Baylor

johnnyboy

To All:

In 1991, all my relatives in Middle TN said not to even show up for the championship game...Gallatin was just too, too tough.

The folks in Winchester had a different view: They knew both teams and said the championship game would be no prob for OR.

Sure, those who react right after a game sometimes say things they over react in saying. In that case, many years ago, they were correct.

This year, we don't have a common demonimator like Winchester. Still, in '91, OR did NOT go into the game at Vandy with big heads. They will not go to MTSU with big heads and I am sure Ravenwood will not go in with big heads. Both teams have ???? about the other and only the game will tell the answer.

I cannot say much about Ravenwood since I have not seen them play! And, even with that, I have not seen their opponents quality. This holds true pretty much both ways.

That is why I am going to the game. It is settled there! Fair enough?

I do hope for both teams the weather is good even if rain is predicted. I don't want a game to go to "luck" when two fine teams are fighting for the win. Sure, a fumble here or there...a stripped ball, an interception...that is football but I don't want the weather to put a bit of bad or good fortune in the game. Let the kids play it out fairly.

BTW...how is the turf at MTSU? Is this a decent surface?

May the best team win by skill and ability. Go Wildcats! Dart.

Last night on Sport Talk 102.3 they said there are three name thus Far and they are Riverdale, CPA, & MTSU coaches that have shown interest. I know Rankin has been flirting with the idea of leaving Riverdale from the past season. He has made Riverdale a Dynasty with 4 State Championships in his tenure and has reached the Mountain Top in 5A. IMO this is what the Baylor School needs just the name will bring the athletes from all over Chattanooga and the State of Tennessee to play for a soon to be legend.

Edited by SergeantOwl22

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wes Wes Wes Wes,

I too would be shocked if Jeff took the job a Baylor but to say that MBA has everything that Baylor does is crazy. Have you seen the size of Baylor's campus or noticed how much larger Baylor's endowment is compared to MBA's? Baylor also has much better facilities than MBA's, which is saying alot.

Look if Baylor decides to get into a spending war the only school that could compete would be McCallie.

I was speaking with regard to the intangibles, not facilities or endowment. Nashville is Rutledge's home, and MBA has been very good to him in more than just the salary department. I'm with you: he's not going anywhere.

Btw, I have been to Baylor's campus, and I was very impressed.

Rutledge has sent his kids to high school and college in Nashville. When he was QB coach at Vandy Al Groh offered him a position with the New York Jets and later with the Virginia Cavaliers....

If Rutledge turned down the Jets and Cavs to stay with the Vandy football community I am pretty sure he will stay put at MBA.

I know that Baylor has talked to David Pack (former CPA head coach, now at Ensworth). From a person in the Baylor community I heard that they talked to Rankin once, and said thanks but no thanks.

I think Pack would seriously consider this job, and do not be surprised if he gets current Davidson Academy coach Paul Wade to be his top asst. if he went to Baylor.