Ravenwood vs. Oak Ridge

WarriorFan

Congratulations to Ravenwood, you guys were excellent and your fans and players showed alot of class. In my opinion football is a simple game, it comes down to blocking, tackling, and running; Ravenwood did all three of these better than us Sat. night. I tip my cap to the Ravenwood Raptors, Congratulations!

I hate to see either team lose for reasons that should be obvious to anyone paying attention.....the Cats had a great year as well.....congrats to Stanton and the entire Wildcat organization....he was a great hire and I'm proud to be Ridger....and just as proud to be a Raptor

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to Ravenwood, you guys were excellent and your fans and players showed alot of class. In my opinion football is a simple game, it comes down to blocking, tackling, and running; Ravenwood did all three of these better than us Sat. night. I tip my cap to the Ravenwood Raptors, Congratulations!

I hate to see either team lose for reasons that should be obvious to anyone paying attention...The Cats had a great year....congrats to Stanton and the entire Wildcat organization...he was a terrific hire....I'm proud to be a Ridger and just as proud to be a Raptor

Is it bitterness towards Jack Daniels leaving RHS coaching or is it just not knowing the facts? Tell me you don't notice that Rwood and Bwood run the same spread offense. We like to call it "Jack Ball". As I remember it Jack was 1st head coach and athletic director at Rwood before turning over the football coaching to Rector and staying on one more year as AD. He's at BHS at 3:30 for football practice but still draws his paycheck teaching at Ravenwood. Saying Daniels had no influence on the Rwood program is like saying you'll be the same team next year without Jennings, Williams, Marshall, Becker and the rest of the seniors. Enjoy your gold football and understand that there's plenty of credit to go around.

I am an outsider, could care less about who won, but Ravenwood won the state title and people are calling it bitterness towards a former coach. Jack Daniels deserves NO credit for this title except in any influence he might have had in hiring of coach Rector. I can assure you that this is not bitterness toward anyone, but coach Rector has been at the helm for two years and it is HIS team, his state title and not JD's. The funny thing to me about the game was all the posters that said that the real championship game was a week earlier between OR and Riverdale. Interesting nither team won it. Congratulations Ravenwood and Coach Rector from a football fan in West TN.

Do these people want to give JD credit for Franklin's success last year? I would just llike to say that Williamson county has a ton of tallent and unless JD has been sellilng his genetics for 17 years or so, He is NOT responsible.

Bitterness....I don't know him....we've been here two years and RHS has won 3 out of the only 4 games I've seen....why would anyone be bitter.....you're "Jack Ball" is doing fine...keep up the good work

Credit...I guess that's the problem....seems like there's always someone from BHS that wants to take credit or share their thoughts regarding the Raptors......to say Daniels put his stamp on this team is an insult to this staff and the players.......

Daniels....I think he was a coach here....and maybe he did leave a playbook behind....so what? I've been around football a long time....I don't recal Daniels being the original architect of the Spread Offense. I also understand he teaches at Ravenwood.....and that means what? Saying he put a stamp on this program is like saying the constructions workers that built the team dressing room deserve credit.......

Nest years team will be different....as will be all of next years teams.....and they may or may not run the same offense....I guess we can all look forward to Daniels putting his stamp on that team as well.....because he coached here a few years back....and his check comes from our school.

Brentwood turned in equipment weeks ago.....as hard as it may be......move out of the light.....quitely plan for next years "Jack Ball" and allow this Ravenwood team to take their due....!

So far every post from a BHS fan has started with congratulations to the Raps and thanks for bringing the gold ball back to Brentwood, Williamson County and Region 6. They have all been answered with replies of this guy "didn't do squat" and "spitting garbage". Ravenwood finished in the state's top 5, just as Murphy Fair and the Tennessean predicted they would this preseason so lets put the "no respect" card away. Calm down and enjoy your kids (and coaches if you must) accomplishments and stop worrying about what the Bruins fans are saying. We'll see you next September 15. Until then have a great off-season.

I cannot believe the ingratidue of some of the Raptor posters.

I guess the bitterness still exists that he wanted to coach his son his last two years at BHS and his offer of help to Ron Crawford.

For those who are historically challenged, may I remind you that Coach Daniels was your first AD and head coach, was hired by Pam Vaden and was instructed by Pam Vaden to get the program off the ground. He was somewhat bushwhacked into coaching by her, as he just wanted to be the AD. He STARTED the program from scratch. He hired Brian Rector and the staff, with the full intent of turning it over to him after the first two years. That was accomplished and the results speak for themselves.

Now to question his role, involvement, or his pride in seeing two teams he was deeply associated with win state championships is just plain petty.

I remember seeing him leave Brentwood's championship game with tears in his eyes. Do you not think he felt similarly proud and a particular joy for the players and coaches after Ravenwood's victory?

Whether or not you agree is not the point. It doesn't change the facts. But what is sad is to think that those before you bear no credit for the foundation of success you have today.

