Tullahoma Girl's Basketball

Shootmore

yes they are improving it started at the end of last year and has carried over

the rotation is 4 seniors and 5 sophomores plus their is the freshman(1 freshman should be starting in place of 1 of the seniors) and chessor and brock the 8th graders at east

so next year we should win atleast half of our games and in 08/09 i think we will take the turn into a elite team HOPEFULLY

How do the sophmores look as a group and indivually

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mjuhb,

Your observations on the soccer posts are usually insightful and show that you put a lot of thought and work into them. I hardly ever check out the basketball board and just happened upon these posts about Tullahoma. I have been sitting in the stands at Tullahoma basketball games now for 16 years: middle school, rec, and High School. I have the utmost respect for both Coach Snipes and Coach Martin. I agree with the post earlier that said that Coach Snipes did the best with what he had. Both he and Coach Martin deserve better respect from you and others than to come on this public forum and refer to them as "idiots." Your stock as a sports observationist and my respect for your opinions have hit the bottom.

How do the sophmores look as a group and indivually

The sophomores are making big contributions toward improving the program. That was evident at the first two varsity games. As a group they also have a mix of size and speed.

There was a comment posted earlier stating that the only way Tullahoma can win is by bringing up freshman to play varsity. That probably isn't the quick fix that some are suggesting.

There are some very effective and fundamentally sound freshman players but it is very unlikely that one or two of them will come in and dramatically change the success of the team this year........it takes time to build lasting team chemistry.

Those who have followed this freshman group, know that some of them did have quite a bit of success as a team in middle school, but that success came from starting young, stressing fundamentals, playing together year-round, and playing unselfishly. It truly was a team success rather than reliance upon a dominant player. The team's statistics reflected that.

The sophomore and freshman classes both have good players. They have played on the same teams before and will at some point be together again, trying to improve the program.

The sophomores are making big contributions toward improving the program. That was evident at the first two varsity games. As a group they also have a mix of size and speed.

There was a comment posted earlier stating that the only way Tullahoma can win is by bringing up freshman to play varsity. That probably isn't the quick fix that some are suggesting.

There are some very effective and fundamentally sound freshman players but it is very unlikely that one or two of them will come in and dramatically change the success of the team this year........it takes time to build lasting team chemistry.

Those who have followed this freshman group, know that some of them did have quite a bit of success as a team in middle school, but that success came from starting young, stressing fundamentals, playing together year-round, and playing unselfishly. It truly was a team success rather than reliance upon a dominant player. The team's statistics reflected that.

The sophomore and freshman classes both have good players. They have played on the same teams before and will at some point be together again, trying to improve the program.

That has been my observation on the few times I have seen them play . One thing I have noticed also the underclassmen sophmores and freshmen seem to have a more detailed fundamental understanding of the game Not just induval skills.