Girls Single A AP Poll

uknow22

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, maybe I should communicate in complete sentences and questions.

What do you mean by the comment: JC should go back to 2A where they had some degree of success?

Are you being sarcastic, witty, confused, or just clueless?

Believe me, everybody in "A" wish JC could go back to "AA", but it isn't because they can't be successful at the "A" level.

When they start collecting Gold Balls in "A" to go with those already in the case they got in "AA" you'll see what I mean!!!

Now there's the "WORD" for you!

Ok, maybe I should communicate in complete sentences and questions.

What do you mean by the comment: JC should go back to 2A where they had some degree of success?

When they start collecting Gold Balls in "A" to go with those already in the case they got in "AA" you'll see what I mean!!!

Now there's the "WORD" for you!

yeah, but they were better in 2A, had some quality players.. That's probably why they are down to 1A now B) because the numbers are down and within those numbers are less quality players.. 1A will be difficult for them no doubt :thumb:

I don't they can take the pressure that they'll see from WEST TN clubs should they

be fortunate enough to make it to the "BORO"

WORD UP!! B)

You will have to excuse redbirdfan....he is an escapee from the local mental institution! HE has no clue about what it takes to win state championships. The only one that he is familiar with happened 20 years ago, when they wore their socks up around their kneecaps. He thinks a certain school in a certain county has a basketball team that canwin one those gold balls. He is living on Wisteria Lane, and is lost!

Redbirdfan, lets hear your state championship predictions...who beats who in each classification?

Probably:

A South Fulton over Union City

AA Obion County over Dyer Co

AAA Mumford over Cannon Whitby?

You are living in the past man!!!!!!!!!!!!

at Watertown W 58-29

Culleoka W 73-8

at Smith Co. W 52-47

Sullivan East W 60-29

McMinn Co. W 59-50

at Upperman L 45-52

Clarkrange W 46-38

Hermitage Springs W 86-27

Pickett Co. W 77-37

at Red Boiling Springs W 50-46

at Monterey W 75-25

Cookeville L 38-48

Grundy Co. W 61-48

Cumberland Co. W 48-44

Livingston Academy W 59-44

Upperman L 37-42

Morrow,GA L 29-42

Kenton Ridge, OH W 37-34

Suncoast, FL W 51-45

at Cookeville W 42-31

Livingston Academy W 44-37

Would you please step forward if you don't think JC has had a successful season so far.

Did you just start following girls basketball in January or What???

Gleason should be #1, They by far and away played the toughest schedule non-district this season.. Jackson Co. needs to go back to 2A where they had some degree of success B)

This is what happens when you take drugs kids so "JUST SAY NO"! Gleason's schedule is ranked 77th. SEVENTY SEVENTH??? (to quote a famous coach) PLAYOFFS? PLAYOFFS? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

JACKSON COUNTY'S SCHEDULE IS RANKED 1ST. The toughest in the state in Class A.

As for having success, well we'll soon find out come March now won't we! Just hope you get in the opposite bracket from Jackson County or otherwise you'll have no chance at the silver ball. Wait a minute, Clarkrange will be in the other bracket so you have no chance at a Gold or Silver ball. In fact the best you can hope for is to meet them in the semi's that way you'll get one of those banners to hang in your gym that says "State Semi Finalist" instead of "State Tournament Participant". :)B)B)

Edited by devilfanatic

These polls are a joke. The #9 and #10 teams should be 1/2. It won't matter in the end the only poll that will matter will be the last one and that will be the one with the gold ball winner. B)

i don't know if c-range belongs anymore.long as their game centers around into thee post-into the post the post is inadaquate too much talent on the team going to waste.post fouled out early in upperman game c-range won by 15.don't think they would have won going to post.post player is an ok player but cannot carry a team.

You will have to excuse redbirdfan....he is an escapee from the local mental institution! HE has no clue about what it takes to win state championships. The only one that he is familiar with happened 20 years ago, when they wore their socks up around their kneecaps. He thinks a certain school in a certain county has a basketball team that canwin one those gold balls. He is living on Wisteria Lane, and is lost!

Redbirdfan, lets hear your state championship predictions...who beats who in each classification?

Probably:

A South <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=159&SportID=2' target='_blank'>Fulton</a> over Union City

AA Obion County over Dyer Co

AAA Mumford over Cannon Whitby?

You are living in the past man!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/

Wes Charge you may be right about Redbird fan..I saw a post he made in the boys about U.C. and Humboldt were the top two teams and Lake Co and Halls were catching up..News flash..Lake Co has never been behind...U.C. is the favorite and with Lake Co beating Trenton and Humboldt heads up..I would have to put U.C. and Lake Co the top two..at least for now..so I assummed he was from either U.C. or Humboldt...then I saw this post and thought he must be from Gleason since he's picking Gleason so high..and I'm not disagreeing with that but the statement about Jackson Co..well I believe you are right..is he from Humboldt,U.C.or Bolivar?..if you know what I mean

Edited by mrbigster

If I were a Coalfield fan, I would have last years's memory of a state appearence permenantly engrained into your memory.

Discussing last years results is a healthy way to take off the fact Oliver Springs is in single A & will be the champs out of the distrcit 4A, region 2A, and host a sub state game.

The real question is, can Coalfiled beat out Oneida, Greenback, and other Single A teams in the region to qualify for traveling to a good team ( Cloudland or Unaka) in the sub state in hoping for an upset in Upper East Tennesee to advance to the Final 8 In Moboro.

Forget the polls, forget last year, the scenerio I listed above is how all Coalfield's season will be played out.

Coalfield has to essentially win their district semifinal tourney game against Oneida and claim the 2 seed for the region tourney for them to advance out of the region this year. By doing this, they will play the 3 seed from District 3 ( Rockwood, Harriman, Midway). This game is a probable win.

Even if Coalfield loses to Oneida in the battle of 2-3 seeds in the distritct tourney, the Jackets should still breeze past the 2 seed from district 3. However, they will play Oliver Springs which will equate to season over for the Coalfield.

The key to both Coalifield's & Oneida's season to get out of the region is to win their district tourney ggame against each other in the distrcit semifinal. The winner will avoid playing Oliver Springs in the regional semifinal, but the loser will be sent home in the regional semifinal by the Lady Cats.

However, a very good Greenback teams stands in the way of Onieda & Coalfield in the semifinals of the region tourney. If Onieda & Coalfield wins this regional game, they still meet OS in the Region Championship. A loss is to be expected again & traveling to upper East Tennessee to play a very good Cloudland team on their home floor is in order to qualify for Mboro again.

As I said, just because you were there last year, doesn't mean you should ride those accolades into thinking you have a free pass again this year. With the additions of state powers Jackson County & Oliver Springs, and along with power Clarkrange, Single A basketball is a lot tougher this year.

91 why are you so obsessed with Coalfield? Coalfield has a chance, as much as Oneida and Greenback. They beat Oneida Friday, face Greenback a little later and O.S. again at the Cat house (an appropriate name for their gym). So what if they are in this poll, it matters none. A logical reason is basing on what they had returning and where they were last year. They have played well for a change that being Friday night and won when the needed to win.

Yeah, I agree, single A is a lot tougher now that AA schools got to drop down like O.S. rejoice in the lower class, you may be back up in AA in '09. How proud you must be that you can beat a school three times smaller. Kinda like UT playing Alabama Birmingham in football huh? Satisfying.