cosby eagles

cosbypride

Re-spect’, v., be considerate of, esteem,-ful

It starts with the coach’s, Not only have they earned (earn, v., deserve, gain, work for, -ing) it from the players, By example, hard work, dedication, knowledge and mutual respect. They also have it from the fans, parents, teachers, game officials and the whole community.

I am a firm believer that coaches teach more than how to play ball. I have known most of these young men long before they coached, and character is paramount for success in any venture.

In my humble opinion the Cosby Football program has the right ingrediance to also gain the respect of any and all opponents next year and for years to come.

Good luck to you EAGLES! May you get what you deserve.

FAN FOREVER

Orangeblood

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shelton i will always be a fan no matter where life takes me. and it look like you have some fans on here. orange blood 1 interesting post. makes me feel as thugh your highly educated and these guys former coach. it also goo to hear that you have a good number in the wieght room working hard. i have seen where the basketball team is doing very well. how many from that basketnall team play football as well. i like having this topic it help keep me and a assume other informed of what you guys are doing. hope to hear more soon.

I think that Cosby can have a successful football and basketball team. The key is hard work. Coach Shelton did a good job generating excitment and pride into the football program and I think he will only build on that in the coming years. When the younger kids go to the games and see the excitement and pride that the varsity players have then they begin working toward the goal of playing when they get in high school. As you can see it is a chain reaction -- success breeds success.

Work hard in the off season and set high goals.

GO EAGLES!!

It's great to see so many people so interested in Cosby football. Orangeblood, glad you finally got on board with the coacht era. I know the young coaching staff at Cosby will be bustin their humps to build up this program. I'm just hoping for the same hard work and dedication from the fans and community to help ensure this programs success! I would love to see Cosby start building some traditions in football. Can't tell you how great it is to be a part of Eagle football!

cosbybball thanks for the commplement. pride and attitude is where its at. when i show it and display it to my players it helps them to have it as well. again i say we are working hard and the guys are improving in impresive fashion. coachesbig fan it good to ave you apart of eagle football to. and your right about the fans and community needing to get involved in what we are trying to do. orangeblood welcome my friend welcome. i cant wait till i see those young men sliding there helments over there heads.

shelton

i wish!!!!! it will be here before you know it though. the heat. the sun beaming down, sweat rolling dow on your face as to get the players ready for war. preparing for the weekly battles were blood and sweat soak the ground beneath our feet. all for the reward of beating your opponent week in week out. man i love this game. august get here fast before i lose my mind.

shelton

this is true coach logan. but without the services of a 2 starters against north greene and the lack of effort by the regions defensive player of the year. those games may and would have been different. i had 4 starters go out against north greene in the 4th quarter. we maded a turn around the next week against cloudland only being down by 14 starting the 4th quarter. we only lost one game after that the rest of the season. it came at hampton. we gave up just 9 points to them in the first half. we ended up losing by 20 something to the number 1 scoring offense in the state at the time. however your right til we do take care of those teams noone will give us any credit whatsoever. that the way i like it though. then again why should a team that went out and played some great football get any credit. we only won more games last season than in the past FIVE(5) years. missed playing in the second round of the playoffs by 1 point on a missed PAT with time expired. thats a big deal to us here on the hill but of course not to the rest of the state who dont even know we exsist, dont want us to exsist, or are imbaressed by lossing to what they see as a lousy cosby football program. thats just motivation.

shelton

wasplayernowcoach,

your enthusiasm is refreshing. until losses(and big losses at that) at the hands of teams like Oakdale(who finished last in your sister region) and North Greene are eliminated, Cosby cannot be considered a true contender for anything.

I can respect your opinion, but wouldn't you consider only missing round 2 of postseason play by 1 point, (1, a missed PAT) contending. You don't have to consider the Eagles as contenders if you don't want to. Honestly, I hope there are tons of people, coaches, and players who don't have the blue and black circled on their schedule. The more teams that overlook us, the more teams we rolllll over!!!