in Maryville, but he's probably pretty close to the salaries made by principals and ADs in both Knox and Anderson County. Secondly, the reason he didn't come back to Clinton is because they couldn't match what he is making in Maryville NOT that they made him a whole bunch of offers and bologna like that. Furthermore, I don't think anyone is questioning this coaches character. He is a fine teacher and person who actually taught something besides driver's ed. and football field turf management. Maryville is very fortunate to have him. He is great coach. I just wanted to make sure that is clarified for the record.

I did forget to mention though that recruiting is another factor in the Maryville tradition. Where is it that the quarterback lives? Halls?

Nonetheless, congratulations Maryville on being the domineering state champs. Maybe the way to beat Maryville is to make players practice like they play....without mistakes.

Edited by Ntheknow2