Region 1-1A

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how does everyone think this region stands? and why?

Dominant:Cloudland, Hampton (as usual).

Sleepers: Cosby( Good last year only gonna get better), Jellico (Young team kinda growing up. Good upcoming Junior class)

As usuals: Grace( Good potential and great coach), Unaka( Possibly could be good great size.

1. Hampton

2. Cloudland

3(Jellico, Im tellin you watch out for this bunch there hungry.)

4. Cosby

5. Unaka

6. Grace

This could be the nastiest battle for the top spot this region has seen in some time. Cloudland is gonna be tough and probably the early favorite (whats new) Hampton looses some good players but have some good ones coming back and will be coached very well. But unlike in the past Cosby and Unaka both will have a big sayso in the championship race with Cosby returning a large # of starters to the field and coming off of a successful confidence building season. Unaka has got some bigguns coming back and that can sometimes cause big problems for opposing teams and lead to a bunch of good W"s (just ask Hampton). Jellico and Grace are both young teams with very good Coaching so I wouldn't completely count them out either.

1-a Cosby (4-1) could loose to cloudlan or unaka simply because they play both games in carter county.

1-b Cloudland (4-1) will loose to Cosby or Hampton

1-c Hampton (4-1) Could loose to Cloudland at Home or Cosby at the Eagles nest.

2 Unaka (3-2) will loose 2 games to top three and will sneak up on one of them.

3 Jellico (1-4) possibly 2-3 but not likely look for them to be in some close games though. will beat Grace but not by much.

4 Grace (0-5) could beat Jellico again this year if they get some kids to step up big and this is probably their last year to miss the playoffs look for this team to grow and be very successful as the only private in the conference.

I hope this doesn't make anyone too mad just havin a little fun in the offseason goodluck to all region 1 teams next year.

Excuse me while I whip this out! With a great nucleous of talent returning to the field and a little more fire added to what is already a great coaching staff you might as well go ahead and put the Eagles of Cosby right up at the top when you speak of this region. This is the year that Cosby becomes a legitament threat to take down the big boys of this region and step to the head of the table. Under the guideance of what should have been the coach of the year in the state of TN last year, Im talking about THE Tyler Shelton, he has come in and in one year turned this program around and has everyone in C-town talking about football in the same breath as B-ball. He has made a savy front office decision in hiring a coach that shares both his love of football and his desire to win while keeping the young men on the team as his top priority. This new coach comes in with great expectation and an almost kinship like closeness to Coach Shelton and another anonomyous member of the staff that it is rumored he is kin to, he married his sister or something like that. The Eagles return an all-region defensive back that shouldve made all-state in Jody Lowe, his brother Cody who has the same potential and a proven performer at the QB slot in Kelvin Rone, the Eagles also return most of their O-line and D-line and are looking at some untapped resources to step in and fill some voids left behind by graduating SRs. All in all I would say that this could definately be the year of the Eagle, BUT, you always have to contend with Cloudland and Hampton and that is no easy task, but the Eagles should be more than ready when it comes time to do battle! ;)

Yoakum

Although 2005 was my last year, I can tell you one thing It was a blast, like someone said all that is left is memories.

I will be a fence monkey though and support my team for the rest of my life.

This 2006 team is already training hard for next season lifting and running through plays ect. And they still have Adam"pacman"Townsend and a young but very talented line. a returning QB in mike lunsford that will only get better as the season goes on.

With all this boys and girls I will leave you with one thing...............

Don't under estimate the Dog!

Here's the way that I see it.

(tied)1st: Hampton lost alot of good ball players and in that they lost alot of leadership

(tied)1st:Cosby a really good returning class = a good season. How good? Depends on what they do in the weight room from now till season starts.

(tied)1st:Cloudland also loose alot of good athletes But always a tuff ball club.

2: Unaka could make some noise...............thats all I'm gonna say about them.

the rest:

To Grace and Jellico :Weights, weights, weights, weights!!!!!!!!!!!

