Heritage over AE

TdTbb

I was at the game. There certainly wasn't home cooking, although Cait got the benefit of a block-charge call at the end of the first half that helped turn the game around.

One of the other Heritage guards hit some big three-pointers against the AE zone in the second half that got the Lady Mountaineers back in the game.

I really haven't seen anybody else in the area, but in my opinion these two teams are the best in East Tennessee. Heritage won the game because they hit free throws and AE did not. That's usually the difference in a close game anyway, and the free throw line is where this one was won and lost.

As for Cait's injury, I would pray that she is OK. She is a great kid off the floor as well. Heritage certainly wouldn't be as good without her - nobody would. But they will still have a good team. They are still well-coached, have some other good players, and play good defense. They struggled without her last year, but they really didn't have time to prepare because of the timing of her injury and two of their guards were freshmen. If she's out an extended period of time, they will struggle some, but not nearly as much as last year.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the other Heritage guards hit some big three-pointers against the AE zone in the second half that got the Lady Mountaineers back in the game.

She also made the 3 pointer at the buzzer before half time which changed a 13 point lead to a 10 point lead for AE.

Edited by TdTbb

Hey if you don't like what i'm posting OH WELL!!!! It's not going to affect me one bit unlike you all.

Secondly, I'm not old enough to have a daughter which is in high school so NO, no one on that team is my kid.

Thirdly, from the looks of it, Cait is out for the season. If I'm wrong, that's good. iT just looked bad to me so its whatever.

Fourth, Sherwood17, you said "if she wanted to go back in than her parents or coaches had nothing to do with it because it's her decision." Ok, what IF this is a season ending injury? Then, what's going to be said? I hope its not but what if it is?

This is my last post on this unless I feel like coming back in here. I'm thinking Webb now. The HHS game is behind me and the Lady Roadrunners. I'm going to leave on this note, I've seen better. Yes, I think the LADY ROADRUNNERS should be ranked in the National but hey, it's just like the BCS polls those polls don't mean FLIP!!!!

Take it how you want it!! If you don't like what I post, JUST DON't READ it nor RESPOND- HOW HARD is that?

Smalltown, you hit the nail on the coffin. HHS hit the FREE THROWS and AE didn't that's why AE lost. HHS is a good free throw shooting team(HEY, is that a negative comment toward HHS? I've said that before but you all are taking me as a bad person, but who cares)

I'm still trying to find out who was applauding while she was down?

Edited by Turtle

It didn't seem like you cared. It sounds to me that you have problems and to get on the internet and to blast a kid that is injured, That NO CLASS. At the game saturday night it showed true signs of no class by the AE coaches and fans. All were laughing and clapping and happy that Cait was hurt. Is winning a game that important? I have lost all respect for AE. To say that your two soph schooled Cait makes me fall out of my chair. I have seen your two soph and they might have played well but lets don't compare the two cause it makes you look like a idot even more. If you don't have anything good to say about a kid that may have just finished her season then don't say anything at all. It really don't matter what you think about Cait cause again to say that she not that good makes you look like a idot that works in a factory for your day job and TRIES TO BE A COACH AT NIGHT. Cait is considered the best PG in the country by everyone and by the way she did sign with Tennessee. I don't think that Pat just signs anyone off the street. Get a life and grow up. :):):lol:

I think you're making up stuff now. If you didn't notice the WHOLE gymnasium was silent while Cait was down. No one and I mean, NO ONE was up walking nor talking. I being a Lady Roadrunner fan felt sorry for Cait and the Heritage basketball program because I knew deep down in my heart that they will need her in order to compete in the season. Heritage relies on Cait to much. I noticed every time she went out it was just for 1 minute or less. Come on now, if they're the 15 National ranked team why not leave her out for longer and see what the other girls can do?

All you fans of the Lady Mountaineers you need to learn how to accept criticism because you'll going to receive a lot especially if you're a "National Ranked Team." I seen a High School All American but not a National Ranked Team play last night. I'm sorry but I'm just keeping it real!!!

If Heritage is 15 National and 5th in the South, AE should be ranked right there behind them. Those polls are just like the BCS polls not worth a flip...

It didn't seem like you cared. It sounds to me that you have problems and to get on the internet and to blast a kid that is injured, That NO CLASS. At the game saturday night it showed true signs of no class by the AE coaches and fans. All were laughing and clapping and happy that Cait was hurt. Is winning a game that important? I have lost all respect for AE. To say that your two soph schooled Cait makes me fall out of my chair. I have seen your two soph and they might have played well but lets don't compare the two cause it makes you look like a idot even more. If you don't have anything good to say about a kid that may have just finished her season then don't say anything at all. It really don't matter what you think about Cait cause again to say that she not that good makes you look like a idot that works in a factory for your day job and TRIES TO BE A COACH AT NIGHT. Cait is considered the best PG in the country by everyone and by the way she did sign with Tennessee. I don't think that Pat just signs anyone off the street. Get a life and grow up. :):):lol:

Agreed... Hope Cait gets well quickly, she has a long career ahead of her. Can't stand it when ppl bash on her for being better than there kid. Good Luck Heritage and Cait.

