Tullahoma Girl's Basketball

Shootmore

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

District 8-AAA historically is the best girls basketball conference in the country

it all boils down too experience coach galloway is what 25-26 years old and only 3 years coaching(2 with us and 1 at gps)

she never played any 8-AAA thats why the columbia and lawrence co coaches have been so successful because they have seen and know how to fight the 2 front battles in the district(what i mean by 2 front battles is trying to win and also keeping the kids at your school)

there's more male coaches around then female coaches also there's alot of former district 8 coaches coaching in other areas that could come in and do something with these girls

you must remember if a parent thinks that you are endangering there kids chances at a scholarship they bolt and go 12 miles up 41A because they know they'll get there scholarship there

thats why i have complaining about this for so long because i'm afraid that coach galloway is going to run 1 of these girls off

No...what it boils down to is lack of talent. Let's face it, right now they are playing with lesser talent. Galloway came in to a situation where the team, the support, the talent, etc was terrible. The whole girl's program has been awful for years. Am I the only one who sees this? Come on!!! True...there's a lot of young talent. This is great news. I think with Galloway's guidance she can help develope these young girls into contenders. She is trying to do good things with the girls she has now, but it just isn't happening. The program has been neglected for way too long!!!!!!!!

What does playing at the 8-AAA level have to do anything? Seriously. I some times wonder if you are in tune with reality!!! Have the Columbia and Lawrence Co coaches played in the NCAA tournament? Have they competed against the best women's programs in the nation?

Who else in the district could come in and do a better job? Not with the talent we have right now. I won't even touch the male/female comment!!!

And a parent will take their kid to another school? Really? How many kids do you have? Have you taken a poll? Or is this common knowledge? I'm telling you...it's not going to happen!!!

Tulllahoma Basketball will get better when the system decides to put together a better program. And since the people wont let the coaches do their job in both middle and high school putting together a new and improved program is out of the question. The girls are coming up to high school unexperienced because they don't have coaches that are willing to get back to basics and actuall teach ball. When they get to high school so much time has went by that the girls are lost and the high school coaches either don't have the time to teach them bacis things that the player should all ready know or they do take the time while also trying to incoporate other skills that are needed.Thats where a summer program is needed. The politics in basketball has to stop also. This is why the girls team has had such poor progress these past years. Having to come into an unhealthy situation as a new coach is a big change and no coach can just up have a winning squad especially with the group of girls that she has had to deal with on and off the court.

The past 2yrs. have been a struggle simply because these girls were not willing to play like a team and the the support from some of the parents were as negative as the players attitudes. There are to many individual players on the court instead of team players at times and when the team actually needs an individual to give them a spark no one is willing to step up. Also it is just not up to the coach on how your daughters play because the coach can't be out there with the players during the games. Outside of practice it is the players responsibilityto want to get better and be in a gym improving on her skills . The players chose on whether or not they want to get better or not; the coach has already comitted to this plan and is willing to do any and everything to help with things that need improving. For some reason the parents nor the players understand this concept. As for the coaches faults she is learning what she needs to do with this team and hopefully she will capitalize on all the situations she has come incountered with (maybe the use her bench a little more efficiently during the tournament coming up would be a start).

As for the lack of talent....there's more talent on this team than people want to see. Everyone wants to see the negative side of things and not any positives. Coach Galloway know's she got some great talent now and even some coming up but if I was her I would put together a summer work out plan for the girls so they have a little more experience playing with each other. Which brings up the fact that they maybe should put an AAU team together. Your experience comes from outside of your set-up barriers. These girls need to see the other talent thats out there and Tullahoma which will be having a young team for the next few years putting them on an AAU team would be an awesome step toward making this program stronger. The team needs positive feed back and closeness. They need feel more like a team even think like a team and this would be a great opportunty for them to do so and get looked at by college scouts as well. AAU provides a whole lot of opportunities for those who want to pursue basketball after high school and since it seems like most of you parents are concerned about where the program is headed and if your daughter could get a scholarship from playing ball look into this and tell the teams coach and be willing to help make a change for you daughters future especailly if basketball is her passion.

