Alcoa

cephus23

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I've heard from school superintendent Tom Shamblin that he's yet to turn in any letter of resignation, and he hasn't heard anything from Coach Reid, as of about 5 o'clock today.

According to www.gavsv.com Coach Reid was announced yesterday. Here is the thread.

SmokeyNDawgLand

(3/1/06 9:46:41 am)

Reply Re: East Paulding Head Coach

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Head Coach was announced yesterday. He is John Reid, Head Coach at Alcoa, TN High School. His teams won the Tennessee State Championship in Class AA in 2004 and 2005.

Just met Coach Reid. Can't imagine anyone working for him. Is he as hard to get along with as it seems?

He has won on pure talent alone! Seen his teams play in the state championships and they were always so undisciplined and things would happen on the sidelines that I didn't agree with(players talking back), but they won and I guess that is all that matters.Good luck because you better have tons of talent!!!!!!!!!!!

Before Reid got the job I know there were issues at Alcoa with respect to the weightroom facility not being up to date and maintained, assisted coaches being in the building, etc.

Have these 2 particular things been taken care of? They were major issues for most of the 5 finalist last time. This job looks appealing because of athletes but is it really that great?

Before Reid got the job I know there were issues at Alcoa with respect to the weightroom facility not being up to date and maintained, assisted coaches being in the building, etc.

Have these 2 particular things been taken care of? They were major issues for most of the 5 finalist last time. This job looks appealing because of athletes but is it really that great?

Considering the number of coaches that have come and gone the last few years then one can surmise that something is amist. Great job as a resume builder but you better have you politics right.

Considering the number of coaches that have come and gone the last few years then one can surmise that something is amist. Great job as a resume builder but you better have you politics right.

I would think this would be one of the top 2A jobs in the state. You can always solve the other issues if you keep winning.

I would think this would be one of the top 2A jobs in the state. You can always solve the other issues if you keep winning.

Apparently not...the coaching carasel sais you can't. Maybe because of no turnover rate in the building they can't get the teaching slots. I wouldn't think money would be a big issue. Is the weightroom top notch? It was really bad 2 years ago.

I for one am not surprized Coach Ried is leaving. After all it is his third job in like three or four years. He's got the state champ bullet on the resume even if it was at the 2A level, it's a good thing to have on that paper. I do not think he can develop talent, or win above the 2A level, he just fell into a good thing at Alcoa. If he could get the job done above that William Blount would have been a winner, and they still are not. Good luck to him and his new, better paying job.

Any news on a short list for the new Alcoa head coach?