Where are the best Christmas Tourneys

jamieroper

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Candace Parker is from Illinois. She did not go to Narbonne (although many good players did matriculate there).... :thumb:

I am stupid I did know that I think I meant Gatewood but I think she just quit the team up there on the hill so I guess that is who I was thinking of. The Lady Lions also might try a train ride from New York on Wed when we don't play to go to Philadelphia and watch the Lady Vols play Temple. Hopefully a trip for the girls to remember. We play on Tues. Thurs. and Friday irregardless of wins or losses.

Since I know that Richland cannot win the tournament, I hope Loretta does. However, they will have to play Lauderdale County in the semi's and then the winner of East Lawrence/Deshler in the finals. That is a long row to hoe. I really hope they put a beating on Lauderdale County. That may depend on whether LCHS's point guard is back. She got hurt at the Ardmore Christmas Tourney. Without her, LCHS has no chance and I believe very little chance with her. LCHS has some good young talent but not enough to beat Loretta. They basically go 5 deep (4 deep without the point guard). Loretta and Deshler are probably about the same size school. Deshler is rough and will try to beat Cross up inside. Good luck Loretta, bring home the Trophy. Good luck Richland, hopefully you can get 2 or 3 wins from the tourney. God bless everyone and Merry Christmas.

lol... could you please stop saying Loretta

LORETTO

Richland is flying to China to play in the Chinese New Years Basketball Tourament. They have been talking with a 17 year old girl from over there that is 6'7" tall and weighs 240. She plays point guard for her team but will probably play center for Richland. She is coming over as an exchange student after Christmas and will begin playing in January. She is a junior and plans on moving here to play her senior year also. WOW. :thumb:

Sorre, we aint too edumacated over hear round Pulaski. I have done that several times. I look forward to seeing them play. Have a good Christmas :thumb:

lol... we aren't too edumacated in loretto either :thumb:

I just get tired of seein that... People always assume it's Loretta because that's how you pronounce it... Merry Christmas to you too!

Shootmoore, why don't you refrain from making your judgemental comments on the boards about where teams choose to go play their holiday tournaments at..It's great and wonderful that a bunch of uppety up's want to take their teams out of town and away from Christmas get togethers for over night stays just to be able to say, "we went in played some teams that are ranked in the top 25 by the USA today"...who cares? You gave your OPINION about teams playing in the Lauderdale County tournament and them needing to play "real" teams, so i'll give you my opinion of CC and others traveling long distances to play over the holidays. Number one it's a VACATION, and I don't recollect which screen name called it that but it was referred to as a vacation, while at the same time you are all wanting to scream: COMPETITION, AND BIG TEAMS instead of the person that just straight up called it what it is...VACATION..also someone threw in the Lady Vols vs. Temple game and it being a memorable experience. It will be a wonderful experience, but you don't have to claim to be taken your team off hundreds of miles away to "play in a christmas tournament against top notch teams" to do that. Just take them to Knoxville to a UT game and keep it simple. Also, you people think that people around here don't realize that you all jet off to these out of state tournaments and NEVER come back with good results...so what, you went and travelled (x) amount of miles away and got your tails kicked 2,3, or 4 times. What have you accomplished? Unless your team wins the State Tournament when March rolls around then their needs to be no over night and hundreds of miles trips taken to "play somebody real" b/c if you can't win the TENNESSEE state tournament, then obviously you have "ALL THE COMPETITION, and REAL GAMES" you need right here in the Great Volunteer state of TENNESSEE!!! So, like I said, cut the better than everybody else attitude toward where teams choose to play their holiday tournaments, and win you a state tournament IN TENNESSEE and then i'll give you the glory and the prestiege you want about travelling miles and miles to play on Christmas Break!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS to everyone and a Happy New Year!!! :thumb:

Edited by ntd4lhs

Shootmoore, why don't you refrain from making your judgemental comments on the boards about where teams choose to go play their holiday tournaments at..It's great and wonderful that a bunch of uppety up's want to take their teams out of town and away from Christmas get togethers for over night stays just to be able to say, "we went in played some teams that are ranked in the top 25 by the USA today"...who cares? You gave your OPINION about teams playing in the Lauderdale County tournament and them needing to play "real" teams, so i'll give you my opinion of CC and others traveling long distances to play over the holidays. Number one it's a VACATION, and I don't recollect which screen name called it that but it was referred to as a vacation, while at the same time you are all wanting to scream: COMPETITION, AND BIG TEAMS instead of the person that just straight up called it what it is...VACATION..also someone threw in the Lady Vols vs. Temple game and it being a memorable experience. It will be a wonderful experience, but you don't have to claim to be taken your team off hundreds of miles away to "play in a christmas tournament against top notch teams" to do that. Just take them to Knoxville to a UT game and keep it simple. Also, you people think that people around here don't realize that you all jet off to these out of state tournaments and NEVER come back with good results...so what, you went and travelled (x) amount of miles away and got your tails kicked 2,3, or 4 times. What have you accomplished? Unless your team wins the State Tournament when March rolls around then their needs to be no over night and hundreds of miles trips taken to "play somebody real" b/c if you can't win the TENNESSEE state tournament, then obviously you have "ALL THE COMPETITION, and REAL GAMES" you need right here in the Great Volunteer state of TENNESSEE!!! So, like I said, cut the better than everybody else attitude toward where teams choose to play their holiday tournaments, and win you a state tournament IN TENNESSEE and then i'll give you the glory and the prestiege you want about travelling miles and miles to play on Christmas Break!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS to everyone and a Happy New Year!!! :thumb:

I was just simply answering(my opinion) the question asked at the start of this thread. The question," What are the best Christmas tourneys?" I believe they are the tourneys with the best teams. Just my opinion. Just like you gave your opinion. Nothing aginst Loretto or Richland or anyone else who plays in any other tourney. Good luck to all Tennessee teams where ever they are playing at!!!!!Merry Christmas!!!!