region 1-AAA

orange_nation

The High and Mighty Central Cougar fans were riding the refs like a sway back horse tonight after the let a 3 win team, down 61-40, put up a 16-0 run on them to end the 3rd qtr... the Central "fans" were going crazy over the "lack of calls in their favor" against the Patriots for playing tight Defense... What are you going to do when the Refs don't call it your way this time? You won't be shooting 39 Free Throws vs 13 for the Indians.... that's 3-1 if you need the Ernest T Bass Math Stomp help.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

why do you even waste your time on here. DB earned every foul they got that game and if you watch Central games they don't get very much called in there favor. But i guess you sit at home while the rest of us are at the game. oh well your loss.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The High and Mighty Central Cougar fans were riding the refs like a sway back horse tonight after the let a 3 win team, down 61-40, put up a 16-0 run on them to end the 3rd qtr... the Central "fans" were going crazy over the "lack of calls in their favor" against the Patriots for playing tight Defense... What are you going to do when the Refs don't call it your way this time? You won't be shooting 39 Free Throws vs 13 for the Indians.... that's 3-1 if you need the Ernest T Bass Math Stomp help.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

So what you are saying is that the refs are the reason Central beat DB?!? Not a senior choking on those free-throws?

And by the way, Central fans will always go crazy during the games, calls in their favor or not.

Oh and that 3 win team beat Cherokee...You know, that team that beat you guys.

Edited by brock20

So what you are saying is that the refs are the reason Central beat DB?!? Not Will Henry choking on those free-throws?

And by the way, Central fans will always go crazy during the games, calls in their favor or not.

Oh and that 3 win team beat Cherokee...You know, that team that beat you guys.

i have no problem with the back and forth...but I don't see any reason to call out players by name and talk about them choking...after all these are kids. there were alot of reasons that game turned out the way it did. and besides how many free throws have you hit late in the games from your bleachers?

and say what you will about typical DB fans but I have yet to read a post from a real db fan putting down any of the cougar players.

i have no problem with the back and forth...but I don't see any reason to call out players by name and talk about them choking...after all these are kids. there were alot of reasons that game turned out the way it did. and besides how many free throws have you hit late in the games from your bleachers?

and say what you will about typical DB fans but I have yet to read a post from a real db fan putting down any of the cougar players.

You are right. Post is corrected.

Yeah DB fans don't put down players, they just put down communities.

I felt that the IMAC did pretty well even though they were 1-3 last night. I thought that Greeneville was the only team with a chance to win prior to the tourney but Morristown East was pesky and never let Science Hill run away from them. The two three pointers that the Hill freshman hit when East was down by four were huge. The last game was a dandy with West and DB going into double overtime. I felt West had several opportunities to pull out the win. It seemed that Fanney tried to force things a bit too much in the overtime periods.

As for the Sullivan Central game, wow such a fun team to watch play. They did get a little complacent and let Jefferson County go on a 16-0 run to make a game of it and then took over again. Jefferson County to be a team with only three wins on the season played pretty well against them. I can understand all the hype and talk about Central because they are exciting. Also props go out to the Sullivan Central crowd as they brought by far and away the most people. They had fantastic crowd support.

You are right. Post is corrected.

Yeah DB fans don't put down players, they just put down communities.

i haven't read where DB fans have put down communities but the same goes the other way...i have read many posts from central fans putting down kingsport. i read about how the city school kids will be in jail or on drugs before they get out of school...how they are crack heads. and if you can't beat us annex us and the whole city /county thing....it goes both ways and that is the truth. and for your information...most if not all of the posts you are referring to about bashing community are from SH fans (jaylo) and greeneville fans (commex??)

i just want the information to be true and it hasn't been...just some jabs taken to down grade the other players and fans and communities.

Here is a 1 Game Truce Called for (maybe the first ever) between the Kingsport Dobyns Bennett Indians and The Johnson City Science Hill Hill Toppers... After the Rude Treatment both teams recieved last week by the Sullivan County Host Team(s), I call for the Toppers to Cheer (for one game mind you) for the DB Indians and the DB Indians will in turn be more than happy to cheer for the Toppers to defeat the hated Green Devils.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!!

Can this THS fan join in on the truce…I for one am sick of the “redneck coalition”. I sure hope Central and South fans get their feel this year because next year it’s going to be back to business as usual for ALL the “CITY SLICKERS”!!! You county boys just remember next season…YOU drew this line in the sand. :thumb: I thought I was going to put my maroon/burgundy apparel up for this season. :P

Seriously though…I have to say that I want to see all of the Big 9 teams do well in the postseason…city and county...but after you guys showed your true color (RED) in the district games, I have to admit that it has become much more difficult to even pull for Central (a team in which I admired and respect the players, the enthusiasm of fans, and their awesome student section). As a parent of student athletes in the “city schools” and even when I was a student athlete myself…I JUST DON”T GET IT!!! Why do a lot of the students and most of the former students from Central, South, and East carry such a big chip on their shoulders toward the three schools that just happen to be in the city limits???????? To pass on to your children your feelings that a certain group of people feel that they are better or smarter or richer than another because of where they live and you should dislike them because of this is (to me) a form of teaching separation…and as a parent of student athletes I REALY DON’T APPRECIATE IT!!! So why don’t you fined another way to sike yourselves or your kids up for the game…this is REALY GETTING OLD! Pull for a team because you have friends their or because you like their style of play, or even because the team that they are playing just put your team out of the district tournament. :huh::lol:

Agree. Another thing that is funny is how these people think that there is a difference from county to city or that city folks are rich. This is funny because actually South and Central have many more 'preps' than any of the city schools. And if you think that so called 'city slickers' are not any more country than the county school folks, you need to think again. We are all in Upper East TN here. I would bet any amount of money that the overall demographics of Sullivan Central & Sullivan South will show a middle class, through upper middle class and upper class rate much higher than TN High, DB, or Science Hill. The funding may be better in the city schools, because that is how it is, but the people that go to city and county schools are the same and actually there is a higher poverty level in all three city schools than any of the Sullivan Schools, go do some research.