Ravenwood vs. Oak Ridge

WarriorFan

Looking forward to this game. I have been to 3 Ravenwood games this year, and can say they are peaking at the right time. Watch out for Dylan Williams at Ravenwood........strong.......quick..........fights for the extra yard. He should send the Ridgeway gamefilm to colleges.....definitely impressive! What can you not say about TC Jennings! Kudos as well to the defense in holding Ridgeways Crawford to under 100 yards! The defense will be a force to be reckoned with for Oak Ridge. It is amazing for Ravenwood to even be here after just 3 season in the "big dance"! Ravenwood has lots of weapons....including the offensive line. I look forward to working a camera for this game. :thumb:

Edited by Brandon100

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will say one thing, 'if' you concentrate on SG his 'little' Brother will kill you with the pass! To me Conner was the star of the game last Friday night.

I was lucky enough to congratulate SG, but I didn't get a chance to do the same with Conner unfortunately. Well I will make up for it now. Conner, congratulations! You played a heck of a game against R'dale. :thumb:

I forsee a "Mr Football" nomination at the very least in his future he is so good.

Like I said Ravenwood, Conner is the one you BETTER watch every play.

Can anyone educate those of us who don`t know with a brief history on Ravenwood? I see that it`s located in Brentwood and has over 1100 kids. What school(s) were their students originally zoned to? Thanks.

They were established in the school year of 2002-2003 and their first year of football they started out playing JV which they were about 5-5. Then the year after they played some varsity. That year they went 3-7. The year after they had seniors on the team so they were able to compete. They went 7-3 in the regular season and that year they beat beat gallatin in the playoffs and lost to brentwood in the second round so they went a total of 8-4. This year they went 9-1 in the regular season and as of right now they are 13-1 with their only loss being to brentwood academy the first game of the season. There biggest rival is Brentwood which the total series between those two teams is 3-2 with Ravenwood on top. Franklin is there other rival although it is smaller then Brentwood (not by a whole lot). There total series is 2-2. Both of RHS's wins came this year over franklin and easily their toughest wins this year was both franklin games. You can also say there is just a small spark between centennial and page. Centennial series is 1-2 in favor of centennial. and i think the page series is 2-1, ravenwood. That is a brief history for ravenwood

THis could be the worst game on the carpet this year-if oak ridge plays like they are capable of this game may not even be close-but this is for state championship and ravenwood should come out playing their best ball of the year which i expect they will but oak ridge will to-oak ridge will eventually wear out ravenwood in the second half and never look book-

Oak Ridge-28

Ravenwood-7