Tullahoma Girl's Basketball

Shootmore

freshman won tonight 50-36 over lincoln co freshman thornburg and tucker combined for 32 points(i think)

i would compare thornburg to ann marie lanning when she was a freshman why she's not on varsity i don't know danae has alot more ability than the upperclassman

tucker and barlow could also on varsity if they could knock shots on a constant basis i can understand why they are being held back

She will be there in time, but really does she put this team over the hump??

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She will be there in time, but really does she put this team over the hump??

YEAH!!! anything beats what we have now

she is the kind of player where when she is in the game the teams level of play goes up

they play warren co on monday so you will see

The Tullahoma girls basketball team suffers from a split personality, both in talents and in outlook. I believe an immediate improvement in play would result from fielding a "STRONG" team, consisting of 52, 24, 55, 12, 15, and 42. This is a double post team, of 24 and 55, a right and a left hander, who can be deadly if the passes to them are high lobs. This team has the height to control the backboards, if 52 will charge the basket after each shot to help 24 and 55 out. 52 as a senior should be made the captain of this STRONG team and made responsible for its performance. Substitutes for the posts, 24 and 55, should be 20 and 30. This team has good shooters, and they should be gunning. Each one has been in double figures at least once this year, except for 12, who hasn't got the playing time her skills deserve. The other team with quite different skills, is a "Press" team. This team has as it's core 3, 10 and 22. 3 and 10 should be named co captains, as seniors, and made responsible for the "PRESS" teams performance. The coach should fill out this team with two girls with speed from the bench. This group should be in each game twice. Once for 2 minutes late in the first half, and again for 2 minutes late in the 3rd quarter. This team has the objective of wearing the other team out, disrupting their play, and scoring whenever posssible. They need to be moving at full speed every second they are on the court.The inbounder for this team must be a tall girl. 22 must learn to minimise her fouls. I believe this would maximise the effect of the skilled girls, and minimise the faults this team has. Good Luck with your remaining games.

here's what the team should be

C #24 Kiser So

F #52 Cutshaw SR

F #42 Vance So

G #15 Gilburt So

G Thornburg #11 on Freshman team

Subs

Post sub #55 Edens So

Forwards subs #22 Jackson and Buchanan #20 on Freshman team

Guard Tucker #15 on Freshman team

C #24 Kiser So

F #52 Cutshaw SR

F #42 Vance So

G #15 Gilburt So

Subs

Post sub #55 Edens So

C #24 Kiser So

F #52 Cutshaw SR

F #42 Vance So

G #15 Gilburt So

Subs

Post sub #55 Edens So

I haven't watched the freshman this year, but I've noted the positive reports on the players you mentioned and on their coach. Your lineup would certainly be acceptable, and a few mistakes by freshman would be preferrable to a lot of mistakes by seniors. The way things are going, next years team should be on the floor getting experience. Would you use a "Press Team"? Our girls wear down by the 4rth quarter, if they don't get a break. I think anytime you substitute piecemeal, you reduce the effectivness of the unit. We also have a bad habit of overfouling, putting the other team in the bonus shot catagory much sooner than we get there. That has cost us some wins. Is your team a "double post" team? We haven't got our share of the rebounds this year, and we need heft and height under the boards. thanks for your comments.

I agree. However I can't think of a worse bit of scheduling than to have the Warren county game the night after you play Shelbyville. Someone wasn't thinking when they did that. Coach needs to do one more thing. A notice needs to go out to all parents of players to take the cell phones away from the girls the night before a game. I know one player who was still text messaging at 3 A.M. prior to the Shelbyville game. She had a terrible game.

I agree. However I can't think of a worse bit of scheduling than to have the Warren county game the night after you play Shelbyville. Someone wasn't thinking when they did that. Coach needs to do one more thing. A notice needs to go out to all parents of players to take the cell phones away from the girls the night before a game. I know one player who was still text messaging at 3 A.M. prior to the Shelbyville game. She had a terrible game.

who does Tullahoma play next week

tullahoma got their 1st win 65-33 over warren co

Amy Costa 2

Andrea Cutshaw 11

Chrissy Edens 2

Erica Gilbert 10

Emily Gilbert 3

Chelsea Jackson 2

Holly Kiser 17

Stephanie Mullins 2

Desiree Seay 6

Varonica Stewart 2