Perry County's Kari May

CoachT

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From an email I received today:

She has some good days and bad days. She is in a wheelchair now, but is planning to attend the Kenny Chesney concert in Florida, which Hospice set up for her. She is supposed to be able to meet him backstage. He is her favorite country singer. The girl I work with visited her this weekend and she was doing well on Saturday, but was unable to see anyone on Sunday.

On her good days she has started a sticker book, which she has been working on. She has collected thousands of stickers since getting sick and the girl I work with and a few other have made her a book so that she can put all of them together as she wants.

On a good note: her father is in remission and is doing much better. He is alot stronger now and is able to be there for Kari.

Again, thanks for all your support and just keep praying.

Email this morning from a close family friend:

"It is with great sorrow that I must send you this e-mail. We have lost Kari. God has taken her to be with her mother. All we can see is there is a new Angel in Heaven and she should be an inspiration to us all. Arrangements are not known at this time."

Visitation will begin tonight at 6 p.m. at the Lobelville McDonald Funeral Home in Lobelville, TN. The funeral will be tomorrow, but the time is unknown as of now.

The girl's basketball board will be open to everyone for a few days so that you can post your thoughts.

Email this morning from a close family friend:

"It is with great sorrow that I must send you this e-mail. We have lost Kari. God has taken her to be with her mother. All we can see is there is a new Angel in Heaven and she should be an inspiration to us all. Arrangements are not known at this time."

Visitation will begin tonight at 6 p.m. at the Lobelville McDonald Funeral Home in Lobelville, TN. The funeral will be tomorrow, but the time is unknown as of now.

The girl's basketball board will be open to everyone for a few days so that you can post your thoughts.

As a lawrence county supporter but a HUGE Kari may fan, i am greatly saddened to hear of her passing. My thoughts and prayers are with anyone who ever met this extraodinary young lady. She touched every life she came into contact with. Thank you Kari for touching my life!!

Edited by cutie313

The funeral time has been confirmed for 2:00 PM tomorrow (Friday) at McDonald Funeral Home (Main St.) Lobelville, TN.

There are 2 local flower shops. They are:

O'Bryans Flowers & Gifts - 931-589-2942 &

Sunshine Flowers & Gifts - 931-589-2718

Donations may be made in memory of Kari May to the following funds:

The Perry County Basketball Kari May Memorial Fund at

P.O. Box 569, Linden,TN 37096

Vanderbilt Children's Hospital

Tribute: Kari May

VU Station B 357727

Nashville, TN 37235-7727

A form can be printed & filled out and sent w/payment from their website: www.vanderbiltchildrens.com

Make A Wish Foundation of America

3550 North Central Ave., Suite 300

Phoenix, Arizona 85012-2127

I know that Heaven was already perfect, but what a wonderful addition to an already wonderful place. That young lady taught us more in her short life than all the teachers, preachers, priest, rabbi’s, mullah’s and self help books combined. When we cry, it is for ourselves for she is in a place of divine peace and I am sure she is smiling and nailing jump shots from downtown.

kw

Kari May was an amazing little girl. She was beautiful on the inside and out and touched so many people's lives. Her dreams of becoming that star basketball player are just beginning for her up in Heaven. I thank God for the chance to have known Kari and my prayers are with her family as they go through this trying time. We must all remember that God has chosen this special child for a reason, and now she is with her mother at peace. Kari will live on in our hearts and minds forever.

WE BELIEVE #22 ALWAYS & FOREVER!! :ph34r:

My heart dropped when I logged in to coacht today. I recently read the story about Kari and I am deeply saddened by the news. As a believer, we must remember the word as it says we should not grieve as if we have no hope, if we live right, we will see her again. Surely, I'm grieving over the passing of her, but friends, she isn't lost, she is in heaven. To live is Christ, to die is gain! God bless the family during this trying time.

Millington Central High is praying for the family and friends.

Edited by coachgat