There's a lot of work to be done everyone see's that; the coaches, the players, the fans, and the parents. It is going to have to takes time, patience, support from all these people, and a whole lot of heart from these players to pull the missing pieces together for this ball club. As we all saw from the last couple of games played they have to have a pretty good squad or they would have gotten blown out by Coffee County and Shelbyville as they did in their first meetings. The seasons over now and the 2nd season will start thursday night! You never know they may shock everyone and go farther in the tournament then expected so if you see any of the girls that play for this team pep them up because thats what they have been wanting for the past few years...SUPPORT! Hope you this team does well in the tournament maybe it will shut some people up and give yall the boost yall been looking for!!!

If any one knows Coach Galloway tell her to read this and anyone else from Tullahoma too. Maybe they will find this some what encouraging.

Tulllahoma Basketball will get better when the system decides to put together a better program. And since the people wont let the coaches do their job in both middle and high school putting together a new and improved program is out of the question. The girls are coming up to high school unexperienced because they don't have coaches that are willing to get back to basics and actuall teach ball. When they get to high school so much time has went by that the girls are lost and the high school coaches either don't have the time to teach them bacis things that the player should all ready know or they do take the time while also trying to incoporate other skills that are needed.Thats where a summer program is needed. The politics in basketball has to stop also. This is why the girls team has had such poor progress these past years. Having to come into an unhealthy situation as a new coach is a big change and no coach can just up have a winning squad especially with the group of girls that she has had to deal with on and off the court.

The past 2yrs. have been a struggle simply because these girls were not willing to play like a team and the the support from some of the parents were as negative as the players attitudes. There are to many individual players on the court instead of team players at times and when the team actually needs an individual to give them a spark no one is willing to step up. Also it is just not up to the coach on how your daughters play because the coach can't be out there with the players during the games. Outside of practice it is the players responsibilityto want to get better and be in a gym improving on her skills . The players chose on whether or not they want to get better or not; the coach has already comitted to this plan and is willing to do any and everything to help with things that need improving. For some reason the parents nor the players understand this concept. As for the coaches faults she is learning what she needs to do with this team and hopefully she will capitalize on all the situations she has come incountered with (maybe the use her bench a little more efficiently during the tournament coming up would be a start).

As for the lack of talent....there's more talent on this team than people want to see. Everyone wants to see the negative side of things and not any positives. Coach Galloway know's she got some great talent now and even some coming up but if I was her I would put together a summer work out plan for the girls so they have a little more experience playing with each other. Which brings up the fact that they maybe should put an AAU team together. Your experience comes from outside of your set-up barriers. These girls need to see the other talent thats out there and Tullahoma which will be having a young team for the next few years putting them on an AAU team would be an awesome step toward making this program stronger. The team needs positive feed back and closeness. They need feel more like a team even think like a team and this would be a great opportunty for them to do so and get looked at by college scouts as well. AAU provides a whole lot of opportunities for those who want to pursue basketball after high school and since it seems like most of you parents are concerned about where the program is headed and if your daughter could get a scholarship from playing ball look into this and tell the teams coach and be willing to help make a change for you daughters future especailly if basketball is her passion.

There's a lot of work to be done everyone see's that; the coaches, the players, the fans, and the parents. It is going to have to takes time, patience, support from all these people, and a whole lot of heart from these players to pull the missing pieces together for this ball club. As we all saw from the last couple of games played they have to have a pretty good squad or they would have gotten blown out by Coffee County and Shelbyville as they did in their first meetings. The seasons over now and the 2nd season will start thursday night! You never know they may shock everyone and go farther in the tournament then expected so if you see any of the girls that play for this team pep them up because thats what they have been wanting for the past few years...SUPPORT! Hope you this team does well in the tournament maybe it will shut some people up and give yall the boost yall been looking for!!!

If any one knows Coach Galloway tell her to read this and anyone else from Tullahoma too. Maybe they will find this some what encouraging.

Well said you hit the nail on the head

• 3 weeks later...
Well Mr MJUHB or i should just say Richie Chadwick LEECH.

This is Katie Galloway(you know me because you are trying to have me fired). Now i have sat back back for to longand watched you trash me. My experience has nothing to do with me has a coach. Nor does my Gender. The reason why the progam is in bad shape. Is because the people before me didn't try. Plus i think i'm doing whats best for the program.

But if you think you can do the job better than i can. Then Mr MJUHB you need to apply for the job.

