Murphy Center "TWIN JUMBO TRONS"

This was the first time I was back at MTSU since they have started doing the Jumbo Trons (showing live video) during the games. I couldn't decide if I wanted to watch the floor or the screens. I felt like it was a distraction for me more than a luxury. I would be interested in knowing from some of the players that have been on the floor in the past (Is this the 1st yr?) to know if it bothers them as well?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this is what ive been waiting for...been to so many middle games i can picture every little cartoon they play in my head...and half the lights were out or discolored on there anyways.

i hope they have permanents by next season. the football stadium needs one also

this is what ive been waiting for...been to so many middle games i can picture every little cartoon they play in my head...and half the lights were out or discolored on there anyways.

i hope they have permanents by next season. the football stadium needs one also

We are very excited of the many goings on at Middle Tennessee. The facilities all over are being rennovated and upgraded.

Yes, you can expect new jumbotrons in the Murphy Center by next season. Floyd Stadium may have a new videoscoreboard installed during the summer as well. We do know that there will be new field turf installed in Floyd Stadium following our team's Spring Game. So the BlueCross Bowls will no longer be played on that foam astroturf.

We are also improving the softball field. And if you haven't seen it, Middle Tennessee plans to give it's baseball stadium a major upgrade since the Spring Fling will be moved here as well. The baseball rennovations to Reese Smith Field will cost $5.5 million dollars. We are well on our way with that thanks to generous donations from former players like Tullahoma's Dewon Brazelton who graduated from Middle Tennessee back around '01 or '02 and now plays for the San Diego Padres.

Between the baseball stadium and football stadium there is going to be a very nice athletic plaza to be "an entrance" to Middle Tennessee's athletic facilities.

Middle Tennessee is very excited to be able to host the TSSAA football and basketball championships and looks forward to hosting the championships for all the spring sports as well.

yes jackson county had them installed. since it is there home away from home.

While I am a true RBS fan, I couldn't help but laugh at that one!

I go to school at MTSU and was speaking with someone about the Sun Belt tournament and they said it was a failure...except when Western Kentucky was playing as they brought an army of people. With that said, I would say that the TSSAA post-season tournaments and events will bring in the most money for the MTSU/Murfreesboro area when it comes to sports coverage. No doubt Rick Insell will make sure they stay in Murfreesboro.

It's a great thing that they are renovating their facilities. You should see the men's and women's basketball locker rooms. They have a weight room nicer than any nearby SEC school. I am really glad they're getting rid of the outdated astro-turf. It's a wonder we haven't had many devastating injuries on that field. In the next couple of years, we may get many upgrades to Floyd Stadium depending on the success of Rick Stockstill. The plans for the baseball stadium are outstanding.