I hate this board

Poundingpurplepeople

I can see both sides of the argument on this board. I've played sports ever since I can remember. I've also been in band for a couple of years, and I can tell you, band is just as hard as any sport I have ever played. Not just mentally, but (yes it's true) physically. I want to see you who say it's not hard go to band camp for a week, spend countless hours outside marching, endless hours inside doing rehersals, and learning form people you don't even know. Then I want to hear what you have to say.

And, if you want to go further, I know of many people who are active in sports, and also play in band. So don't just take my word for it.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually im an allstate cross country runner as well as an allstate band alternate (crossing my fingers that someone gets sick lol) and to me it was just as hard to make allstate for band as it was for cross country. band takes just as much practice and work as any sport does if not more. dont talk about stuff u know nothing about. im a musician as well as an athlete so i can talk. u cant because u have not had to go through a day where u have to play ur instrument for 12 straight hours or a 3 day weekend with 5 5 hour rehersals and a concert at the end of it

Dude cross country...c'mon man...Band camp you may work hard and play music for 8 hours a day in the 90 degree humid air....At football camp your outside 8 hours a day in that same 90 degree heat with atleast a helmet on beating the crap out of each other...not to mention the temperature with a full football uniform is is about 30 degrees hotter...

Dude cross country...c'mon man...Band camp you may work hard and play music for 8 hours a day in the 90 degree humid air....At football camp your outside 8 hours a day in that same 90 degree heat with atleast a helmet on beating the crap out of each other...not to mention the temperature with a full football uniform is is about 30 degrees hotter...

Hey no arguement from me...IMO Football is the toughest sport in high school. But band camp is tought too. I played football and marched enjoyed band better but love football also. I dont think anyone would say band is harder than football but if golf is a sport so is band.

1. Golf is a sport

2. Band is not a sport

3. I am in the jazz and concert band and play basketball and soccer and I have no idea where these people are coming from who say band is more taxing or whatever. Now it may take as much time to be good. I don't dispute that for one minute, because I know how hard it to practice even when you don't want to for long hours (band and sports). But comparing "band camp" or "marching band" to the physical activity of atheletics? That's a joke.

4. There have been comments on here about how at some schools people are more interested in the band than the football team. O.K., maybe a few, but not one of those schools has a good football team. The band gets the interest by default.

5. I'm not hating on band, and I'm glad this board is here, even though it really doesn't belong on a sports site, because it gives me something to do ;)

I can't believe there is even a thread for band on here.....HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Since when did band become a sport? And as for people going to football games just to see he band play....are there actually people doing that who are not related to or know someone in the band? I play sports and instruments, but I could never picture myself going to a football game just to see the band play. This whole thread is just hilarious!!!!!

• 1 month later...

1. How is golf a sport...it's a skill. You don't have to be athletic to be a golfer, an eighty year old man or woman can play golf and beat an in shape 28 year old.

2. Band is not a sport either...not saying it shouldn't have a thread, just saying it's not a sport. At my school, the band and the football team both won the state championship...the band got a new trailor and new uniforms from the school, the football team got nothing...they had to pay for the bus' they used the next season, something they never had to do. So you can't say that the band always gets nothing and the athletic teams always get everything. Also messing you knee up in band practice...how did that happen?

I am not against band at all, i am more for the athletics, being an athlete, but band does serve their purpose at school and during games. They just need to know the right times to play during games.

3. I was just messing about golf not being a sport. I think it is, i am a golfer and know that it is a skill, but also a sport. I just wanted to screw with ya.