I learned last year that AE fans are very disrespectful, and coahces last year had no control and players had horrible attitudes, granted they have the most talent but can't become a team. Someone needs to help the entire program out.

Turtle...

Let me tell you plain and simple. Cait is everything she is hyped up to be, AE guards are quick, but not up to her standard. Sometimes everyone gets lucky with a crossover... Now Yes they will be hurt without her, AND FREAKING TEAM IN THE COUNTRY WOULD BE HURT WITHOUT HER! She is not the entire team and she loves to pass the ball as much as score, its just easy for her to score. No one player makes a team, but a player like her makes a good east TN team like Heritage, a Nationally ranked team. They are the best AAA team in the state. Now respond with whatever you want, I understand you dont know what you are talking about. But please feel free to rank all you want because everyone here doesn't believe a word you say, but do care enough about a special ball player enough to take up for her.

Cait I hope you get well soon. I believe you have a chance to step right in at UT and make some noise. Good Luck HHS, and AE.

Turtle

First of all, get your story straight. Cait has NEVER had a torn ACL. She did injure her MCL last year, far less significant an injury.

As to why does she play in a game in November... why does any starter play in November, they are competitors. Face it, every night is a crap shoot when you step onto the field of play whether it's November, December or March. She could just as easily been injured in mid-season. So, if she was going to be injured, better now, when a team can make the necessary adjustments, as opposed to last year when it was the last regular season game, with the districts starting days later.

At any rate, best wishes to Cait and to the Lady Mountaineers.

I have seen many very good gilrs basketball players within TN the past 30+ years and after having seen Cait play a few times over the past couple of years, she ranks with the best. I have never seen a high school girl take over a game or do so many things with the basketball as she does. It was never more evident than the 42 she put up against Greenville Friday night. I drove from middle TN to see her in action against a good Greenville team. She can do it all, shoot the three, explode to the basket, circus shots, you name it. Even though she has the ability to explode and score, she loves dishing out the assists to her teammates as well. It's not all about scoring with her either as she loves to play tenacious defense and rebound with anyone, regardless of size. She is a complete player, one who never quits and one who always gives it her 110% everytime she steps on the floor. I pray her injury is minor and she can get back on the court soon. To the eyes of many, including me, she truly is "Cait the Great" and she has earned every bit of the praise and accolades she has received.

Hey I do care a little but not a lot. I mean, she's going to be playing with the Lady Vols why wouldn't I care? I mean, that was my first time seeing her play and before then the only thing you heard was Cait this Cait that. I mean, people talked about her like she was a Sherryl Swoopes or a Holsclaw. I just got on here and typed my opinion. I'm sorry that you peeps can't take the truth. I know the truth hurts. I'm just keeping it real and if you don't like it, Hey who cares.

I hope Cait does get well soon. I hope she's printing everything I'm typing so she can use it as a motivation. There's fans around who don't think she's as good as people in Blount County are putting her. Hey, those Sophomores schooled her and yes she took them at times but to say those Sophomores aren't as good just being in the 10th grade is booty too. Those girls played againt better guards. They travel all around during the summer and I'm sure they'll give Cait her props but I'm also sure they'll tell you they've faced better. To say she's the best in the country is a pretty bold statement, I mean, saying she's one of the best in East Tennessee would be workable.

oorebel, I'm not a doctor so in my terms a ACL, MCL, TCL, BCL, or whatever is basically the same thing. Until I go to Duke University to get my MD in medical terms I'm going to call it whatever.

TO all of you, of course you're going to say you lost all respect for AE. Do you really think AE gets any respect? I mean, considering the fact that majoirity of their students are black people talk about them anyway. I'm not trying to turn this into a racist thread but a lot of people sterotype AE because of their surroundings. So if you lost respect for them, oh well, it ain't like they had any. They're trying to gain it but peeps like you continue to say whatever about them. Another question is, how do you know the fans that were so call up and applauding while Cait was down were AE fans? Wow, that's a good question.

But to end all of this, Cait get well soon. If you don't come back this year you better believe I'll be cheering for you in the Orange and White next year.......

Hey I do care a little but not a lot. I mean, she's going to be playing with the Lady Vols why wouldn't I care? I mean, that was my first time seeing her play and before then the only thing you heard was Cait this Cait that. I mean, people talked about her like she was a Sherryl Swoopes or a Holsclaw. I just got on here and typed my opinion. I'm sorry that you peeps can't take the truth. I know the truth hurts. I'm just keeping it real and if you don't like it, Hey who cares.

