AAA championship game

UCSportsFan

You got to be kidding me with that dumb statement about Hamilton coach....how do you expect him to act in the heat of the moment....he knew they was trying to cheat his kids out of the game....he has worked hard telling his kids to love and respect the game and some dumb officials want to take away what he has earned all season through playing hard and leaving it out on the floor....he was simply acting out some frustration....we all make some bad decisions....so if he is a disgrace to TN coaches then he is an undefeated champion who stands tall against any cheaters and those who try to make excuses for that kind of behavior...GO Hamilton.....they can't cheat you now.....LOL.....Blunwhiteh8tribe you are a hater....get over it...

Edited by icecold1906

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great game coming from a complete outsider....Twilley and Stewart are players, and they proved it...WOW!!!...

I hope the Shelbyville student section didn't mind that myself and the basketball team from Obion County sat and stood with them..... B)

I don't think anyone was cheating anybody, but on the out of bounds call: WOW....what was that guy looking at, apparently not the ground.....so pathetic....

what made this game close was the fact that the refs was trying to cheat for shelbyville.....remember the old saying cheaters never win, this old saying almost was proven wrong...the tssaa needs to investigate those officials because this is giving our tournament a bad name....5 players plus 3 refs still equals a lost for shelbyville...now how you like those apples.....GO HAMILTON....undefeated haters... B)

You have got to be a complete moron, absolutely stupid. The players from Shelbyville nor the coaches had a darn thing to do with the poor officiating. Shelbyville's first two games the refs stuck it to them with some horrible calls. If Hamilton had played like the team they were built up to be then it wouldn't have mattered at all. Shelbyville surprised lots of people including you obviously. I don't understand why everyone is dogging the team out.

Edited by ProV1x

I'm happy that those haters lost while trying to cheat.....that makes this victory a great one......GO HAMILTON....WEST TENNESSEE RULES.... B)

Again trying to blame the poor officiating on a bunch of teenage young men just shows how classless you actually are. The Shelbyville team had nothing at all to do with the calls. As a matter of fact the refs hammered Shelbyville in their first two games and nothing at all has been said on here about those games. I just wonder what all would be happening on this site if Hamilton was beaten. Possibly mass suicide by a bunch of classless, supid, morons. Might have helped society, darn it!!

what made this game close was the fact that the refs was trying to cheat for shelbyville.....remember the old saying cheaters never win, this old saying almost was proven wrong...the tssaa needs to investigate those officials because this is giving our tournament a bad name....5 players plus 3 refs still equals a lost for shelbyville...now how you like those apples.....GO HAMILTON....undefeated haters... B)

Hamilton shot 37 free throws. Shelbyville shot 19.

Who knows how many of the 16 gagged free throws by Hamilton were front ends of 1 and 1's. Or they would have shot more than 40.

Now, how do you like them apples?

As for the phantom out of bounds call, I have no explanation. Ref choked?

I really don't know how anybody can be dogging Shelbyville....And all the talk about it being a blow out is crazy...If you people remember, Shelbyville was one of the teams to beat Brentwood Academy this year...I knew going into this game that it would be a great game, and in fact it was......I want to thank both team for putting on one of the best shows I have seen in awhile.... B)

This was a great game and after reading a former thread that was shut down i felt a desire to talk about "the game" and none of that chidish stuff. I am not from Shelbyville as a matter of fact anyone that knows me knows that i am from Jackson County. The game was a classic and one that could have went either way. It took alot of guts to make that call at the end of regulation but the replay showed it was the right call. The officials didn't decide the outcome of the game they let the players do it and thats all you can ask for in a game of this magnitude. For a player to step up and nail 3 foul shots to send it into overtime with no time remaining speaks volumes about that person. Memphis has some big time players as well and in the end they made one more play than Shelbyville did and that was the difference in the game. However Shelbyville earned respect and proved that they are as good as anyone and better than most. Congrats on a well deserved Silver ball and Congrats to Memphis Hamilton on a well deserved Gold ball. B)

I had tremendous respect for Shelbyville's program before this game, this just upped the ante. In just a few years, Kevin Thomas has built a program that pretty rivals their girls program. Even in the so rebuilding years they are tough, so dont expect a big drop-off into next year. Kevin Thomas is one of the real good guys in this area and this state, so I have never had a problem rooting for them and last night was no different. If he keeps it up, he may be able to string together wins like his mentor was able to for almost 30 years in Shelbyville, best of luck to Shelbyville in the offseason and next season, hope Oakland gets a chance to play you guys a few times because its always fun.............

This will be closed before long. Why don't ya'll not worry about the officiating anymore and just give each team credit for a hard fought game. You have Hamilton fans that are complaining about everything and they won. Hamilton you need to give Shelbyville credit for the game they played against ya'll. I hate to say it but do you think those kids got with the refs before the game and payed them or something. They just went out and left everything on the floor and fell short. It seems to me you are taking everything away from the KIDS for their efforts and what they accomplished this year. Be happy that you brought another GOLD BALL back to the West. Nothing can be done from here it's all over with. Be happy and quit complaining.

Next. If you think the Hamilton coach is a moron or whatever you said your obviously not a coach or never have coached. The biggest game of the year and you expect to sit there on his hands. Emotion plays a big part of every sport and if the coach can't get emotional then maybe they should just not have coaches and just throw the kids out there and let them play. WE as coaches put a lot of time into what we do and get paid very little. I think a coach has every right to show emotion in any way he wants to show it. He has worked just as hard if not harder as the kids have.

Again trying to blame the poor officiating on a bunch of teenage young men just shows how classless you actually are. The Shelbyville team had nothing at all to do with the calls. As a matter of fact the refs hammered Shelbyville in their first two games and nothing at all has been said on here about those games. I just wonder what all would be happening on this site if Hamilton was beaten. Possibly mass suicide by a bunch of classless, supid, morons. Might have helped society, darn it!!

B) That's perfect.

THE SQUAD B)

This thread is about the Hamilton - Shelbyville Basketball game last night at MTSU.

just wanted to see which game you were talking about by making such a riduculious statement. Where 2 of Shelbyville players were fouled out and Hamilton shot 18 more free throws than Shelbyville, where Hamilton was pressing all night long need I remind you.

Never was there an over the back foul called and not to mention when Twilley was almost murderd (twice) and then got the foul called on him. Big call in the game.

So don't talk to me about cheating. just because you guys should have gotten beat, and because we took you guys to 2ot you think you were getting cheated.

Shelbyville is for real and you guys thought yall were going to walk away with it. The call on the sideline was probably a make up call for all the over the back fouls that were not called. I mean you teach your kids to block out and then it is not called. So are we wasting our time on teaching the fundamentals to these kids???

2 terribler calls that stood out in my mind...

1- the guy from hamilton didnt step out of bounds that 1 time at the end.

2-Twilleys 3rd or 4th foul when he drove and got it stolen and they called a foul on twilley.

Overall the refs were terrible all through the state tourny.

The Twilley foul was actually a good call (check out the replay)-- Twilley lost control of the ball then, as he tried to retrieve it, charged into the Hamilton player who (in an instant) had recovered the loose ball.