David Lipscomb vs Livingston Academy

swipper

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hopkins...A Region 2 team has been in the Title game for the last 4 years. Winning 3 of those 4. But I guess you already know that as well. Since you city folk think you are better than everyone else.

First, I don't consider myself "city folk," I'm actually an Army brat. I actually live in Bellevue, which for most of my life, was known as the "sticks." I definitely don't think I, or anyone from DL is better than anyone else. We are all created by the same amazing God.

Second, I was merely pointing out that it really hasn't been that long since another region won the state championship. Yes, Region 2 has a good recent history. LA should be proud of their accomplishments this year. Ultimately, only this years team can win the championship.

"God sets himself against the proud, but he shows favor to the humble." James 4:6

This should be a great game. Although I am pulling for DL, I would take some of the action with HighSchoolfootballknowitall. There is no way Lipscomb holds LA behind the 50.

Edited by khopkins

rocking chair i enjoy you posts and your knowledge of the game. btw this is the guy that you went to the ae playoff game ten years ago

Well welcome aboard !!! I guess you will be making the trip to the Boro saturday to root for the blue and white yes ? As for me it looks like I will be watching the game on the tube. I will probably be working. I appreciate your kind words but sometimes I get a little carried away when some people get on here and have no idea about this Wildcat team. Most of them just do it to make us mad or like some of these DL fans think their better than us. It's a good thing that we are not talking to each other face to face or someone would be in bad trouble.

You know I have not said anything bad about DL and their program. I have the utmost respect for what their school has accomplished and what their school stands for. But when some of their SMART @#$ fans get on here and bash and make fun of LA and their fans that's where I draw the line. Just like the guy who said DL 35 to 0 and that LA wouldn't cross the fifty. I know he's just being a SMART wise guy.

And if you get any action on that bet I'll take half of whatever he wants. I'll be in touch with you see you later.

Excuse me if I get sentimental here, but this is my last post of the season. A look back on this AWESOME Mustang season. We started the season with a lot of newness, new purple chair backs, new goal posts, some new coaches at new positions, new press box, new uniforms, new region, new classsification, and new paint for the field (especially the white!). Lost a few players at the beginning and now at the end, but WOW what a season.

I am proud of these Mustangs. There is only one thing that gets me excited and that is Mustang football, and selling a house at 6%, updating my webpage, rooting for my beloved Dores, GWCofC, hearing myself on the radio. OK, maybe there a few things, but MUSTANG NATION is number 1.

Let's end this GREAT season with the Gold Ball and some Call Outs.

BombSquad keep up the good work, you make us all proud. NOT!

hsfball, welcome back, thanks for the help this week. NOT!

Mudflap, we need brunch food, not dinner food this week.

Stampede, no more talking until Saturday, we need your voice in prime shape for the last broadcast.

Dr. Justice, 1. Thanks for the updates

2. You are doing a good job.

Nutt 22, you are proud of your team, no harm no foul, except for the part about David Lipscomb.

easttnfootballexpert, remember EAST is LEAST, WEST is BEST.

bulldog69, what is your deal? it is called chemistry, read the paper.

Mark Gaither, Brent Eubanks, Snowbird, thanks for the weather forcast,but learn how to spell center.

Ted L. Nancy, thanks for finally stopping by again.

As for the Bluecross Bowl

DL-14

LA-0

Bayron: Yes...it is chemistry...no doubt about that. Never having to worry about zoning or a class made up of non-students/non-student athletes, etc. My point was that the tuition money affords students all of the things noted by your coach in the Tennessean to day. ANNNND like a lot of DL fans....you don't or don't want to grasp the idea that there is a certifiable gap....i. e. the coach at Pearl Cohn's remarks. I have no deal...your team is very good.....and was so good this year and will be next year as well....the split is now a sure thing....and I salute you for that.

Edited by bulldog69

2005 Cats the only thing that you need to think of the next three nights as you play this game over in your head is that these guys are always going to assume that they are better than you. In life no matter what walk you choose you will be confronted with "preppie" (to steal a word from rocking chair) snobs that think your dad should be working for their dad and later you should be working for them. The football field is the only place you can get some "legal" payback. Make the most of your opportunity.

Go Big Blue

Keep that Train Rollin'

Bayron: Yes...it is chemistry...no doubt about that. Never having to worry about zoning or a class made up of non-students/non-student athletes, etc. My point was that the tuition money affords students all of the things noted by your coach in the Tennessean to day. ANNNND like a lot of DL fans....you don't or don't want to grasp the idea that there is a certifiable gap....i. e. the coach at Pearl Cohn's remarks. I have no deal...your team is very good.....and was so good this year and will be next year as well....the split is now a sure thing....and I salute you for that.

The "Real" Bayron is a great American. The Bayron on Coach T is a im-"Poster".

Mr. Bull Frog as I have indicated in other threads...You are ill-informed in your opinion on Lipscomb. Have you ever attended Lipscomb? Have you ever spoken to Coach Mac? Have you ever been on campus? Do you even know Jay Gore, Lee Edwards, John Green, and the Real Mark Gaither? For all I know, you could be one of these guys or even Bomb Squad who looks to stir it up just for entertainment purposes only. Nothing is going to happen to re-classification til 2009. If Lipscomb loses which I hope not this year, or the talent pool falls off, I hope not, this type of discussion will cease. If Lipscomb's Program remains strong over the next few years I look for the following: The other Region 5 teams will also become more stronger: Cheatham County, Creek Wood, Marshall County, Giles County, Spring Hill, and yes even Montgomery Central. Your issues will then center around Goodpasture and could they cause the next step in the multi-plier? If that happens then Lipscomb will move on to 4A, and they will have to live with that new challenge-just like this year's move to 3A.

