AAA championship game

UCSportsFan

I hope this is a bunch of high school kids writing all this because if it is a bunch of adults then we are in a lot of trouble. People on here need to grow up and just give credit where credit is due and it is due to HAMILTON and SHELBYVILLE.

If you don't like reading this then go to another thread.

Just statement my opinion, and a die hard Shelbyville alumni and fan.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't like reading this then go to another thread.

Just statement my opinion, and a die hard Shelbyville alumni and fan.

Man I'm not downing anybody from Hamilton or Shelbyville. To tell you the truth I'm more frustrated with Hamilton for not giving ya'll any respect. I guess you see it a different way. I'm just saying that if your an adult writing all of this stuff about the other school and what they would do if they would have lost by saying they'd probably commit suicide then it's time to grow up. Why can't the two schools just give credit to each other for what the KIDS did on their season and in this game. It wasn't their fault the refs stunk. This isn't even about the KIDS anymore it's about everything that went on around them. I understand that you are an alum and fan and that's great I just think that you don't have to talk the way everyone has been talking about a bunch of KIDS!! :lol:

Edited by bhscoach

Did anyone else notice the coaching job that Hamiltons coach did? Hamilton had a 6 point lead in regulation with one minute to go and his players were shooting 3 pointers? There were other occasions late in the game and in OT where Hamilton had the lead and the ball and were shooting as if they were behind :lol: . Hamilton was lucky they had enough talent to overcome and still get the win. Most coaches I know would have been running clock getting the other team to foul and this game would have NEVER went into overtime.

Congrats to Hamilton on their championship and to Shelbyville on a great season.

85 Warrior,

Yeah, I noticed. I was NOT surprised, however.

Look, I've said it many times before and I'll say it again: Hamilton's (and Mitchell's) biggest weakness is poor coaching. That final quarter vs Shelbyville was illustrative of the sort of things I've observed all year long, in one form or another, from Hamilton (and Mitchell).

I mean no disrespect to no one, but Hamilton's run to the State Title was more a function of their overall talent level and less suggestive of coaching superiority. Period. By the same token, Mitchell lost the AA Title due to poor coaching.

Now, don't get me wrong--I'm ecstatic that Hamilton won the AAA State Title. Furthermore, I'm disappointed that Mitchell did not win the AA crown. You see, I'm a Memphian who has always followed all the top local teams, with no particular loyalties to any one of them. Then come State Tournament time, I'm there rooting for whichever Memphis teams are fortunate enough to make it. I want to see our teams do well. Trust me.

At the end of the day, though, I still just call 'em like I see 'em.

Congratulations to Hamilton on its State Championship over a VERY GOOD and tenacious Shelbyville squad. Kudos to Mitchell for its runner-up finish. Great season Raleigh-Egypt (Great season Shelbyville--ya'll got my respect).

Edited by TraderB

What about when the horn blew after play had started. The ref, the one that called the foul on the 3, wasn't going to stop the action until he saw the SCHS player dribble the ball across the midcourt line. It should have been a backcourt violation, but he used the inadvertant horn as a way to bail out SCHS.

3 things:

--- Foul on the 3 at the horn--It looked pretty clean to me.

--- Above mentioned backcourt/bailout

--- Out of bounds call---pathetic

I'm not a fan of either team but it looked like the stripes were doing everything they could to get SCHS to win that game.

TSSAA officials need to look hard a this one.

Midtnblu,

My sentiments exactly!

The officiating of this game had the disgust and stinch of "conspiracy" written all over it!

Hamilton shot 37 free throws. Shelbyville shot 19.

Who knows how many of the 16 gagged free throws by Hamilton were front ends of 1 and 1's. Or they would have shot more than 40.

Now, how do you like them apples?

As for the phantom out of bounds call, I have no explanation. Ref choked?

Salty,

The FT disparity is the DIRECT result of a contrast in styles between Hamilton and Shelbyville, not evidence of the refs somehow giving Hamilton more calls than Shelbyville (as your comments tend to suggest). Any objective viewer would be hard-pressed to conclude anything other that the fact that Hamilton earned those FT's.

Bottom line: Hamilton shot more free throws because it took the ball to the hole, and took most of its shots in the paint. Shelbyville, on the other hand, was mostly perimeter-oriented. More fouls are committed down low, than on the perimeter.

Salty,

The FT disparity is the DIRECT result of a contrast in styles between Hamilton and Shelbyville, not evidence of the refs somehow giving Hamilton more calls than Shelbyville (as your comments tend to suggest). Any objective viewer would be hard-pressed to conclude anything other that the fact that Hamilton earned those FT's.

Bottom line: Hamilton shot more free throws because it took the ball to the hole, and took most of its shots in the paint. Shelbyville, on the other hand, was mostly perimeter-oriented. More fouls are committed down low, than on the perimeter.

Good points.

Just wondered why those refs who cheated Hamilton so bad allowed them to shoot 37 free throws. Why not cheat them totally and not allow any?

Maybe that trio was just that bad, and not dishonest. Is that possible?

You got to be kidding me with that dumb statement about Hamilton coach....how do you expect him to act in the heat of the moment....he knew they was trying to cheat his kids out of the game....he has worked hard telling his kids to love and respect the game and some dumb officials want to take away what he has earned all season through playing hard and leaving it out on the floor....he was simply acting out some frustration....we all make some bad decisions....so if he is a disgrace to TN coaches then he is an undefeated champion who stands tall against any cheaters and those who try to make excuses for that kind of behavior...GO Hamilton.....they can't cheat you now.....LOL.....Blunwhiteh8tribe you are a hater....get over it...

I'm not a hater, I'm just capabale of abstract thought...I have NEVER at ANY LEVEL seen a coach do something like what he did last night with the exception of Bob Knight of course...he is the coach of the 6th/8th ranked team in THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!! You would think with that respect he has, he would understand that crap like this happens...and if he truly is a good coach and not just a man that has unstoppable talent, then he would know how to act in this situation...I'm not saying he is a fake coach, I'm just saying he showed no class last night with that move...I understand his frustration, but you don't EVER do something like that...you save those moves for after the game in the lockerroom...

This was a good game except for a couple of poor calls by the referee's who mainly controlled the game in overtime. I wanted West Tennessee to take home three and it was a hard fight, but we got our third one. I was gonna leave after the Liberty game, but this game was good so i decided to stay. i didn't kno i would see be seeing a dogfight. lol.

This was a good game except for a couple of poor calls by the referee's who mainly controlled the game in overtime. I wanted West Tennessee to take home three and it was a hard fight, but we got our third one. I was gonna leave after the Liberty game, but this game was good so i decided to stay. i didn't kno i would see be seeing a dogfight. lol.

yall should be proud of hamilton cause a memphis team wont win it next yr..yeah im sry :angry: