Alcoa

cephus23

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gary Rankin very well could "really" be interested. I don't know... but, he has applied for every job in Tennessee in recent years. He always pulls his name out of the hat when it comes down to the final 5 or so. Is this to pull more money from the boosters??? The last time the Alcoa job came open it was Rankin, Ron Gray, "the Dobbyns-Bennet guy", Scott Cummings and Reid. Then Rankin pulled his name from consideration. Same type thing when he applied at Oak Ridge and others.

The Alcoa job is not as appealing as people think. Yea, talent solves a lot of problems but they have their share of issues. Mainly the assistant coaches situation with respect to being in the building. How many are there? Has the weightroom been upgraded?

Ok im really missing something here on the alcoa job not being as "great" as everyone says it is. Alcoa ranks 3rd in the state with Most state championships, Its one of the top athletic schools in the state. Football teams and basketball teams are always playing for championships. Why is it not great? Does the weight room really matter? In 2000 the bathroom didnt work in the weight room (didnt flush) we still used it. No AC had only 2 or 3 windows to open in the summer time when its 100 degrees in there...Did we complain? No thats what makes toughness. Every morning having a nasty bathroom sweaty team mates and 100 degree weight room makes you stronger. University of Miami did it in the early 80s and look what a force they were, but to answer the question the weight room has been up graded in recent years. It started in 2001 and has slowly built its way up. The talent is still there in alcoa and always will be. Alcoa/Maryville year in and year out produce some of the best players. I cant see why this job is anything but a gold mine. If i was a coach id kill for this job only other one i would consider over this one would be the Maryville Job if GQ ever steps down.....hummm maybe GQ wants to coach the Tornadoes???? HAHA

Alcoa's weight room is very nice. When Reid came in it was very dirty, unkempt, and unorganized. Reid pretty much cleaned it, moved in new weights, and maintained it all by himself. If you looked at it in 2002 and looked at it today, you would think it was a whole new room.

Gary Rankin very well could "really" be interested. I don't know... but, he has applied for every job in Tennessee in recent years. He always pulls his name out of the hat when it comes down to the final 5 or so. Is this to pull more money from the boosters??? The last time the Alcoa job came open it was Rankin, Ron Gray, "the Dobbyns-Bennet guy", Scott Cummings and Reid. Then Rankin pulled his name from consideration. Same type thing when he applied at Oak Ridge and others.

The Alcoa job is not as appealing as people think. Yea, talent solves a lot of problems but they have their share of issues. Mainly the assistant coaches situation with respect to being in the building. How many are there? Has the weightroom been upgraded?

I have always thought Gray would be a great one.

Gary Rankin will be the next Alcoa coach. You can take that to the bank.

Remember me saying this? All I can say is ....I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!!! I do know what I am talking about after all. I know alot more than I let anyone on here know also.Some say I am this person or that person and others just think I am a moron or whatever but the bottom line is I am "IN THE KNOW" more than some may think. :thumb:

RDF,

As much as I hate to admit it, you hit the nail square on top on this one. I have some questions for you. 1. You name - does that mean you love the red devils or you are in hot pursuit of the red devils? 2. How in the world did you know Rankin was VERY interested in Alcoa (give us a hint in your cnnection)? 3. How many coaches can he bring with him, how many will he have on staff, what if anything will he be teaching?