HAMPTON BULLDOGS 2005 MEC CHAMPS!!! SEMI'S!!

Cloudland will be down,lost nearly all the starters, probably the best lineman in the conference and could have been one of the best in the state quit school , Cosby will be a better team, Coach has instilled pride ,one cocky cat, I like that , can,t be good without it. Hampton will win the conference again, they really liked last years success and will only get better.Can.t never tell about Unaka,could be pretty good,probably third. I look for Grace to be the most improved and will make the playoffs, as far as the rest ,same ole same ole.

Cloudland will be down,lost nearly all the starters, probably the best lineman in the conference and could have been one of the best in the state quit school , Cosby will be a better team, Coach has instilled pride ,one cocky cat, I like that , can,t be good without it. Hampton will win the conference again, they really liked last years success and will only get better.Can.t never tell about Unaka,could be pretty good,probably third. I look for Grace to be the most improved and will make the playoffs, as far as the rest ,same ole same ole.

pujo , it's been a while hows things in Hampton? Great season last year , your boys where #2 in the state last year in my opinion. Hampton would have beat UC in the Boro but noone had anything for Trousdale. Good luck next season look forward to more serious posting when the season starts. Your right coach up here is one cocky cat and we've added an assistant to the staff who may be just as cocky but were determined to back em up.

pujo , it's been a while hows things in Hampton? Great season last year , your boys where #2 in the state last year in my opinion. Hampton would have beat UC in the Boro but noone had anything for Trousdale. Good luck next season look forward to more serious posting when the season starts. Your right coach up here is one cocky cat and we've added an assistant to the staff who may be just as cocky but were determined to back em up.

Thats right sports fans, Im a cocky ######, but I cant believe that my own family, my own flesh and blood was the one to let everybody know! That hurts OLD Eagle, I thought we were not only family but boys! Just kidding, you know I still love you, but being cocky is part of sports, it helps you walk with a little different swagger, and the Eagles will be full of swagger this season, between me and the Head Man we have enough swagger between us to fill up a 55 gallon drum, which is what the Eagles will be opening up on a lot of opponents this year if you get my drift! :thumb:

Yoakum

Edited by BIGblueLBs36

Thats right sports fans, Im a cocky ######, but I cant believe that my own family, my own flesh and blood was the one to let everybody know! That hurts OLD Eagle, I thought we were not only family but boys! Just kidding, you know I still love you, but being cocky is part of sports, it helps you walk with a little different swagger, and the Eagles will be full of swagger this season, between me and the Head Man we have enough swagger between us to fill up a 55 gallon drum, which is what the Eagles will be opening up on a lot of opponents this year if you get my drift! B)

Yoakum

ME!!! I think you let everyone know in the first sentence of your last post :D (which was hilarious by the way) all this talk about football , swagger , and 55 gallon drums makes me want to hit somebody , and all that would do is get me hurt!

ME!!! I think you let everyone know in the first sentence of your last post B) (which was hilarious by the way) all this talk about football , swagger , and 55 gallon drums makes me want to hit somebody , and all that would do is get me hurt!

Dont get hurt. Im with you though Im ready for some football! People will probably hate me before we even get started but a lot of people dont like Steve Spurrier either you know what Im sayin'. I just hope no one takes any of this to heart but if they do then thats to bad because we are going to be brash, but we will still shake your hand after the game, just dont expect us to to take it easy on any one this year, this is the year that we pay back some teams for abuse over the years! You know who you are theres no need in getting all personal so strap it on and bring it this fall boys because the Eagles will be ready! :D

You have to be cocky and play to win to be any good in anytjhing. Cosby is headed in the right direction,won.t be anybody.s chumps. I love the attitude and you will build a winner, I,ll be routing for you,ll most of the time,. Why can.t we just bypass baseball, this is getting me fired up. GET ER DUN FELLERS