Tullahoma Girl's Basketball

Shootmore

galloway she is a extremely loyal coach she has stuck with this group of girls all year

but she has created a monster we have 11 returning and 8 freshman and 8th graders coming in so she is going to have to cut some players loose

i know galloway is not in the business of hurting girls feelings

i talked with a parent last night about this subject and they agreed with me their needs to be a open try out for all the girls and make some serious cuts

this seniority system that is in place right now isn't working

Edited by mjuhb

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

galloway she is a extremely loyal coach she has stuck with this group of girls all year

but she has created a monster we have 11 returning and 8 freshman and 8th graders coming in so she is going to have to cut some players loose

i know galloway is not in the business of hurting girls feelings

i talked with a parent last night about this subject and they agreed with me their needs to be a open try out for all the girls and make some serious cuts

this seniority system that is in place right now isn't working

correction: there were 13 freshman on the team and 12 planning to return

correction: there were 13 freshman on the team and 12 planning to return

was only counting the girls that knew could play varsity(5 starters, the tall red head and 2 girls at east)

so next year they should have 31 players

1 senior

10 juniors

12 sophomores

8 freshman(i assume)

was only counting the girls that knew could play varsity(5 starters, the tall red head and 2 girls at east)

so next year they should have 31 players

1 senior

10 juniors

12 sophomores

8 freshman(i assume)

If she didn't play the freshmen this year then I wouldn't expect her to play them next season. Still that leaves 23 players. If they all come back next year, I don't think she'd have any choice but to cut.

Galloway will be forced to play her young talent next year, otherwise her career at THS will be short lived. Everyone in the town(including people inside the system) agree that the best players are not on the court right now..and why the freshman are not getting bumped up after their season is absolutely ridiculous.. they should have been playing all season as it is

Galloway will be forced to play her young talent next year, otherwise her career at THS will be short lived. Everyone in the town(including people inside the system) agree that the best players are not on the court right now..and why the freshman are not getting bumped up after their season is absolutely ridiculous.. they should have been playing all season as it is

i've been saying that all year

i'm glad someone else agree's with me

From what i've seen, the freshman had totally different plays and inbounds than varsity and a parent told me that they practiced separate so moving them up to varsity for the last few games wouldn't make much sense. They would've spent the whole time just trying to figure out what they were supposed to run.

District 8-AAA historically is the best girls basketball conference in the country

it all boils down too experience coach galloway is what 25-26 years old and only 3 years coaching(2 with us and 1 at gps)

she never played any 8-AAA thats why the columbia and lawrence co coaches have been so successful because they have seen and know how to fight the 2 front battles in the district(what i mean by 2 front battles is trying to win and also keeping the kids at your school)

there's more male coaches around then female coaches also there's alot of former district 8 coaches coaching in other areas that could come in and do something with these girls

you must remember if a parent thinks that you are endangering there kids chances at a scholarship they bolt and go 12 miles up 41A because they know they'll get there scholarship there

thats why i have complaining about this for so long because i'm afraid that coach galloway is going to run 1 of these girls off

District 8-AAA historically is the best girls basketball conference in the country

it all boils down too experience coach galloway is what 25-26 years old and only 3 years coaching(2 with us and 1 at gps)

she never played any 8-AAA thats why the columbia and lawrence co coaches have been so successful because they have seen and know how to fight the 2 front battles in the district(what i mean by 2 front battles is trying to win and also keeping the kids at your school)

there's more male coaches around then female coaches also there's alot of former district 8 coaches coaching in other areas that could come in and do something with these girls

you must remember if a parent thinks that you are endangering there kids chances at a scholarship they bolt and go 12 miles up 41A because they know they'll get there scholarship there

thats why i have complaining about this for so long because i'm afraid that coach galloway is going to run 1 of these girls off

Nice post, all i am saying is that there is too much talent with the under classmen for them not to be seeing playing time at the varsity level. and if this keeps carrying on like it is then more than likely tullahoma will lose some young players(very good players) to a school near by. and to be honest, if i was in their situation and was not playing and knew i should be i would probably do the same thing. especially if there was any hope for college basketball. Tullahoma could be a great team(yes i said great) in a few years if all of the weapons are used correctly.