Heritage over AE

TdTbb

GovMan,

Good post and glad to finally get an unbiased opinion from someone that was there. You are correct about Coach Mac and the emotion that he showed involving his daughter. I'm sure we would all do the same. But on the other hand, I have never quite understood how it is that people and especially parents blame officials when someone gets injured. Most of the time it is not intentional and even if the situation was intentional I just don't see how it is the officials fault. Calling the foul on one play does not stop a kid that is going to foul and try to injure someone on the next play. If there is blame to be placed, it would have to go to the coach and they for sure can stop their players from fouling with the intent to injure someone. Oh well, so much for my preaching. All the best to Cait and hope that she returns soon. Just hope that this knee thing does not follow to the TN as Moshack will keep her on the bench forever just as she did Parker and Fuller and too many others to mention.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two years ago, I watched a very good AA team beat the #1 ranked team in the nation and there was never any comments made from the supporters of this AA team that they should be ranked at all.

Are you saying that AE should be ranked when they didn't even beat the 15th ranked team without their best player? :thumb:

The missed free throws are an indication of lack of fundamentals.

And if you respond with "they just had an off night at the line", then maybe Heritage just had an "off night" overall.

I'm from G'ville and I was at the G'ville - Heritage game the other night. As I said before, Cait is fun to watch. She is obviously a very gifted athlete. I simply cannot understand how anyone can doubt her ability. My wife and I applauded as loudly for Cait the other night as we did for G'ville. Everyone at Greeneville hopes her injury is not serious. We also hope to see her play this Xmas in Greeneville.

When Cait was a sophomore Heritage played in a prestigious Christmas tournament in Ohio. There were girls playing in this tournament who had already signed with Purdue, Ohio State, Stanford, Iowa State and other D1 schools. All of these girls were seniors and Cait was only a sophomore. At that tournament she broke the 3 game scoring record which had previously been held by Sue Bird. Seeing as how Sue Bird is currently in the WNBA I think that pretty much sums it all up on how talented Cait really is. As a sophomore she was breaking records not only in the state of TN but also in Ohio against girls who were fixing to go on and play D1 basketball. In three games she scored a total of 91 points. Cait is greatest ball player I've had the pleasure of knowing. She has class on and off the court.

Gov, I applaud you for coming in here and posting such a Great Post. Thanks for being the peace maker. I'm sure a lot of people didn't know about the boys player that went down earlier during the day. He's alright, he's out six weeks. But back to your post, it took a lot of guts to put everyone in their place. I saw the Policewoman when she came over there and I saw a lot of people clapping while she was leaving. I was wondering what was going on..Thanks for letting me know..

WesCharge, you just proved my point! A lot of people stereotype people when they don't know them. I don't live in the hood and if I did, would it affect you? I pray everyday for people like you!

Volntn- 2005 STATE RUNNER UPS! Nuff Said :thumb: And if you didn't know, Free Throws is an area of concern for the Lady Roadrunners it wasn't an off night that's just something that they need to work on. Did you read the KNS today? It was also posted in there.

To whomever said that they will never cheer for AE for anything, you don't need to let one fan make you think likewise about AE. AE is a good school with a lot of good people around it. Don't judge AE by the way I'm posting on here. I'm just a supporter of AE and nothing else.

I thank all of you for this fun topic. Like someone stated, this was an intense game and I don't think HHS has been apart of something like that. That's why the tension were high.

Please post the details of her injury.

AE beat WEBB tonight!!

Turtle...you are a real class act. I hope you stay in the hood forever, because that is were scum like you belongs! And now you play the race card! What an idiot. I will never root for Austin East in anything. I always thought that AE was a school with class, I was wrong, they are just another inner city school on my list, because of you!

[/quote

Wescharge you are in need of some serious sensitivity training if you think this response is any better than Turtle's.Scum belongs in the hood and inner city schools lack class. :thumb:

Yikes! All of this over a Nov game, I'm just glad titles were not on the line it sounds like you all would have had to let the players sit in the stands and watch the fans fight. Has there every been a close HS game where the refs were not blamed by at least 50% of the fans for being biased. Does it happen? Yes but not as often as most people want to believe. It sounds like HHS was the better team the night they played AE, deal with it, maybe reversed the next time.

Hope all of those players injured for both teams are doing well, what is Caits knee status?

Inner City, Ghetto, Scum, racists; I thought this was a sports discussion form not a

chance to get on a soapbox and call people and maybe kids a bunch of silly names, and make some type of commentary on society based on some comments regarding a game. ;)

CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG! I HOPE SO WE ARE GOING TO BE IN ALOT OF GYMS TOGETHER, MAYBE WE SHOULD TRY TO SET SOME POSITIVE EXAMPLES FOR THE KIDS. :unsure: