Final Poll--3A Top 10

OldCatFan

I'll give this a shot:

1.) Livingston Academy: the slipper fit because Cinderella won it all in 2005

2.) David Lipscomb: the all-time winningest 2A team went all the way in 3A debut

3.) Notre Dame: a great team that advanced all the way to the semis before losing

4.) Lexington: only loss of the year came in the quarterfinals vs Lipscomb

5.) Knoxville Catholic: didn't win it all but they did beat everyone on the schedule

6.) Dyersburg: unbeaten and ranked #1 throughout the regular season

7.) Covington: west-TN's 3A powerhouse made another deep playoff run in 2005

8.) Fulton: the Falcons didn't 3-Peat but they sure did play well down the stretch

9.) Creek Wood: the Red Hawks had a memorable year in year number three

10.) Pearl-Cohn: overcame tragedy and had a solid season in their 3A debut.

I agree with all but I think KC 4

Cov5

lex 6

dyersburg7

Covington did at least score against DL

Lexington did not

And Dyersburg fell early. Real early.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest catfish-hunter

I agree with all but I think KC 4

Cov5

lex 6

dyersburg7

Covington did at least score against DL

Lexington did not

And Dyersburg fell early. Real early.

You see titans89 this is what is called an OPINION. AandO did not get all bent out of shape because my opinion differed from his.

I'll give this a shot:

1.) Livingston Academy: the slipper fit because Cinderella won it all in 2005

2.) David Lipscomb: the all-time winningest 2A team went all the way in 3A debut

3.) Notre Dame: a great team that advanced all the way to the semis before losing

4.) Lexington: only loss of the year came in the quarterfinals vs Lipscomb

5.) Knoxville Catholic: didn't win it all but they did beat everyone on the schedule

6.) Dyersburg: unbeaten and ranked #1 throughout the regular season

7.) Covington: west-TN's 3A powerhouse made another deep playoff run in 2005

8.) Fulton: the Falcons didn't 3-Peat but they sure did play well down the stretch

9.) Creek Wood: the Red Hawks had a memorable year in year number three

10.) Pearl-Cohn: overcame tragedy and had a solid season in their 3A debut.

I agree with your post.You could probably mix 4 and 5, and 6 and 7 any way you wanted and would would still be a pretty good poll. Its true Lexington didnt score on DL, but the starting QB got to play a whole 3 downs at QB that game, and they lost Kevis Buckley thier most explosive player and 1 of the best CBs in 3a in the second quarter. Dyersburg lost at the worst time to a Sheffield team that was a lot better than thier record. If Dyersburg and Convington played 2 more times it would probably be a 1-1 split.

Just for fun--lets see all of us EXPERTS final top 10. I'll go first and get everyone rilled up!!! 1. LA (Who else?) 2. Fulton (Tie) 2. Knox Catholic (Tie) 4. Austin East 5. Knox Carter 6.Notre Dame 7. David Lipscomb 8. White House(Tie) 8. Greenbrier(Tie) 10. Anderson County(Tie) 10. Dyersburg(Tie) Any arguments?

Out of all of those teams, I was not impressed with Knox Carter. THey had an impressive record, but were from a very weak region. The wildcats did barely squeek by them, but I still don't know if Carter is a top 10 team. However, there are several teams from Livingston's region that could be top 10.

1.) Livingston Academy

2.) Notre Dame

3.) Knox Catholic

4.) Fulton

5.) Austin East

6.) David Lipscomb

7.) Anderson County

8.) White House

9.) Dyersburg

10.) White House

Edited by kick4pat

Guest catfish-hunter

Out of all of those teams, I was not impressed with Knox Carter. THey had an impressive record, but were from a very weak region. The wildcats did barely squeek by them, but I still don't know if Carter is a top 10 team. However, there are several teams from Livingston's region that could be top 10.

1.) Livingston Academy

2.) Notre Dame

3.) Knox Catholic

4.) Fulton

5.) Austin East

6.) David Lipscomb

7.) Anderson County

8.) White House

9.) Dyersburg

10.) White House

You have WH at #8 and #10 :thumb:

You see titans89 this is what is called an OPINION. AandO did not get all bent out of shape because my opinion differed from his.

I'm not bent out of shape.Again all I did was state a FACT....White House made it to the quarter finals that makes them a top 10 team regardless of record.No one asked for your opinion on the subject either but when someone disagrees with the mighty catfish you fire back like you actually have a clue.YOU DONT!!!! I'll take facts over opinions any day, it makes for better conversation :thumb:

1.) Livingston Academy

2.) Notre Dame

3.) Knox Catholic

4.) Fulton

5.) Austin East

6.) David Lipscomb

7.) Anderson County

8.) White House

9.) Dyersburg

10.) White House

Yeah, I probally gave them too much credit. I was judging them on the LA game. I didn't see the game but have since been told they were not that good. I'd drop them down to #10 if I picked again! I still think Catholic, Fulton, or AE would beat Notre Dame.

Guest catfish-hunter

I'm not bent out of shape.Again all I did was state a FACT....White House made it to the quarter finals that makes them a top 10 team regardless of record.No one asked for your opinion on the subject either but when someone disagrees with the mighty catfish you fire back like you actually have a clue.YOU DONT!!!! I'll take facts over opinions any day, it makes for better conversation :thumb:

:)

Not going to get me rilled up. Just will state that it does not matter what the rankings say. Two teams got the trophies. Livingston is #1, DL is #2, and both have the hardware to prove it. Any other rankings are pointless at this time.

Agreed!! This PRE-ranking everyone for next year is only typing practice...one particular poster here wants to keep predicting things he didn't get right last year...so how accurate is that?

Football is over....move to the gym.