Top Seniors

adidas1

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know he was mentioned earlier, but this kid is the real thing. Are there others across the state? Of course. The problem with picking "the best" players across the state is that most of the people responding can only talk about the people on their teams or players from the teams they are playing. The only way to tell if they are truly good is to see how they match up against great teams (those who consistenly make it to the depths of their regional tournaments, sub-state rounds, and eventually to Spring Fling). Matt Fessenden is one of those guys. He has the accolades to prove it. In arguably the toughest district in the state (evident by Farragut and Bearden making it to the final 4 of Spring Fling in each of the past 6 years), Matt has been named all-district for the past two years, was the district defensive player of the year last year, made all region, all prep-xtra, and both all state teams. He signed this year to play D1 soccer next year at Marshall. He is on a team this year that is going to struggle, after losing 12 seniors from last year, but he is truly one of the best in the state. I think he can match skills with most, if not all, of the players in the state.

I don't wanna beat this in the ground...but I'm sure you gotta say Fernando Costa for Dyersburg is the best senior this year..He has been in talks with Maryland and other top D-I schools, he is also gonna try to see what Criciuma , Bahia, and Vitoria ( 3rd division Brazilian teams) are looking for

I promise you that Brian Lowder is better than him

Not true my friend. I play college soccer and played the best of each division. Rio Grande (NAIA school) from 2 or 3 years ago could have beaten Indiana, UCLA, etc HANDS DOWN. NAIA draws a lot of foreign players, and in my opinion plays prettier soccer than D1. D1 draws the guys that get the most publicity. King, my NAIA school, lost to NC State last year 3-1 after being tied 1-1 at half. They had all of their players, including their foward who was recently aquired by the LA Galaxy. The players are bigger and stronger in D1 and thats it. The best of the NAIA could compete with any D1 team. Mark my words. I have played ODP and all that garbage, and it's all political. There's no difference when you get down to it.

I promise you D1 is a different level, after playing a year at D1, the comparison between NAIA and D1 is, well these isnt one, D1 is just higher, better skilled players and yes bigger players, Maryland, Indiana, any of these teams would be NAIA teams

I promise you D1 is a different level, after playing a year at D1, the comparison between NAIA and D1 is, well these isnt one, D1 is just higher, better skilled players and yes bigger players, Maryland, Indiana, any of these teams would be NAIA teams

What school do you play for?

I promise you that Brian Lowder is better than him

they are probably pretty equal, but Lowder is American and Costa is Brazilian so I think that pushes Costa a little ahead of Lowder... :thumb: just kidding.. I've never seen Lowder play but on here he sounds pretty good, so I dont know who is better.