Baylor

johnnyboy

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats not what I have heard, I'm thinking a local private school coach might get the nod, I'm not going to speculate, but I wouldn't be surprised if a certain Irish coach wasn't approached.

Just a thought on this job - GARY RANKIN. If my sources are correct, Rankin could retire from the state and take the Baylor job.

Does anyone know if this is true?

Nice subtle try-- Rutledge is not interested. Why would he be?

You tell me why would Rutledge not be interested in the Baylor job? Who knows what motivates people, it could be money, Baylor is a boarding school, academics, a much larger (double or triple) endowment, etc... To be honest I had not given any thought to Rutledge but since you brought up his name you must know something that we don't.

You tell me why would Rutledge not be interested in the Baylor job? Who knows what motivates people, it could be money, Baylor is a boarding school, academics, a much larger (double or triple) endowment, etc... To be honest I had not given any thought to Rutledge but since you brought up his name you must know something that we don't.

MBA has everything Baylor has with the exception of boarders and females -- and MBA's salary is probably allowing him to feed his family pretty well.

I'll be shocked if he even looks in Chattanooga's direction.

MBA has everything Baylor has with the exception of boarders and females -- and MBA's salary is probably allowing him to feed his family pretty well.

I'll be shocked if he even looks in Chattanooga's direction.

Wes Wes Wes Wes,

I too would be shocked if Jeff took the job a Baylor but to say that MBA has everything that Baylor does is crazy. Have you seen the size of Baylor's campus or noticed how much larger Baylor's endowment is compared to MBA's? Baylor also has much better facilities than MBA's, which is saying alot.

Look if Baylor decides to get into a spending war the only school that could compete would be McCallie.

Edited by cbg

Wes Wes Wes Wes,

I too would be shocked if Jeff took the job a Baylor but to say that MBA has everything that Baylor does is crazy. Have you seen the size of Baylor's campus or noticed how much larger Baylor's endowment is compared to MBA's? Baylor also has much better facilities than MBA's, which is saying alot.

Look if Baylor decides to get into a spending war the only school that could compete would be McCallie.

So does anyone know about the salaries there, just curious?

Wes Wes Wes Wes,

I wouldn't be so sure that McCallie is the only DII school that could compete, but that is not what this is about..

The fact that a spending war determines who coaches where in high school football is just sad, from alums giving money or whatever else you can think of.. what is high school football coming to?

This is the side of DII football I do not like personally, I know that it happens in DI as well- but unfortunately in DII money is controlling and alums are the real employers.

Just my two cents.