Tullahoma Girl's Basketball

Shootmore

as a tullahoma grad, i periodically check in on this thread.

i hope someone will tell me i have misunderstood.

is this really 17 pages of a high school coach being trashed by another high school coach

from a different sport within the same school... on a public forum no less?

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:rolleyes: no i'm not worried about the soccer/basketball players going to shelbyville(now thats laughable)

now what i i'm worried about 2 things

1st that 1 of our great younger players will go to shelbyville and some people don't know is that our best 7th grader went to shelbyville and that girl was probably the best player for harris

2nd i think there is 7 soccer players in basketball and 3 of those girls have no business playing basketball kristen vance, chelsea jackson and kaitlin buchanan plus 2 of the girls started for us this past fall and chelsea jackson will start this fall

in my mind all 3 girls are college prospects but to get that soccer scholarship girls really need to be in select/aau from november to june and because of basketball they miss half a season of select ball so that cuts into their exposer by college scouts

but the thing that really ticked me off was kaitlin buchanan(who is the best female athlete in our school)and could have been a varsity starter actually was the water girl

so all in all basketball is hurting some kids rather than helping them

yes shelbyville doesnt want any of your basketball girls. we prefer talent

as a tullahoma grad, i periodically check in on this thread.

i hope someone will tell me i have misunderstood.

is this really 17 pages of a high school coach being trashed by another high school coach

from a different sport within the same school... on a public forum no less?

i don't coach anything at THS

the people and parents with in the program know that i have no role in coaching

i just go out and scout other teams then report my findings back to the boss man

Edited by mjuhb

:rolleyes: no i'm not worried about the soccer/basketball players going to shelbyville(now thats laughable)

now what i i'm worried about 2 things

1st that 1 of our great younger players will go to shelbyville and some people don't know is that our best 7th grader went to shelbyville and that girl was probably the best player for harris

2nd i think there is 7 soccer players in basketball and 3 of those girls have no business playing basketball kristen vance, chelsea jackson and kaitlin buchanan plus 2 of the girls started for us this past fall and chelsea jackson will start this fall

in my mind all 3 girls are college prospects but to get that soccer scholarship girls really need to be in select/aau from november to june and because of basketball they miss half a season of select ball so that cuts into their exposer by college scouts

but the thing that really ticked me off was kaitlin buchanan(who is the best female athlete in our school)and could have been a varsity starter actually was the water girl

so all in all basketball is hurting some kids rather than helping them

You need to get off your "water girl" thing. The freshman girls who helped did on their own accord. Not because someone forced them to, but because they wanted to. If basketball was hurting them, then they would quit....but its not, they haven't, and they aren't going to! :)

MJUHB you are a coach? i'm not from Tullahoma, and don't care one way or the other. with that being said, you are tearing down the athletic programs as a whole. if any of the sports are struggling it should be a reflection of your program also. you are selfish! you are only worried about soccer-not basketball also. KIDS play both sports so be quiet and worry about your program. you dont have to like the bball coach, but out of respect keep your mouth shut if you care anything at all about the school as a whole. you know, the same school that you (coach???)