Mjuhb you have had that coming for a loooooooooooooong time :unsure:

Mjuhb you have had that coming for a loooooooooooooong time :unsure:

maybe so ;) but she is not the 1st person that has been P.O'ED at me and probably not the last time either

but atleast galloway is prettier than lamont snipes and has more hair than robert sain

amazing that a Tullahoma girls basketball thread is this long

Wingman10, this is one of the most refreshing threads that has been on T this year, I don't particularly like to get involved in the spat but Coach Mac couldn't have said it better. This poster does not know the personalities but does know the concept Coach mac ascribes to. this is assuming that CG is not trying some of those things which any reasonable coach will do. Why all of the things have been done, the coach is the only one that knows. And that may be part of the problem. Having a losing season and not having periodical discussions with parents is a formula for disaster and especially when it is thought the players not being played could be the ones that would make a difference. on the other hand, here are some players that have played out the course and a coach has and needs to consider them also. Couple those two things with not being experienced to deal with those things properly, there undoubtedly going to be some problems. Even an experienced coach would have a problem with that. However, the situation is like it is and nobody can change it. This poster realizes the heat as does CG and continuing the course only makes the situation worse. Communicating with parents is something that a lot of coaches don't do a good job of whether its informal or as a group or with asst coaches just explaining the situation. When you have a dismal record it is particularly hard.

Its been interesting how creative some coachs have gotten in scheduling a JV program, a freshman program and a varsity program and let the players show their skills and thus the best players play. this poster does not think after a player turns junior, there should be consulting with players and parents explaining why they are in the position they are in and getting an indication as to whether they will try to pursue basketball after high school and the reasons why they will not suicceed. it may be a lot of things along with not preparing themselves in summer. it may mean they would still like to play but maybe not at the level of varsity and still be one of the team.

A lot of this is organizational and sometimes a coach might wonder where she might get the time and what will happen when she starts doing this. Thats a good question but theres no ending of what is happening now.

yes the boiling point just boiled over and its true a lot of second guessing is going on but why shouldn't it with a bad record. This poster thinks that its true it seems that those before her may not have tried. But if it wasn't known when the job was investigated and at least worked thru with some plan to resolve it, that was inexperience that could not be helped. CG was hired, without a doubt to not keep tolerating it but to fix it. This poster thinks with some creativity, it can be fixed.

Now, lets explain the viewporit of MHBJ. Here is a soccer advocate of the highest degree and has posted that therei are a lot of athletes with multiple skills in the tullahoma system. My take has been all along that he/she has been afraid that Tullahoma will lose some soccer players who are basketball players down 41. This coach must be hearing something and seeing all of the good athletes coming thru, there is a little bit of panick setting in.

This poster is loving the passion to succeed but is a little laid back when it looks like communications and leadership is not being exhibited. CG must be a good person and a good coach but sometimes things get in the way as far as a system is concerned and how it should be developed. One thing that is for sure, if winning is the primary goal, there is a report card. and when its looked at the end of the season, one knows how they did.u

Now, lets explain the viewporit of MHBJ. Here is a soccer advocate of the highest degree and has posted that therei are a lot of athletes with multiple skills in the tullahoma system. My take has been all along that he/she has been afraid that Tullahoma will lose some soccer players who are basketball players down 41. This coach must be hearing something and seeing all of the good athletes coming thru, there is a little bit of panick setting in.

This poster is loving the passion to succeed but is a little laid back when it looks like communications and leadership is not being exhibited. CG must be a good person and a good coach but sometimes things get in the way as far as a system is concerned and how it should be developed. One thing that is for sure, if winning is the primary goal, there is a report card. and when its looked at the end of the season, one knows how they did.u

:rolleyes: no i'm not worried about the soccer/basketball players going to shelbyville(now thats laughable)

now what i i'm worried about 2 things

1st that 1 of our great younger players will go to shelbyville and some people don't know is that our best 7th grader went to shelbyville and that girl was probably the best player for harris

2nd i think there is 7 soccer players in basketball and 3 of those girls have no business playing basketball kristen vance, chelsea jackson and kaitlin buchanan plus 2 of the girls started for us this past fall and chelsea jackson will start this fall

in my mind all 3 girls are college prospects but to get that soccer scholarship girls really need to be in select/aau from november to june and because of basketball they miss half a season of select ball so that cuts into their exposer by college scouts

but the thing that really ticked me off was kaitlin buchanan(who is the best female athlete in our school)and could have been a varsity starter actually was the water girl

so all in all basketball is hurting some kids rather than helping them