Its ill-informed opinions like yours and Coach Hard in this type of public forum that spread ill-feelings and false rumors and its the Bomb Squadrons who feed off those type of reactions. You know I have lots of thoughts about some programs both public and private and would love to share them here, but some of them are probably also of ill-informed sources.

Hey, this is a public forum where everybody gets to express their thoughts and opinions for entertainment purposes only.

The Mustangfanpage will be updated on Thursday with Peter Powell's Game Day Notes on the Championship Game featuring David Lipscomb and the host team, Livingston Academy. We'll announce the update on Thursday. I'm sure it will be filled with alot of viable and well sourced information. Look for it.

The "Real" Bayron is a great American. The Bayron on Coach T is a im-"Poster".

Mr. Bull Frog as I have indicated in other threads...You are ill-informed in your opinion on Lipscomb. Have you ever attended Lipscomb? Have you ever spoken to Coach Mac? Have you ever been on campus? Do you even know Jay Gore, Lee Edwards, John Green, and the Real Mark Gaither? For all I know, you could be one of these guys or even Bomb Squad who looks to stir it up just for entertainment purposes only. Nothing is going to happen to re-classification til 2009. If Lipscomb loses which I hope not this year, or the talent pool falls off, I hope not, this type of discussion will cease. If Lipscomb's Program remains strong over the next few years I look for the following: The other Region 5 teams will also become more stronger: Cheatham County, Creek Wood, Marshall County, Giles County, Spring Hill, and yes even Montgomery Central. Your issues will then center around Goodpasture and could they cause the next step in the multi-plier? If that happens then Lipscomb will move on to 4A, and they will have to live with that new challenge-just like this year's move to 3A.

Its ill-informed opinions like yours and Coach Hard in this type of public forum that spread ill-feelings and false rumors and its the Bomb Squadrons who feed off those type of reactions. You know I have lots of thoughts about some programs both public and private and would love to share them here, but some of them are probably also of ill-informed sources.

Hey, this is a public forum where everybody gets to express their thoughts and opinions for entertainment purposes only.

The Mustangfanpage will be updated on Thursday with Peter Powell's Game Day Notes on the Championship Game featuring David Lipscomb and the host team, Livingston Academy. We'll announce the update on Thursday. I'm sure it will be filled with alot of viable and well sourced information. Look for it.

The other Region 5 teams will also become more stronger: Cheatham County, Creek Wood, Marshall County, Giles County, Spring Hill, and yes even Montgomery Central.

Do you realize what an arrogant statement that is? DL will pull these inferior programs up by their shear presence in their region. Nah...there will be no increase in the multiplier. It's as high as it will go.

The move to 3A has brought with it some of the worst public/private debate since '03. It had quieted down some, but the new blood in 3A is ready to complain. Maybe the mods will move this to public/private debate like they did so many past DL threads a couple years ago. Then we can at least talk about football....or each other.

3A no challenge,

multiply by 52,

Maryville is next...

Do you realize what an arrogant statement that is? DL will pull these inferior programs up by their shear presence in their region. Nah...there will be no increase in the multiplier. It's as high as it will go.

Your interpretation may indicate that I did not express clearly my thought. It was not meant to be arrogant and that the other programs were inferior. There was nothing there to be read into my comment. The presence of not only Lipscomb but include Cheatham County, as most would forget also made the move to 3A, into a new mix of a Region 5. Each of the Schools could have positive impacts on each other in the region. I have already seen in this playoff season with the co-operation and support of most of the schools in Region 5. Perhaps an arrogant but maybe a hokey thought will be if Lipscomb wins Saturday, it will also be a win for a New Region 5. Think about it. (We at Lipscomb hopes that our band will get to be as large as some of the other schools in the Region) We're looking for a real fight song. Any suggestions!

Well, I see the Bulldog is back with his usual entry to every thread - public can't compete with private. If that's true Bulldog, how come DL has been sent home from the playoffs seven times in the past ten years by public schools? How come the last two years we have had our heads handed to us by Huntingdon and Alcoa? Do you see any fear of Lipscomb in the LA posts on this thread? Any team that can run through Carter, Austin East, Knox Catholic, and Notre Dame in consecutive weeks is not scared of Lipscomb or anyone in 3A, nor should they be. I think it's going to be a great game.

Is your next planned split for the TSSAA to separate Metro schools from the County schools? Clearly, County and small town school programs have an advantage over Metro area schools. The proof is in the TSSAA record books and in the amazing crowds that travel with their community teams. I don't hear you complaining about the highly successful public school programs that win year in and year out. I doubt you were complaining about Lipscomb when they were going 2-8 or 3-7 in the early 1980's when Coach McCadams was just getting a handle on our program. Riverdale, Oak Ridge, Maryville, Melrose, Fulton, Milan, Huntingdon, Alcoa, Trousdale County, etc. are highly successful for the very same reasons that a lot of the private schools are - they have established programs and coaching consistency. Undeniably, people move to these areas in order for their sons to play on teams with great coaching and winning traditions. How are you going to regulate that?

I don't know who your team is, Bulldog, but as long as you keep telling them they can't compete they are likely to live up to your expectations.

Would you have any more cliches to use if I told you I am not even an ex-player?

highschoolfan said it best. This is not about razzing you. This is about the 13 pages of jargon your people have put on this board.

Oh, LA people are the only ones posting, huh? You are from Knoxville, right? Could it be you are a little upset because we ousted 3 teams from the big city??