I hope Cait does get well soon. I hope she's printing everything I'm typing so she can use it as a motivation. There's fans around who don't think she's as good as people in Blount County are putting her. Hey, those Sophomores schooled her and yes she took them at times but to say those Sophomores aren't as good just being in the 10th grade is booty too. Those girls played againt better guards. They travel all around during the summer and I'm sure they'll give Cait her props but I'm also sure they'll tell you they've faced better. To say she's the best in the country is a pretty bold statement, I mean, saying she's one of the best in East Tennessee would be workable.

oorebel, I'm not a doctor so in my terms a ACL, MCL, TCL, BCL, or whatever is basically the same thing. Until I go to Duke University to get my MD in medical terms I'm going to call it whatever.

TO all of you, of course you're going to say you lost all respect for AE. Do you really think AE gets any respect? I mean, considering the fact that majoirity of their students are black people talk about them anyway. I'm not trying to turn this into a racist thread but a lot of people sterotype AE because of their surroundings. So if you lost respect for them, oh well, it ain't like they had any. They're trying to gain it but peeps like you continue to say whatever about them. Another question is, how do you know the fans that were so call up and applauding while Cait was down were AE fans? Wow, that's a good question.

But to end all of this, Cait get well soon. If you don't come back this year you better believe I'll be cheering for you in the Orange and White next year.......

Turtle...you are a real class act. And now you play the race card! What an idiot. I will never root for Austin East in anything. I always thought that AE was a school with class, I was wrong, because of you!

Edited by WesCharge

Turtle...you are a real class act. I hope you stay in the hood forever, because that is were scum like you belongs! And now you play the race card! What an idiot. I will never root for Austin East in anything. I always thought that AE was a school with class, I was wrong, they are just another inner city school on my list, because of you!

I'll sum this up.. AE has never done anything I can think of Women's Basketball wise, I don't see that Changing anytime soon. Just another "almost won" team that wont be anywhere near the 'boro anytime soon. With that fact said. Good luck to both teams this season.

From someone who didn't have a "dog in the fight" during the Heritage / AE girls game. I was just there to see a good game. I was sitting about 5 or 6 rows up behind the AE bench. When Cait went down with her injury, almost immediately the "older" lady assistant coach jumped up and began to clap and encourage the AE girls. I do not believe she was applauding Cait being down ... I believe she realized that her girl had not "caused" the injury and was trying to keep her from feeling like she had. But, the timing was bad and even AE's head coach realized it and told her to stop.

Folks, basketball at this level is a "contact sport" and good players play it hard. Sometimes, in the "heat of the battle" coaches and parents and players lose their cool and make mistakes with their words and actions.

Earlier in the day, when AE and WB boys played ... one of AE's players went up for a dunk, missed it, and got his legs cut out from under him by a WB player. It was absolutely unintentional. The AE kid hung for just a moment from the rim and that was what caused the WB player to run under him. The AE suffered a serious injury to his elbow. During the time the kid was being attended to, AE's coach made some statements from the bench that were uncalled for ... but you know what? Had that been one of my players, in the heat of the moment, with him laying on the ground screaming in agony, I'd probably have said some things also. We're all human ... and we're all imperfect ... and we all lose it sometimes.

As far as what went on in the bleachers behind AE's bench after Cait was injured (police officers had to be called up into the bleachers) ... it was just as much on Heritage fans as it was on AE's. Tempers were flaring on both sides. Both sides deserved a "good scolding" and they got one from a Blount County Police Officer. When she (the officer) walked down to the scorer's table, I heard her say, "We (Heritage) are just as much to blame as Austin East is for this !" I applaud that police officer.

While Cait was lying on the floor being attended to, her dad went down on the floor, checked on her, then stood and glared at the referee. My first response ... "come on dad, your daughter is lying there on the floor, worry about her!". But than I thought it through and put myself in his place. If that had been my daughter, and my thought at that time was that she had been intentionally took down by an AE player (which to be honest, I don't think Cait got took down on the play) ... and she's lying there hurt, I might have punched the referee. That's just being a dad. Earl McMahan is a fine, fine man. Far be it from me to "throw rocks at him" when I live in a "big old glass house myself."

To draw this whole "mini-sermon" to an end. It was a great game. Both teams are excellent. Turtle's dreaming if he thinks the two young AE guards are as good as Cait. They are really, really good ... but not that good. We adults sometimes act like idiots. I CERTAINLY would not want to make this a race issue. I saw plenty of white folks and black folks show a lot of class ... and I also saw alot of both not show very much. Best of luck to both Heritage and Austin East in the remainder of the season. Next to Cait, the player I saw over the two day Kessler Classic that I think is the next big time player from this area is Glory Johnson of Webb. Praying that Cait is ok and I love you Coach Mac.