cosby eagles

cosbypride

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got great confidence that the Eagles will have another good year. Last year's success will encourage a lot of athletes who might not have played to get involved. Cosby's football program is just going to get better and better. They have some young coaches that know their stuff, and some more experienced ones to learn even more from. :thumb: GO EAGLES. Work hard this off season! Come back in "06" with a purpose.

Being very biased, I think the Eagles of 06 will come out on fire and possibly have the greatest season in school history. As a new coach at the school I am certainly excited about the promise this season holds! With a very good group of SRs and JRs and maybe the best Sophmore class in school history, we should be exciting and fun to watch. Be ready for Cosby to open some eyes this year as we drive towards a Region championship! :thumb:

There are high expectations from the fans here in Cosby for the upcoming season for a change. We are definately looking to build of the success from last year and play of the excitement we got from some outstanding young players who are bustin their humps in the weightroom. Cosby football is definately not going to be what it used to be and a region title is definately an obtainable goal for th 06 season. GO EAGLES!!

thats good to hear. i have always been a fan of cosby. i was excited to see the baseball team do well and baskestball well you know what that like. i am even more excited to see football taking off. it even better to hear that the guys are getting ready now by being in the weight room. everyone knows thats where it starts. the new head coach must be doing a good job there. it also sounds like he has surrounded himself with the right asst. coaches. big blue lbs have you coached before or are you new to coaching. thanks for the info keep me up to date.

In response to your question pride, Ive been a coach at the highschool level for the past 5 years so I know what its going to take to get the boys ready for the upcoming season, and I would like to say that Im honored to be a part of an upcoming program with a terriffic young head coach as Coach Shelton has already proved himself to be. As for us not being able to compete seriously for a region title that is false! While Hampton and Cloudland are great programs with a lot of tradition you have to look at what they lost in comparison to us. To say that we are not serious contenders is not a wise statement to make, ask Hampton if they REALLY want to come down and play us the way they surely would have a few years ago and youll find that you get an astounding NO. As for Cloudland we have to go up there but Im not worried because I know with the coaching staff we have and the kids we got coming back we will be ready to roll! So go ahead and count us out if you want, but when it comes time to play dont be suprised if you go home beat with your tail between your legs wondering what happened to the Eagles that we used to know. :thumb:

In response to your question pride, Ive been a coach at the highschool level for the past 5 years so I know what its going to take to get the boys ready for the upcoming season, and I would like to say that Im honored to be a part of an upcoming program with a terriffic young head coach as Coach Shelton has already proved himself to be. As for us not being able to compete seriously for a region title that is false! While Hampton and Cloudland are great programs with a lot of tradition you have to look at what they lost in comparison to us. To say that we are not serious contenders is not a wise statement to make, ask Hampton if they REALLY want to come down and play us the way they surely would have a few years ago and youll find that you get an astounding NO. As for Cloudland we have to go up there but Im not worried because I know with the coaching staff we have and the kids we got coming back we will be ready to roll! So go ahead and count us out if you want, but when it comes time to play dont be suprised if you go home beat with your tail between your legs wondering what happened to the Eagles that we used to know. :thumb:

Your confidence is good. confidence is key in the game of football. In terms of what Cloudland and Hampton is losing. I've seen them lose key players and ive seen them turn right around and still be stacked. Until Cosby gets its focus off basketball and onto football and baseball, those programs will be mediocre at best.

Your confidence is good. confidence is key in the game of football. In terms of what Cloudland and Hampton is losing. I've seen them lose key players and ive seen them turn right around and still be stacked. Until Cosby gets its focus off basketball and onto football and baseball, those programs will be mediocre at best.

I agree with you on two things , confidence is key to winning football games no doubt :thumb: and Cloudland football is like Cosby basketball they never seem to rebuild they just reload!! BUT with coachs like coach Shelton and others on staff at cosby the success they had last year was strongly due to the cofidence they instilled in their players and now with the addition of big blue lbs and the confidence he's bringing with him look out!! The EAGLES are on the rise and are definately looking to challenge cloudland and Hampton for the region title.

wow started a spark her i think. its good to hear that you have some coaching experiance big blue lb's. from the post made i take it that old 24 eagles may know you somehow. which makes me courious about his conection to the eagles. as i have mentioned it good to see and hear that the cosby programs are doing well. from the sounds of it those guys are really working hard for august. its great to hear you pump up that coaching staff i assume shelton's put together as well as his abilities. so for my sake and anyone else out there wondering what is it that so special about this new coaching staff that making a differance. i am hoping to get to see some games this year.

well let me get in on this. first i want to thank you guys for your compliments. then again knowing you guys you may be just kissing up. lol i have to agree with you on somethings. cosby is making a move with the pigskin. the 06 season has promise. with 25 to 30 players working hard we could have a great season as long as the players give it all to the program and the coaches give it as well. eagle pride it good to have a fan on here we dont get alot of those in fav of the cosby eagles.

shelton