So far every post from a BHS fan has started with congratulations to the Raps and thanks for bringing the gold ball back to Brentwood, Williamson County and Region 6. They have all been answered with replies of this guy "didn't do squat" and "spitting garbage". Ravenwood finished in the state's top 5, just as Murphy Fair and the Tennessean predicted they would this preseason so lets put the "no respect" card away. Calm down and enjoy your kids (and coaches if you must) accomplishments and stop worrying about what the Bruins fans are saying. We'll see you next September 15. Until then have a great off-season.

(and coaches if you must)....even in your "let's all be friends" dribble....you still can't find a way to respect this staff.....truly unfortunate!

I guess the bitterness still exists that he wanted to coach his son his last two years at BHS and his offer of help to Ron Crawford.

For those who are historically challenged, may I remind you that Coach Daniels was your first AD and head coach, was hired by Pam Vaden and was instructed by Pam Vaden to get the program off the ground. He was somewhat bushwhacked into coaching by her, as he just wanted to be the AD. He STARTED the program from scratch. He hired Brian Rector and the staff, with the full intent of turning it over to him after the first two years. That was accomplished and the results speak for themselves.

Now to question his role, involvement, or his pride in seeing two teams he was deeply associated with win state championships is just plain petty.

I remember seeing him leave Brentwood's championship game with tears in his eyes. Do you not think he felt similarly proud and a particular joy for the players and coaches after Ravenwood's victory?

Whether or not you agree is not the point. It doesn't change the facts. But what is sad is to think that those before you bear no credit for the foundation of success you have today.

Bitter.....what's the deal with you BHS guys....why do you always assume the Ravenwood community is heatrtbroken that he left.....in my two years here, I've never heard anyone indicate that they wished Daniels was still here.....and I've never met the man. I do think it's really cool that he wanted to spend his sons last two years of high school ball coaching his team. I can respect that!

I understand he did hire Rector...and may have actually hired some staff members...certainly not all of them.....and most of the kids like him...I'm sure he's good people. ....that's not my point at all.....TO SOMEHOW INDICATE THAT HE HAS PUT A DANIELS STAMP ON THIS TEAM IS INSULTING TO THIS STAFF.

and that's my only point

LEt me two my two cents in here, without reading the post for the last 21 pages.

I had the chance to watch OAk Ridge and Ravenwood during the year. The difference Sat Night was OAk Ridges Coaches were Outclassed and outcoached. The CURRENT Coaches of Ravenwood not the previous, but the current coaches stopped Guilmire and that stopped Oak Ridge. Ravenwood beat them upfront and the coaches convinced them they could beat OAk Ridge and they did. I am not a Ravenwood fan nor an OAk Ridge one, But I rooted for OAk Ridge.

The atheletes were close in talent, the teams were close in talent and maybe Oak Ridge had the edge( they did on paper anyway) but Ravenwood believed and executed a plan that Oak Ridge Never caught up on.

DId OAk Ridge look past Ravenwood, maybe, that game Friday night in Oak Ridge was a boomer and afterwards the feeling in Oak Ridge was noone could get in the way this year.

Spencer Guilmires greatest strength was speed, yet the Oak Ridge coaches kept running him up the middle???? PLay the game again and maybe OAk Ridge wins but Sat Night when it mattered The players, Fans and Coaches of Ravenwood earned and own the State Championship.

Bitterness....I don't know him....we've been here two years and RHS has won 3 out of the only 4 games I've seen....why would anyone be bitter.....you're "Jack Ball" is doing fine...keep up the good work

Credit...I guess that's the problem....seems like there's always someone from BHS that wants to take credit or share their thoughts regarding the Raptors......to say Daniels put his stamp on this team is an insult to this staff and the players.......

Daniels....I think he was a coach here....and maybe he did leave a playbook behind....so what? I've been around football a long time....I don't recal Daniels being the original architect of the Spread Offense. I also understand he teaches at Ravenwood.....and that means what? Saying he put a stamp on this program is like saying the constructions workers that built the team dressing room deserve credit.......

Nest years team will be different....as will be all of next years teams.....and they may or may not run the same offense....I guess we can all look forward to Daniels putting his stamp on that team as well.....because he coached here a few years back....and his check comes from our school.

Brentwood turned in equipment weeks ago.....as hard as it may be......move out of the light.....quitely plan for next years "Jack Ball" and allow this Ravenwood team to take their due....!

Why take this guy seriously when he makes this comment? He can't even decide when to end a sentence, but he has to let it trail off.... and off.... and off.... into the distance.

Allow me to share this final thought so you understand my perspective....I was a member of the committee that hired Joe Gattis in Oak Ridge in the late 80's.......at no time did it ever occure to me..... (that by having an impact on which coach was hired...or because I coached most of the kids on the 91 team in their development years.....) never occured to me or anyone else in the Ridge that I somehow deserved or wanted any credit for the championship in 91....(didn't matter how much credit there was to go around)......Nobody indicated that Coach Young, Coach Hale, Coach Martin, Coach Armstrong...or anyone else, put their stamp on that program.....Joe...his staff and players....got the credit they so richly deserved.

Lots of Class.....unlike some BHS folks who seem to think the credit should go elsewhere...just because they had been a coach or that they had an impact on who was hired....! The only credit goes to the Raptor organization.....period