Oneida Middle Boys Basketball

unstoppableforce

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huntsville came to play and Oneida didn't. OMS had players more worried about making all tournament than winning the game. I know HMS "won when it counted" but Oneida beat HMS by 20 and 15 in the regular season and Huntsville don't have a kid that would play more that 3 or 4 minutes on Oneida's team.

I think this is the best thing that could happen to Oneida. They needed to get beat so they would know what it was like. We will see what happens, because I am pretty sure OMS will make it to Pigeon Forge.

One last thing, and this is to the kids. When you loose don't lay on the floor because that is embarassing to you and your whole team and if you cared that much you should have done something about it during the game.

I think if Huntsville does not have a player who could play more than 3 or 4 minutes for Oneida, that says a lot for them as a team and unfortunately for Oneida this is a team sport. I think it's true that Individually Oneida is far more talented than most teams in this district but at Caton's Chapel they will face some teams that are talented individually and as a team. I have heard that Harriman is very good. Also the only thing regular season victories gets you is a better seed in the district tournament. This victory means more for Huntsville than those other 2 did combined no matter what the score.

I do believe this was a good thing for Oneida though. This should help them come together and play better as a team. They must remember that gotta play as a team because I remember a very talented Oliver Springs team last year that didn't go far at all up there.

Good luck to both teams and represent Area 2 well.

Just a question have you people in Huntsville ever won anything before? I mean celebrate your victory but lay off of the attitude. You were better that night. That doesn't make you the better team. Break it down for ya....Oneida beat you by 24 and 9 pts. in the regular season. You beat them by 1 point in the tournament. And I've got a little advice for you. Start getting ready for Caton's Chapel cause youre gonna see some teams up there that'll give both of ya some trouble. Time to refocus and get back to business.

All i got to say is this no this isnt the first time they have won it they won it in 03'04 I was playing and we beat oneida to get there. 2nd thing is hms played a great game and switched to the 2-3 in the second half. 3rd thing is oneida messed up by puttin dakota Baker in they shoulda put somone else jake sexton had his way with him and court King let me break it down for ya we beat oneida 3 times when I was there so hussshhh. Congrats to HMS id like to see them meet in the championship game and o yea like somone said in this thread later them teams are tough we made it to the district championship and lost after goin in at halftime with a 21 point lead and got beat by 1 in ot just dont ever get to confident. Good luck to HMS and OMS but more HMS lol :lol:

As I stated earlier, the boys loss in the championship game appears to have paid off last night. Midway came up here and got waxed 50-18. Oneida played this game just in the nick of time, as they are going to shut down the rest of the week due to a Flu Bug running around. Everyone should be healthy and ready to go by next Tuesday. How will the other play in games go this week with Christian Academy(boys), Fairview vs Lenior City (girls), and Coalfield vs. ????(girls)? Have they already been played? If so, who won? I think area 2 is fairly strong this year. Good win last night Indians! Lotsa lucky at Caton Chapel!

:lol: Kaz ;)

So who are some of the other teams that will be at Caton's Chapel ? I'm sure there are more than just Huntsville & Oneida. Oneida plays Gatlinburg. How are they ? What is their record ? Any word on any of the other teams. I've heard enough about the two teams from Area II and have a pretty good idea about their play. Let's hear some about other teams still in the race. :rolleyes:

Goose, Kaz, youdontknowme,

You guys were great for a laugh tonight as I read through those posts---the only thing I'm going to be throwing is a bucket of balls or 3rd base at that guy named goose knight-LOL!! :rolleyes: Sorry goose---couldn't resist the temptation!! :lol:

As for the other contests, CACC beat OS by 8pts in double OT (boys), Coalfield beat Rockwood 42-25 or so (girls), and the Fairview--LC girls are scheduled to play Thursday??

I can say that I enjoyed seeing Brownie, watching the OMS-Midway boys game, and seeing UT kick that blue butt in the 2nd half--not bad for a Tuesday evening!!

All i got to say is this no this isnt the first time they have won it they won it in 03'04 I was playing and we beat oneida to get there. 2nd thing is hms played a great game and switched to the 2-3 in the second half. 3rd thing is oneida messed up by puttin dakota Baker in they shoulda put somone else jake sexton had his way with him and court King let me break it down for ya we beat oneida 3 times when I was there so hussshhh. Congrats to HMS id like to see them meet in the championship game and o yea like somone said in this thread later them teams are tough we made it to the district championship and lost after goin in at halftime with a 21 point lead and got beat by 1 in ot just dont ever get to confident. Good luck to HMS and OMS but more HMS lol :rolleyes:

Hey man, I played for Petros the year you guys won it all. Remember we beat you at the North/South Tournament. Man I woulda loved to play ya'll again. Best game I've ever played in In my entire life. Brooks is one of the best players I've ever played against.

HUNTSVILLE WINS!!!!!!

That was an great game. Those top 6 players stepped up tonight and showed that they can hang and BEAT the best. So maybe everyone who thought Oneida would win hands down can give credit were it is due.

That #22 came in and got it all going and the rest came with him. If #3 hadn't been in foul trouble and had to set Huntsville may have won by a bigger margin, but I'm sure they will take that 1pt V!!

Congrats to those Huntsville people and we will see you in STATE!!

well that #22 sure did show up with the first 5 points for hms without his early performance i dont know if hms would've won that game