Tyler Smith

dudumonaghan

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I swear there is a new thread on this every week...He is at Hargrave Military Academy playing on one of the best prep teams in the nation. I doubt he is regretting it as he once again has his pick of schools including some very elite teams

yet 3 of the 4 players in tennessee's recruiting class this year are ranked ahead of him...

I swear there is a new thread on this every week...He is at Hargrave Military Academy playing on one of the best prep teams in the nation. I doubt he is regretting it as he once again has his pick of schools including some very elite teams

He had the chance to get in on the ground level of the turn around program of the nation. Bruce Pearl will be the Coach of the Year. Tyler Smith would have been a shining star on a team that will be in the Top 10 in a few weeks.

I have just seen Tyler play at AAU tourneys while I was coaching. How do those that know him feel his attitude would have fit into Pearl's system? I thought he had a prima donna type attitude when the Tennessee players seem to have a team first approach. What's the real Tyler like? I don't question his ability at all, just his attitude. I know both he and Coach Pearl got a lot of bad press on his status as a Vol with recruiting issues hanging out there.

I don't understand why Tyler Smith never gave Pearl a chance. He would have fit into the new system at Tennessee a lot better than he did in Peterson's system. There is no doubt in my mind that Smith would be starting this season at the small forward position and would be flourishing under Pearl. It is ironic that when Smith signed with Tennessee he said he was "going to turn the program around." He missed out on a chance to do just this.

I believe he made the right choice...He would look very good in a Memphis Tiger uniform....It sure seems funny that Coach Pearl gave one kid a release that wanted to come to Tenn but wouldn't release Smith!

You maight be right, he may have made the best decision for himself. I just didn't understand why he never even gave Pearl a chance. I wish him nothing but the best as long as he isn't wearing a Memphis uniform next season! No, I am kidding.

And as for Pearl not releasing Smith and releasing Dotson, he just didn't feel like Dotson had the ability to play at the SEC level and did what was best for both sides. He didn't release Smith because he knew Smith wanted to go somewhere in this region, and didn't want to have to face him so soon. At least now he will have a few athletes who can match up with him.

If i were a potential recruit, I wouldn't want to play for Bruce Pearl either. He has no class, and cares about nothing else but being popular among the fans and advancing his career. He has done so many things that make his character look very questionable, yet every UT fan ignores these because as of now they have no football program and have to depend on the basketball team to cheer on, and they are producing victories. UT fans are always fairweather, and I'm not surprised at all that they're ignoring his past incidents. First Phil Fulmer and now Bruce Pearl...a lot of class at this school. And by the way I am big a Pat Summit fan.

If i were a potential recruit, I wouldn't want to play for Bruce Pearl either. He has no class, and cares about nothing else but being popular among the fans and advancing his career. He has done so many things that make his character look very questionable, yet every UT fan ignores these because as of now they have no football program and have to depend on the basketball team to cheer on, and they are producing victories. UT fans are always fairweather, and I'm not surprised at all that they're ignoring his past incidents. First Phil Fulmer and now Bruce Pearl...a lot of class at this school. And by the way I am big a Pat Summit fan.

What actions has Bruce Pearl made that make his actions questionable, he cares about "nothing else", and that he has no class? Please be specific.

As far as the accusation of fairweather fans, every program goes through this. A winning program is alwasy goping to be more popular than a losing one.

That is the most ignorant misinformed post I have seen on coacht is quite a long time. And, that is saying quite a lot because coacht is home of the ridiculous post. Doesn't care about nothing else? You might want to talk for the players that played for him in the past and the ones that play for him right now. I guarantee you he cares about his players. That is actually one thing that sets him apart. Do you know his team rules on academics and discipline? That is caring for them. That is preparing them for life. When Lofton was late for a study group meeting this summer Pearl made him stay over the weekend and run sprints. Pearl had a recruiting trip planned for that weekend. He could have easily allowed one of his assistant coaches to show up at the crack of dawn on Saturday and oversee Lofton's sprints. But, he skipped his recruiting trip and showed up early to oversee Lofton's sprints. You know nothing of what Pearl's class is or what he cares about, so quit making posts that show your ignorance on the situtation.