District 1 AAA Tournament

ArtVandalay

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ahhhhh...loved or hated but never ignored....feel the love it just warms the heart wouldn't you say

you guys better worry about science hill and not DB

yeah most def. the players should not worry one bit about Db but well i'm not a player so i can go on and on and on if i so choose. i just hope the central players are focussed. its goin to take another effort like they had tonight and probably someone stepping up for big points and D outside of the big 3, hess phil and gabe. nate has the potential to carry some of the scoring but the big thing is central needs to control the tempo. play their game not science hills......if the hill runs the show central could be in for a long night.......but what i think really doesn't matter it all comes down to the kids that play the game.....good luck central and good luck south

Edited by cougarman86

What was the score at the end of regulation in this game? Dang 96-90 now that is some punch there. I knew I wanted to come up and go to this game but I just did not get to make it. I look forward to seeing these big 9 teams play in Greeneville next week.

76-76 at the end of regulation, 80-80 at the end of the first overtime. It was a phenomenal game!

i think thm county rednecks can play some hoops. does the team have anything left for the hill on friday night?

Well it is tough to beat a team 3 times in a row... I think Science Hill better be ready for the Cougars. We are certainly getting pumped for them. What a game last night for us, and as much as I'd like to dwell and brag on it, we need to move on and really concentrate on our next victory... possibly District/ Conference TITLE :thumb:

With all the pre-tourney talk of South being too small to host, has anyone been turned away at the gate as predicted on here? Not to my knowledge. And besides, I think the smaller gyms create a great atmosphere for high school basketball. You just can't beat the scene last night. I think John Allen Compton and the staff at South has done an outstanding job thus far in hosting this tournament.

With all the pre-tourney talk of South being too small to host, has anyone been turned away at the gate as predicted on here? Not to my knowledge. And besides, I think the smaller gyms create a great atmosphere for high school basketball. You just can't beat the scene last night. I think John Allen Compton and the staff at South has done an outstanding job thus far in hosting this tournament.

I agree volman…I got my moneys worth Tuesday night but I think the real test will come Friday night! :thumb:

I am a Science Hill fan who stayed and watched the DB-Central game last night and I must say that you guys have an amazing student section. I just wanted to give you props for all your support. Although we have some loyal fans at Science Hill, you would think that with a student population of our size we could bring a bigger section. Oh, well. Science Hill fans have newfound respect for Sullivan Central. Just wanted to wish both teams the best of luck on Friday night and may the best team win!

MY OPINION (Everyone is entitled to one)= Central needs to stay out of the press and concentrate on half court defense, they give up too many layups. Science Hill stays in your face on defense and makes it hard for Weatherford and Hess to get their shots. Gabe can create his own offense. Too many athletes for SHHS so they will win unless Cougars play a great game and the Hill has a less than normal performance.

Who knows, anything can happen. The key is who ends up 4th and plays Greeneville next week???? Go District 1 next week in Greeneville!!!

Yeah I really thought it'd be alot worse, but really it's not bad. The line was really long Tuesday but it really wasn't so crowded afterall. I bet the place will be jammed Friday night though. Two exciting games to be played!! I'm really looking forward to these matchups!! ;)

GO COUGARS!!!!